Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Just a note: The Terry deal got done before Metcalf and Deebo's.  

I'm so glad the Commanders got this done without it having to drag through the summer.  It's going to be a constant storyline for both the 49ers and seahawks straight through until both situations are settled.

Spotrac still doesn't have the details yet, but based on what we know, Terry got the Brown deal with a slightly different mix of signing bonus and first/second year salary. 

The team didn't have to re-set the market to get him to re-sign.  They gave him basically a market deal.  

Really, really, really good job by both sides to get this done.  Wish had been a week earlier.  But I'll take it.

I think there will be 2 more extensions announced before training camp: Payne and Holcomb.  I think they will get both done.  I might be dead wrong about that, but they want to keep the core together, and I think they were waiting on Payne to get Terry signed, now they will work on Payne.  I expect both before training camp.  

Maybe, but I'm sure he was talking up the trade for Wentz. Wince seemed like a bit of a reach to me.... :P

I mean, I'll give it to you.

The real story would have been if they offered him $80m guaranteed and a $30m signing bonus. 

He actually is a touch under total guarantees from Brown, so it's just the first three years are spread differently between salary and signing bonus.

An interesting note: if owners need to put the entire guaranteed amount into escrow at the time of signing, there's no real benefit of NOT paying the player a higher signing bonus.  The cash is spent regardless, and sitting in an escrow account held by a third party.  Just pay the player and spread the cap hit.  If it's just a difference between guaranteed salary vs. signing bonus, the cap math would work out the same if you cut the player.  

Holcomb probably, Payne though is a long shot in my opinion. I think they are going to ride him out this year and see how Mathis competes.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Definitely glad this got done now, certainly wouldn’t have been any less expensive waiting on the other guys to sign.  Seattle doesn’t seem to want to pay Metcalf with their QB situation as it is and rumor has it San Francisco isn’t going to pay Debo the top WR money he wants.  I expect Seattle will end up paying Metcalf a little more than Terry got and Debo will end up with a very similar deal as Terry.  Glad this drama has passed and when camp gets here they can concentrate on football.

55 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

Holcomb probably, Payne though is a long shot in my opinion. I think they are going to ride him out this year and see how Mathis competes.

I seriously doubt we extend either considering the way they slow rolled resigning Terry. If they were smart, they would negotiate with Holcomb to try and get him on the cheap but that’s the MO of this front office. 

I think they are gonna be concerned with signing Montez next year to really worry about resigning key contributors like Holcomb and some others like Curl.  

2 hours ago, ZarG3 said:

Maybe.  

But I don’t think they want to do both Sweat and Payne the same off season.  And Payne should be less. I also don’t know if there’re sold on Sweat.  

My guess is they like the 3 man rotation.  

But this is more of a bold prediction sure to go wrong because it flies in the face of all the reporting, at least from Standig.

2 hours ago, evmiii said:

Definitely glad this got done now, certainly wouldn’t have been any less expensive waiting on the other guys to sign.  Seattle doesn’t seem to want to pay Metcalf with their QB situation as it is and rumor has it San Francisco isn’t going to pay Debo the top WR money he wants.  I expect Seattle will end up paying Metcalf a little more than Terry got and Debo will end up with a very similar deal as Terry.  Glad this drama has passed and when camp gets here they can concentrate on football.

Seattle is going to trade Metcalf to Indy.  They’re going to bottom out in Carroll’s last year which is an odd strategy.  

Unlike our situation, they SHOULD trade Metcalf, play Locke, win 5 games and have a lot of ammo in next years draft. 

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

I seriously doubt we extend either considering the way they slow rolled resigning Terry. If they were smart, they would negotiate with Holcomb to try and get him on the cheap but that’s the MO of this front office. 

I think they are gonna be concerned with signing Montez next year to really worry about resigning key contributors like Holcomb and some others like Curl.  

I don’t think they really slow rolled Terry that much.  

This is the time of year you extend players going into their final season.  They had to do Terry first.  Now that is done, the can move on to the next tier.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Watching that gif makes me sad for Craig Robinson. He gained like 100 pounds. I can't talk though, I'm pretty much doing the same thing 😢

I've just recently added physical transformations to our coaching & consulting and have found some keys, at least for high end Thai clients here in Bangkok. So many misrepresentations and lies being sold for media exposure as normally physical transformations are a niche itself. That's not my game, however there always seems to be an athlete with a spouse who cannot seem to exit the overweight category regardless of what they do. I've never had anyone not reach their targets. If you put the weight on, then you can take it off.

3 hours ago, evmiii said:

Seattle doesn’t seem to want to pay Metcalf with their QB situation as it is and rumor has it San Francisco isn’t going to pay Debo the top WR money he wants.  I expect Seattle will end up paying Metcalf a little more than Terry got and Debo will end up with a very similar deal as Terry.

Metcalf was largely beneficial from Wilson at QB. Then you're wondering if he can perform the same without him, but you don't know and he wants to get paid now, hmmm. Sounds like this situation is the last one to find closure of the three. Shanahan already said they're not trading Deebo, if I'm not mistaken. He's unconventionally honest with media. SF probably pays Deebo after Jimmy G is dealt with as they only have 4M in cap space and can't do anything with Jimmy Gigolo until he passes a physical. Deebo deal could be 90% done and just waiting for the cap space to clear. Possible Metcalf doesn't get a deal IMO, they could wait and transition tag him until they figure out the QB.

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t think they really slow rolled Terry that much

They certainly slow rolled the Terry negotiations. He put up numbers ever since he was drafted, he has been a model player, a team captain and missed what 3 games in 3 years. It’s not like overnight, they thought hey maybe we need to extend this guy. And it’s not a situation where he was looking for a renegotiation on a current contract. His rookie contract was 4 years and would expire this year. 

He is a completely different situation than Deebo and Metcalf. Deebo had an amazing year last season. Prior to that it could be argued he was kind of a bust. He missed a ton of games due to injury and had a whopping 33 catches in 2020 in 7 games. Metcalf has produced since being drafted but I don’t think Seattle knows what they want to do. Rebuilding and paying him $100 mil may not make sense. Plus I believe he certainly has that prototypical diva attitude at wide receiver that some don’t like. 

51 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

They certainly slow rolled the Terry negotiations. He put up numbers ever since he was drafted, he has been a model player, a team captain and missed what 3 games in 3 years. It’s not like overnight, they thought hey maybe we need to extend this guy. And it’s not a situation where he was looking for a renegotiation on a current contract. His rookie contract was 4 years and would expire this year. 

He is a completely different situation than Deebo and Metcalf. Deebo had an amazing year last season. Prior to that it could be argued he was kind of a bust. He missed a ton of games due to injury and had a whopping 33 catches in 2020 in 7 games. Metcalf has produced since being drafted but I don’t think Seattle knows what they want to do. Rebuilding and paying him $100 mil may not make sense. Plus I believe he certainly has that prototypical diva attitude at wide receiver that some don’t like. 

Well, they couldn’t extend him until this off season.  Did it drag on a couple months longer than some might have wanted? Maybe.  But this was the first season they could extend him and they did.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

^^ You know he didn't need any help writing that, either...

We all know that and likely he does as well.  But what separates him from the rest is he will never say that.  So happy to have him back in B&G for years to come!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lovi said:

We all know that and likely he does as well.  But what separates him from the rest is he will never say that.  So happy to have him back in B&G for years to come!

Uh…..do “the rest” usually say they needed help or had help writing something like that…? 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Uh…..do “the rest” usually say they needed help or had help writing something like that…? 

The writing no.  But I don't think that other people impacted him as much as he's giving credit as well.  Some people are just intrinsically gifted with the right qualities.  In any case, I'm glad the signing drama is over.

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Seattle is rebuilding and should be trying to trade Metcalf. They could definitely get a 1 for him, although now it'd be a future 1 which is less valuable. 

Could they? Somebody would have to give up a 1 and a deal probably slightly richer than Terry’s deal.

I love Terry’s deal, and I like Metcalf.  But a 1 plus Terry’s deal? That’s a lot. 

Im not sure who has that desire.  The colts maybe?

24 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Not sure if this goes here but I figured best place to put it. Terry Mcclaurin jerseys are $36 off at the team store website with code SAVENFL

There will be at least 3 posters who will chide you for giving money to Dan.  

Just be ready for it.  It’s all good though. 

I make it a point to not buy jerseys of active players.  I never did, then I bought one, and he was murdered.  And I haven’t bought one since.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 2