Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I really, really, really hope they aren't planning on letting OG go untouched again this year. If Flowers is really the ONLY thing we've done, we're screwed. I love a good edge rusher, but our OL and receiver corps are being neglected.

I can't believe we keep neglecting the most important position on the field, LG, and do stupid stuff like draft an excellent QB and OLB prospect. I don't think it's possible to win without a great LG.

Very good first round for the front office.  Trot Keenum out to take the beating in the first 5 games, then maybe... MAYBE see what McCoy or the Rookie can do.  The Sweat pick is top notch.  He is essentially our 2nd round pick who had a top 10 grade.  Faster and stronger than Preston, which should, after some gimme sacks and tackles in the backfield the first few weeks, open up opportunities for Kerrigan, and let Foster eat in the middle after offemnses overcompensate by sending the extra lineman to block Sweat... Or better for Foster, they send the RB over to chip.  Good job by the f.o.!

So Gruden said he didn't want a QB who would sit and we went ahead and drafted him. DW said we were more likely to trade back than up and we trade up. Reports were that we were going to trade up into the top 3 or top 5 and we didn't. 

massive confusion sent out by the front office this year. I wonder if we were behind some of the other rumors. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Sweat is a force multiplier. With this stud DL, our rotational depth there, and the ever-consistent Kerrigan across from him...who do you double? Stack up Foster and Collins behind them locking down the run game. That's a good look and more blue chip talent on the D than we've had since we did things backwards and relied on a blue chip secondary but little pass rush during Gibbs II

Yeah. I just posted something similar about the defensive lineup over in the Sweat thread. This will be the most talent and speed in our front 7 I can remember in a very long time. And Collins is a serious thumper as well. I am actually excited after round one about the defense. Add in a potential franchise QB and this draft has a chance to be a transformational draft for this franchise.

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

So Gruden said he didn't want a QB who would sit and we went ahead and drafted him. DW said we were more likely to trade back than up and we trade up. Reports were that we were going to trade up into the top 3 or top 5 and we didn't. 

massive confusion sent out by the front office this year. I wonder if we were behind some of the other rumors. 

More likely they just drink heavily and forget anything they planned to do 20 mins into the night.

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

If you buy what beat guys are saying Haskins wasn't Jay's guy.  So not sure about the Jay drafted him.    Plenty of noise from them that they'd take Haskins for days so not much smoke really.  106.7 guys were flat out saying today the plan isn't to trade up but take Haskins if he's there at 15 with Bruce-Dan leading that. 

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Good thing the medical staff of the most routinely injured team didnt see anything wrong with a falling player with health concerns. 

It was reported this morning that NFL teams were getting news that he was misdiagnosed entirely

Alright alright alright.

Sweat is an awesome pickup.  That misdiagnosis dropped him right into our laps*.  Beautiful.

*of course requiring a 2020 2nd rounder but that's fine, 26 was a fall for the guy

This was a solid 1st round.  Haskins has as good a chance as any QB in the draft to succeed, while Sweat can likely start immediately and improve our defense.

1 minute ago, cakmoney61 said:

NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😊

True story, I used to run cross country and I was eventually diagnosed with a mitral valve prolapse.  I got checked out because on occasion I'd be running and my eyes would black out so there were times I'd run into trees if it happened quickly enough and I was in the wooded parts of the course.

I got better though.

I think.

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

What if outshines Keenum and starts. You don't know if he will sit. That is not set in stone. 

DW said they were not going to move up to get a QB and they didn't. 

We really didn't trade up but spent our 2nd round pick a day earlier and just gave up next year 2nd round in return. 

I am not seeing any confusion here. 

4 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

N’keal Harry to NE. Lucky guy

Wait until the TV body language reading crew comes. You thought Haskins showed "not happy". This guy was way to uninterested. Go to the best team with the best QB that doesn't have any receivers. This is the quickest way to stardom. He should be jumping around from happiness. 

6 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Atlanta made the draft picks the Skins should've made picking up a OG and a OT, good job Atlanta.

I would have loved those picks as well. I've been beating the table for OL for months.. but even I have to admit this was a great 1st round. I'm right there with you about making our OL next priority, though. That would be the icing on the cake. An accurate Pocket QB with no pressure in his face, like Haskins, is deadly.

So the Cards are now stuck with Rosen. Will they get even a day 2 pick for him? Keeping him now would be toxic. Looks like Denver, Miami, and a wild card will be the spot. His value has tanked. I expect a New England, New Orleans, San Diego type of shrewd team to grab him for a song if those others don’t.

Archived