Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

Is commandlegacy a team sponsored thing? If not: Who cares?

Any list without Williams is beyond nuts for top 90-100 players. But if it's some website... meh.

If it's sponsored by Washington you know it's sour grapes :ols:

33 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Any list without Williams is beyond nuts for top 90-100 players. But if it's some website... meh.

I think it is a thing created by the team as part of the 90th year. So yeah, likely Snyder still mad at trent for not staying 

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, Dwayne Haskins (RIP), One-Legged Alex Smith, Kyle Allen, Taylor Heinicke and that Gilbert guy (I think that was his name) have more to do with those limitations than Terry does.

So, I don't think this can be judged just yet. Because of the QB situation.  

Agree with all of this (which is why I said “With that said, and as you allude to, those two things are hugely dependent on qb play and that’s been lacking, to put it kindly.”)  😊

I’m not so sure that a player getting paid elite money means a team necessarily believes he’s elite, but I do actually agree that the team thinks Terry is elite (or close enough to elite, or are banking on him putting up elite numbers with better qb play).  JMO.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

I was talking about this with my brother earlier. And I don’t think it’s sour grapes otherwise why is Kirk on there? Im almost wondering if maybe they asked the active players if they wanted to be included and Trent turned them down? 

lmao only this team and owner could take a feel-good, trip down memory lane type engagement-farming layup like this and have the dominant conversation INSTANTLY become about how petty Snyder is and how stupid the whole exercise is if it’s not going to include the good players he’s salty about.

Always always always taking the easy stuff and making it not just difficult, but controversial. ****ing guy. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

lmao only this team and owner could take a feel-good, trip down memory lane type engagement-farming layup like this and have the dominant conversation INSTANTLY become about how petty Snyder is and how stupid the whole exercise is if it’s not going to include the good players he’s salty about.

Always always always taking the easy stuff and making it not just difficult, but controversial. ****ing guy. 

I think @Mrshadow008 has a point, actually. If it was the owner being salty about including the good players that left, then why would KC be on there? 

Like he said, maybe it’s as simple as they asked the active players and Trent turned it down while KC agreed to be included. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Like he said, maybe it’s as simple as they asked the active players and Trent turned it down while KC agreed to be included. 

Yeah, because teams always ask for players opinions on whether or not they want to be on the "best of" lists. :wacko:

I'm sure they called Trent Williams. :ols:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yeah, because teams always ask for players opinions on whether or not they want to be on the "best of" lists. :wacko:

So why would they include cousins on the list if it’s about being salty? Doesn’t Snyder hate cousins too, for how things ended? 

im not saying 100% that @Mrshadow008 is right. I’m only saying it could be a possible explanation. At the same time, Conn could be the one who’s right. I dont know. 

and it turns out two of the players names on the list are spelled incorrectly…..🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

This is a different situation than most. Considering both are still active players in the league and both still play for teams we play THIS SEASON.  Idk if that’s the case or not but I could see it being a possibility considering that fact 

I dont see Trent and Kurt as direct parallels. Cousins was never suspended, never held out, never publicly bad mouthed anyone in the organization. Cousins wanted a kings ransom, we said no and he left. Trent's departure was ugly start to finish.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So why would they include cousins on the list if it’s about being salty? Doesn’t Snyder hate cousins too, for how things ended? 

im not saying 100% that @Mrshadow008 is right. I’m only saying it could be a possible explanation. At the same time, Conn could be the one who’s right. I dont know. 

and it turns out two of the players names on the list are spelled incorrectly…..🤦🏻‍♂️

Cousins was reported to be talking to Snyder around the time he was supposedly going to be resigned by BA so Snyder knows that KC didn't have a problem with the team. His problem was with being undervalued in his opinion. Williams was just straight up blaming the team for everything. Not even close to the same deal. 

But yeah, I'm sure that DS had somebody call Williams and all of the other 80+ former players to ask if they want to be on the list, lol. 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Cousins was reported to be talking to Snyder around the time he was supposedly going to be resigned by BA so Snyder knows that KC didn't have a problem with the team. His problem was with being undervalued in his opinion. Williams was just straight up blaming the team for everything. Not even close to the same deal. 

But yeah, I'm sure that DS had somebody call Williams and all of the other 80+ former players to ask if they want to be on the list, lol. 

Why the snarkynwss at the end? What the ****? Also, it isn’t 80 former players, it’s 10 former players, to add to the list of  80 greatest players (making it a list of 90) 

I wasn’t saying it was a 100% SURE THING about williams being called. I was only saying it was a possible explanation.

HOWEVER I also said conn might be right. I’m not saying anyone is 100% right or 100% wrong. @Conn could be right. Nobody knows for sure. 

Look what you did @Mrshadow008, making a point I was only trying to defend, in turn getting people to attack me instead of you 😂 

people, he’s the one that made the point in the first place, don’t shoot the messenger!! 

But hey, let’s all ridicule cooleyfan93. Cause that’s the popular thing to do……great. Thanks. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Look what you did @Mrshadow008, making a point I was only trying to defend, in turn getting people to attack me instead of you 😂 

people, he’s the one that made the point in the first place, don’t shoot the messenger!! 

But hey, let’s all ridicule cooleyfan93. Cause that’s the popular thing to do……great. Thanks. 

My bad man! 🤣 like I said it’s possible it’s all sour grapes. It just seems odd to include Cousins but not Trent in that situation then. Not to mention it’s odd in that Trent has publicly at least had nothing but good things to say about Dan in particular. Also totally possible it’s an omission. Which between omission and pettiness idk which is worse. The general overall point I was trying to make is we don’t know so bashing the team over it seems kinda lazy and nitpicking to me. But seriously if people wanna bash someone bash me not @Cooleyfan1993. I can handle the bashing I promise 🤣

D8014A6C-B467-4DBD-A74E-AD502AAE79A6.gif.ccfd97710c3b5a25a9e9626a1dfad5a3.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Future dynamic duo...

It's like we've got Tim Brown and Jerry Rice playing together.  :D

seriously though, we have a good oline, run game and a big arm with Wentz and a legit OC (and one of the best hanging around in Norv). I expect a very dynamic offense this year.

we really do have the pieces to attack every down and distance that we'll see and its exciting. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 9:36 AM, Warhead36 said:

McLaurin isn't elite but he's definitely like a 9 on a scale of 1-10. The QB play has been so horrendously bad in his tenure here its hard to really accurately judge his true status. You look at every other good or better WR and they almost all have at least good QBs if not superstars.

McLaurin has some major big grabs as a WR that just excited the fan base. Yeah I was pro Taylor H., But I'm not going to act like Terry didn't do some of God's work bringing some of those balls in. Then I think about that pass from Keenum and the pass from Haskins. He's a full threat that's going to blossom this year. It doesn't matter that he's not seen as a superstar yet because he's going to have a career year this year.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 1:25 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

We're talking about different things.  You're talking elite players.  I'm not.

I'm talking about star power.  You don't have to be an elite player to have star power.  

The Snyder era has lacked star power which really catches people and draws them to the team.  They don't have to be elite players, but they need to be good enough, have enough personality, and have people gravitate to them. 

I'm talking moving the needle from an interest perspective.  Not from a football perspective, and those two are not the same.

For example, when we had Deion, he was far from at his peak, but he was still a HUGE star.  

We've had a lot of good players that were liked by fans and could have been on a national type level but we had a strong possiblity of keeping our own back in the day. And I'm not just talking about Pierce and Clark but also guys like Smoot or Morris or Breeland or Preston Smith or Crowder. None of these guys were national stars but we keep "building something" only to tear it down every few years to build something else. Not saying these guys would ever have escalated to a national star but who knows. They certainly were doing well here before we decided to let them go. 

I was going to comment on this discussion and speak about what Jacoby said on Brian Mitchell's show about how the team promoted the front of the jersey over the back, but honestly I think one reason for the lack of recent start power is how we've handled FA. We always were going for the vet over our own guy and when we never built up guys we saw a lack of competition that placed a ceiling on how good these individual stars could shine. 

The other thing is that I think guys like Arrington, Orakpo, Reed, Thompson, heck even Hall were making a serious name for themselves being considered among the tops in the league but then they got hurt. And that's the other cursed fate of our team. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not sure if it was a curse or result of a crap field a **** facility. It's all mostly been addressed and upgraded.

That's a good point and I was going to bring up the number of injuries that happened at FedEx field and the Bruce strategy of drafting injured players (Reed, Thompson, Thomas the S, Love, that LB from Alabama, etc) and it's also a part of the philosophy and becomes inevitable. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

That's a good point and I was going to bring up the number of injuries that happened at FedEx field and the Bruce strategy of drafting injured players (Reed, Thompson, Thomas the S, Love, that LB from Alabama, etc) and it's also a part of the philosophy and becomes inevitable. 

The problem is drafting injured guys who stink. Thompson and Reed were still worthwhile draft picks considering we got multiple years of quality play out of them which is good value for mid round choices.