Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

PCS

The fact that we get to look forward to Montez Sweat and Chase Young wreaking havoc for the next decade brings a smile to my face. They make watching our defense so much fun. Best part? They're still learning. So much potential in both of them waiting to be fully realized.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CTskin said:

No doubt. But the critiques were not about him being misused, they were flat out saying that we reached, wasted a pick, there was a reason he was falling out of the first round, he had no explosion, got pushed around, and that it set us back. Even in the 2020 draft thread people were wishing they didn’t give away the 2nd rounder.

If he hadn’t been completely wasted by Manusky and company people wouldn’t have had that opinion, is my point.  

This is a constant topic of conversation in the Chase Young thread, but I think is an even better question here. Who do you choose/who do you think NFL GM's would choose? Montez Sweat, or Nick Bosa? I said at the time of the draft that Montez could easily have the better career becaause of athletic traits, size/length, and the Bosa injury history. That all only looks more true now. 

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

This is a constant topic of conversation in the Chase Young thread, but I think is an even better question here. Who do you choose/who do you think NFL GM's would choose? Montez Sweat, or Nick Bosa? I said at the time of the draft that Montez could easily have the better career becaause of athletic traits, size/length, and the Bosa injury history. That all only looks more true now. 

Jury is still out on this one. Bosa did have a fantastic rookie season. If he gets another injury, or he doesn't return to form after this one, then you'll be proven right. 

43 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

Jury is still out on this one. Bosa did have a fantastic rookie season. If he gets another injury, or he doesn't return to form after this one, then you'll be proven right. 

Well of course the jury is still out. The question is, knowing only what we know, who would you take right now?

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Bosa assuming he returns to form when healthy. Sweat has been really good but Bosa looks like a future DPOTY type guy.

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bosa assuming he returns to form when healthy. Sweat has been really good but Bosa looks like a future DPOTY type guy.

I have the opposite take. I think Bosa came into the league much closer to his ceiling and is unlikely to ever reach his ceiling given his penchant for injuries. Even if he does make a full recovery from this one. He looks like his ceiling is a high impact 12 sack guy. Not a 15-20 sack guy. He just doesn't have the burst or length for that I don't think. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sitting in VA tire and Auto (****ed my **** all up if anyone is interested) with who I’m pretty sure is Sweats dad. I ain’t gonna ask cause I’m not a creep. But I googled him cause I’m an internet creep and it looks like him. The gold Sweat90 chain and all 90 redskins gear was a good tip. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Llevron said:

Sitting in VA tire and Auto (****ed my **** all up if anyone is interested) with who I’m pretty sure is Sweats dad. I ain’t gonna ask cause I’m not a creep. But I googled him cause I’m an internet creep and it looks like him. The gold Sweat90 chain and all 90 redskins gear was a good tip. 

I don't know, I think I need something more, like when he paid for stuff did he have a photo of his kids and then a 6'6 giant standing next to them? 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I don't know, I think I need something more, like when he paid for stuff did he have a photo of his kids and then a 6'6 giant standing next to them? 

So, I can add that he did have a photo of him and Montez on his phone. Thats actually how my wife, not I, recognized him. Shes nosy as ****, and was looking at this mans phone I guess. Then mentioned to me he has a picture of Montez Sweat on his phone and i think thats his dad. Then I looked and noticed everything else i said in my original post. 

And I will say I feel cheated by the gene pool. That man is much skinnier and shorter than my own father. Leading me to wonder why I never myself became an Athletic freak designed to eat QBs. No I dont think my training habits or motivation have anything to do with it. 

17 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

@Llevron How much did the lab that made him pay you to say that? 

If they are paying it wouldnt take much lol. 

I'll tell you the truth for 20 bucks. 

• Haha 3

everything I've heard is Tez is alpha as heck at camp. Talking **** and playing super physical. Sounds like he can't wait for the season to start. 

I have no doubt he views himself as Chase's equal and wants to be the best between the two of them. They are very close and have quite the friendly rivalry it seems. 

We are so lucky to have him

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

everything I've heard is Tez is alpha as heck at camp. Talking **** and playing super physical. Sounds like he can't wait for the season to start. 

I have no doubt he views himself as Chase's equal and wants to be the best between the two of them. They are very close and have quite the friendly rivalry it seems. 

We are so lucky to have him

Pretty interesting change because IIRC before now Sweat was generally reported to be more of a low key kind of guy and not that vocal or hype. Maybe having a dude like Chase with him really did make a huge difference.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Chase might be having a really good effect on Montez. Honestly, from a physical standpoint, he's as gifted as anyone in the NFL. If he starts to play with a motor like Chase? He'll be a nightmare. Like HoF nightmare.

This entire D-line can be a nightmare this year.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Pretty interesting change because IIRC before now Sweat was generally reported to be more of a low key kind of guy and not that vocal or hype. Maybe having a dude like Chase with him really did make a huge difference.

look you and I both know Chase talks mad never ending **** but he backs it up! Thats a good influence 

1 hour ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

This entire D-line can be a nightmare this year.

Nightmare with a capital N. We have a very nasty 8-9 man rotation and if they all mature and get the system down man... 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Chase might be having a really good effect on Montez. Honestly, from a physical standpoint, he's as gifted as anyone in the NFL. If he starts to play with a motor like Chase? He'll be a nightmare. Like HoF nightmare.

Montez needed to loosen his hips a bit and learn some more pass rushing moves, but he made a huge jump last year and pulled a "hold my beer" on Watt with his tip interception.  I want those tip interceptions to become his signature move like Chases sack/chop/fumble move he does in a split second. 

Dudes I'm so excited I might need to change my pants

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Second game in three where Sweat didn't show up anywhere on the stat sheet. Just wondering if we're allowed to criticize his productivity as well.

Absolutely. Guy talked about breaking the all time duo sack record with Young. They got like what 5 sacks on the year? I think Chandler Jones had that in one game lolol.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1