Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

2 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Yeah you are mostly correct, I don’t blame people for thinking we’d mess it up, I get it. But I saw enough of Terry is gonna be traded or why would he wanna play here or we gonna mess this up aren’t we, just to remind them how unnecessary it all was. No biggie. Lol. The wins we have are so dang rare sometimes they don’t feel like wins. Lol. 

I’m one and happy as hell to be wrong! I didn’t think he would get traded, but I was definitely worried that this was another cousins/Trent. And I still say this organization has given us plenty of reasons to doubt that they would complete what should be an obvious signing. it’s probably a good thing Snyder was hiding in France, because he would’ve found a way to butt in and screw it up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Our team prez knows NFG?? 😮

JOKING! Not everyone can have such great taste in music like me ;) 

I have to admit I have no idea who they are. Good thing our team president is on top of it and has time to engage in Twitter battles with other teams fans. I guess one with the guy pissing on the Cowboys star worked out so well he figured he was on to something. 

5 hours ago, Conn said:

I swear I recently saw a twitter breakdown where Terry absolutely toasted Diggs last season but the throws were horrible or nonexistent. That’s not the most impressive thing in the world though as Diggs isn’t lockdown at all, he gave up a historic amount of yardage in between his INT’s. He’s a worse gambler than Deangelo Hall. I’d still argue it’s a net positive for his team because big turnovers more than make up for the yardage given up as long as you have a QB who can score on offense, and Diggs does. 

I saw a video put together of about 5 plays on twitter and Diggs was stuck to Mclaurin like glue on all of them. Granted that was only a few plays. I didn't see the one you're referring to.

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There was a post a few pages back which counters this argument and shows video evidence where TM had a Diggs Deas to rights and the ball didn’t get there or wasn’t thrown.

Of course, who am I to fault our HOF level backup QB.  

Diggs still did pretty good overall. He did better than most db's do vs Terry. Even in Bullocks couple of plays, he wasn't torched. He was in the vicinity. I've seen Terry carve up so many dbs and make them look absolutely foolish. Even with terrible qbs throwing him the ball. That wasn't the case in the two Dallas games.

12 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I saw a video put together of about 5 plays on twitter and Diggs was stuck to Mclaurin like glue on all of them. Granted that was only a few plays. I didn't see the one you're referring to.

You have to factor in though that it was easier to play super tight press coverage because with Heinicke there is next to no threat of being beat over the top.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I would comment on this, however, that this was NOT the largest contract to a WR.  It was a very reasonable contract.  The timing was predictable, but the contract itself wasn't like they threw money at him until he signed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had something done last week and just held it so it wouldn't be completely ignored.  

It is the largest bonus given to a WR.

So, I was close :P

Whew!!! Exhale... been trawling every day waiting for news on this. Really stoked for Terry (& family) & thoroughly deserves the very good deal he's got.

Kudos to the front office for doing the right thing, ahem.....cough cough (Did I really just say that?)

Now let's rock the Casbah 

• Like 1

The more I think about it the more I feel like this is one of if not the most important contract this team has signed in a very long time. 

1) Terry is the type of guy, like JA, who gets big $ and instead of having a dip in play just gets better

2) If the line holds up like we hope youve given Wentz the best possible chance he might have left of being the answer for somebody.

3) the rebrand and fanbase. Signing that dude is huge for the rebrand and this fanbase. I cant tell you how many ive seen saying they werent buying a jersey until Terry resigned. Id argue right now hes by far the most beloved player on this roster and i cant tell you the last time ive seen universal agreement about resigning a player here in forever.

4) as a locker room leader and the continued transformation of the football culture

5)signaling to players not just here but FAs as well that hey you bust your butt for us we got you in the long run. Cooper Kupp earlier this offseason with  LA said guys go to LA and bust their butt to produce because they know the franchise is gonna take care of them. JA said same thing on Grant and Danny yesterday. that goes a long way into fixing how this place is looked at for free agents

• Like 4

Guys my bad!

I was misled terribly yesterday!!!

Apparently that so called breaking news story I posted that Snyder's escrow check bounced and he was pursued by a bevy of bankers, congressmen, and irate caterers looking for payment on jet skis was some kind of joke.

Damn internet trolls @!$%

They got me. :rolleyes:

Anyways, that means we really signed Terry.

And even for an old cynical curmudgeon like myself that means that our "can't get nothing done right owner and front office" get an unqualified win and  a tip of the hat from yours truly.

I'd be a liar if I didn't admit my pants get tight in the crotch just thinking about Big Armed Carson Wentz and the poor hapless defenses that will be left exposed while trying to simultaneously cover McLauran, Jahon Dotson, (a healthy-fingers crossed) Curtis Samuel, that big rookie TE whose name I can't remember that's been dominating mini-camp plus any of our league best running back stable-- wow!

Oh my!

Gonna need to have my tailor make some adjustments on my pants before the season starts.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, TheShredder said:

It's fair market value. Win-Win but I know what you're saying. Everyone expected +100M commitment. He clearly wants a second contract in 3 yrs.

giphy.gif

Watching that gif makes me sad for Craig Robinson. He gained like 100 pounds. I can't talk though, I'm pretty much doing the same thing 😢

Yeah this is a great deal for McLaurin all things considered. He gets decent long term security but he also gets to hit FA again when he's 30 for one last big payday, and presumably after putting up big numbers now that we have a legit QB. But its also a great deal for us as we retain a team leader and one of the best WRs in the league.

McAfee is such a ****ing hater! Apparently, Terry is a big deal and we need him, but he's not going to effect our winning percentage? It doesn't make sense. What have the Eagles done to be crowned champions already? Sign a bunch of "good" players? Doesn't a lot of teams do that? Didn't we used to do that all the time, what did it get us?

He's also back to trashing Wentz for no reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a note: The Terry deal got done before Metcalf and Deebo's.  

I'm so glad the Commanders got this done without it having to drag through the summer.  It's going to be a constant storyline for both the 49ers and seahawks straight through until both situations are settled.

Spotrac still doesn't have the details yet, but based on what we know, Terry got the Brown deal with a slightly different mix of signing bonus and first/second year salary. 

The team didn't have to re-set the market to get him to re-sign.  They gave him basically a market deal.  

Really, really, really good job by both sides to get this done.  Wish had been a week earlier.  But I'll take it.

I think there will be 2 more extensions announced before training camp: Payne and Holcomb.  I think they will get both done.  I might be dead wrong about that, but they want to keep the core together, and I think they were waiting on Payne to get Terry signed, now they will work on Payne.  I expect both before training camp.  

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I don't listen to McAfee much because his show seems pretty lame to me but I'm sure he was talking up the Colts trade for Wince a year ago around this time.

Maybe, but I'm sure he was talking up the trade for Wentz. Wince seemed like a bit of a reach to me.... :P

9 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

It is the largest bonus given to a WR.

So, I was close :P

I mean, I'll give it to you.

The real story would have been if they offered him $80m guaranteed and a $30m signing bonus. 

He actually is a touch under total guarantees from Brown, so it's just the first three years are spread differently between salary and signing bonus.

An interesting note: if owners need to put the entire guaranteed amount into escrow at the time of signing, there's no real benefit of NOT paying the player a higher signing bonus.  The cash is spent regardless, and sitting in an escrow account held by a third party.  Just pay the player and spread the cap hit.  If it's just a difference between guaranteed salary vs. signing bonus, the cap math would work out the same if you cut the player.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think there will be 2 more extensions announced before training camp: Payne and Holcomb.  I think they will get both done.  I might be dead wrong about that, but they want to keep the core together, and I think they were waiting on Payne to get Terry signed, now they will work on Payne.  I expect both before training camp.  

The Office Ryan GIF

• Haha 1