Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

McLaurin needs to be used the way the Eagles did in the early days of D-Jax.  Design plays that get the ball in his hands and let him find a way to make the plays work.  

Right.  But how does Turner not make that a focal point from day one?  I’m not even at practice every day and that’s what I’d know to do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Here's a stat for you. 

Terry McLaurin through 16 games: 70 receptions, 1105 yards, 8 TDs.

He is, right now, our franchise player. 

Young could be at some point, but even with a good game yesterday from a hustle perspective, he showed that he is a rookie and it isn’t his time yet.

McLaurin is absolutely our best player. I’m willing to go as far as to say it’s not close.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

Young could be at some point, but even with a good game yesterday from a hustle perspective, he showed that he is a rookie and it isn’t his time yet.

McLaurin is absolutely our best player. I’m willing to go as far as to say it’s not close.

I don't know. I love Terry. I think he's a true WR1. He's 8th in the league in receiving yards, with 1 less receiving yard than DK Metcalf. Chase Young is a rookie and is tied for the league lead in sacks and FF and is tied for 3rd in TFL. And he should have credit for another half sack and FF. I think you could make an argument in that direction also. 

I wonder how good Terry would look if we had a TE1, a WR2, a LT, a LG and a more experienced Haskins. Chase Young is a rookie, but other than that, and the fact that the offense can't score, he's playing on an awesome DL, in the perfect scheme, with the perfect coaches. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KDawg said:

Absolutely, he is head and shoulders our best player on offense. What a find in the 3rd round, we would be in major trouble on offense if we didnt have him. 

Chase Young has a case for best player on the team already as well. He's going to rack our 12+ sacks his rookie season, which is nuts. 

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

McLaurin is an outstanding player but Young is going to contend for DPOTYs in his career.

career?

I mean.. at the rate he's going this yr... 20 Sacks, 8 FF....

even if we suck, it is hard to deny that resume.

No way on Earth he should be expected to hit those numbers tho. That being said, Young is our best player right now, let alone the future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

career?

I mean.. at the rate he's going this yr... 20 Sacks, 8 FF....

even if we suck, it is hard to deny that resume.

No way on Earth he should be expected to hit those numbers tho. That being said, Young is our best player right now, let alone the future.

Gotta do it for more than 2 games to get that honor. 

He will. I believe that. 

But... not yet.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 9:54 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

McLaurin was dominating Peterson all game, even when he didn't get the ball:

That second clip is an easy touchdown.  I’m not sure why Dwayne starts scrambling.  He didn’t have to move and could just float that one over the top.  Six points!!🙁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

That second clip is an easy touchdown.  I’m not sure why Dwayne starts scrambling.  He didn’t have to move and could just float that one over the top.  Six points!!🙁

I don't think he ever saw him.  It looks like his first read was the outside slant and he never gave himself a chance to progress to the next read.

• Like 1

My guess is he was trying to buy time for those slants and the wheel to uncover and clear the throwing lanes to the field side when he saw #58 sit down in that hook zone and Chandler Jones go inside, but didn't see the stunt coming until too late.

In that situation, Dwayne is reading that single high safety and #58.  The safety brackets McLaurin in those concepts, and #58 shifted the coverage after the motion and took away that first read.  But McLaurin got an unexpected free release because it looks like Peterson got caught napping at the snap and there was an early window right about the bottom of Dwayne's drop.  He didn't see it.  That's probably like a third or fourth option on that play and a tough read to make because you don't want to backfoot an early throw into bracket coverage.  But Dwayne's real mistake was missing the stunt and bailing on the pocket.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2020 at 5:39 PM, Warhead36 said:

McLaurin is an outstanding player but Young is going to contend for DPOTYs in his career.

No doubt.  Eyeball test says both guys are great.  So the fact that this franchise actually has two legit GREAT players at the same time is something that hasn’t been said it many years for this organization. 

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 2