Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Can you do that with more than one player? I may be thinking about the franchise tag here lol...

Every 1st round picks contract under this CBA includes a 5th year option for the team, with all other rookie contracts just being 4 years. 

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

He's a kid you could question a lot of these guys maturity. 

Touché. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and let his on and off the field actions speak for him

Can't believe the skins had an A first round.. needed a QB (got the best QB in the draft) and more pass rush (the guy everyone wanted). Hope Jay doesn't get in the way of Haskins since it wasn't his guy, but the dude is legit. On to OL next please!

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Can you do that with more than one player? I may be thinking about the franchise tag here lol...

Not 100% sure but they always talk about teams trading back into the first to get the fifth year option especially for QBs.  I think you can do it for all your first round picks but am really just guessing.  Can anyone confirm this?

I was neutral to pretty disappointed with the Haskins pick. I didn't absolutely hate it but I didn't like it either. Montez Sweat makes it up for me. My first round grade B+. If Haskins does work out and after all he was taken at a position of need. The most important position and at a great value at 15. As I type I'm starting to love this. 

Who are the round 3 targets at this point? OG,WR,FS,TE?

2 minutes ago, Brother Redskin said:

Not 100% sure but they always talk about teams trading back into the first to get the fifth year option especially for QBs.  I think you can do it for all your first round picks but am really just guessing.  Can anyone confirm this?

True, I forgot about that part in bold...I should have caught that.

Sweat is a force multiplier. With this stud DL, our rotational depth there, and the ever-consistent Kerrigan across from him...who do you double? Stack up Foster and Collins behind them locking down the run game. That's a good look and more blue chip talent on the D than we've had since we did things backwards and relied on a blue chip secondary but little pass rush during Gibbs II

Archived