Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

I think the need for a slot type receiver can be met by Terry, to be honest. But then we’d need a top receiver. Curious if that’s why they went after Cooper. 

Terry in the slot is... Scary.

See what I did there? Scary... Terry?

I’ll see my way out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, max21 said:

But he is our only weapon. 

Agreed right now he is ... if Haskins can improve I think we have a diamond in the rough in Logan Thomas too.. Haskins missed him several times Sunday once clearly straight down the middle over threw him.... Inman has a nice game Sunday but doubt he does that consistently I think too that Gibson is a stud they need to implement him more in the game though 

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Pretty sure "we have no weapons on offense" is meant as "we don't have nearly enough starting-level weapons on offense", and not "nobody on offense can do anything."

No, it's meant as a cover to excuse the poor play of the quarterback mostly.  Remember how the offensive line went from god-awful to serviceable in 2015?  What changed that year?

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Pretty sure "we have no weapons on offense" is meant as "we don't have nearly enough starting-level weapons on offense", and not "nobody on offense can do anything."

Nah, it moreso means that we have a bunch of young guys who all have potential. If they all live up to their potential then its going to be great, but they are all young so as great as a guy like Sims is he will make mistakes like the fumble against Arizona. Or Gibson and putting too much on his plate or Cam Sims and the illegal blocks or not catching the fumbled punt or Danny Johnson and his penalty on the punt. We have some real talent but they're all going to make mistakes. Heck Gibson could have had a TD against philly but he ran into TMac's back and fell down. Did a similar thing last week against Cleveland. Those are young mistakes and so we have gamechanging plays either not happening or called back and that means we have less momentum and its on another young guy in Haskins to lift up the offense. 

8 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Nah, it moreso means that we have a bunch of young guys who all have potential. If they all live up to their potential then its going to be great, but they are all young so as great as a guy like Sims is he will make mistakes like the fumble against Arizona. Or Gibson and putting too much on his plate or Cam Sims and the illegal blocks or not catching the fumbled punt or Danny Johnson and his penalty on the punt. We have some real talent but they're all going to make mistakes. Heck Gibson could have had a TD against philly but he ran into TMac's back and fell down. Did a similar thing last week against Cleveland. Those are young mistakes and so we have gamechanging plays either not happening or called back and that means we have less momentum and its on another young guy in Haskins to lift up the offense. 

Yeah, that's what makes "starting-level weapons" be weapons...they rarely make those types of mistakes. They are reliable in that regard, which helps a young QB during his development.

Talent level doesn't make a player a weapon. They don't become a weapon until they learn to minimize those types of mistakes, and can be counted on to propel the offense forward instead of doing those things that end up stopping drives. Right now we don't have enough of those.

After watching that vid, I dont understand why Dwayne refuses to use touch on his passes. That missed TD to McLaurin against the Browns for example, what makes him think he needs to throw it so hard? Its impossible for McLaurin to adjust to a ball that's getting shot out of a cannon. 

With a little more accuracy and touch, McLaurin would probably be leading the league in yards right now. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

7 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

After watching that vid, I dont understand why Dwayne refuses to use touch on his passes. That missed TD to McLaurin against the Browns for example, what makes him think he needs to throw it so hard? Its impossible for McLaurin to adjust to a ball that's getting shot out of a cannon. 

With a little more accuracy and touch, McLaurin would probably be leading the league in yards right now. 

Applying the right amount of touch is hard. Probably harder than just firing cannons.

Brett Favre had a similar issue early in his career. Not that I'm comparing Haskins to Favre, but it is a problem for a lot of guys who have super cannon arms.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

It’s a great comparison in how each move on the field. It’s like they glide, but they’re aren’t the most shifty or loose in the hips. Extremely efficient movement. Obviously, it’s because he’s done it a few times, but it’s those rare guys who catch it and as a fan you expect a big play or even a long TD when the ball is in his hands. 

Terry YAC Mcclaurin. No, okay, on to the next nickname. 

Edited by wit33