Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

6 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Watched the pick on abc. They put the camera on Haskins and as he hung up he clearly rolled his eyes and looked pissed. Not a smile, then they interviewed him and he was clearly annoyed at being picked late so that’s understandable, but he’s clearly lacking on some maturity level 

I'm sick of calculated, composed guys working their image at QB. I'll take a competitive guy with a chip on his shoulder. He is gonna hate the Giants his whole career, and they have been our daddy for a decade so...

Just now, ejay183 said:

Reports came out today that may have been a misdiagnose.

Report came out a week ago. But he was already off of most teams draft board. These teams were not going to put him back on being so close to draft day coming up.

Too bad for them good for us. :)

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Report came out a week ago. But he was already off of most teams draft board. These teams were not going to put him back on being so close to draft day coming up.

So far, it worked out with Allen and hopefully history repeats itself

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm sick of calculated, composed guys working their image at QB. I'll take a competitive guy with a chip on his shoulder. He is gonna hate the Giants his whole career, and they have been our daddy for a decade so...

I suppose so. It just really rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe it was watching all the other picks so happy to be picked regardless and then I see our pick sulking. I really hope he works his ass off and proves the 14 teams who picked before us wrong, but until then he has at least one person who is skeptical of his personality and maturity.

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Oh yeah. And a big one at that. 4.4 at 260 pounds! The guy is a beast. But I had taken him off of my board for medical. It appears other teams did as well. I am guessing the Skins doctors cleared him. Giving up next years 2nd actually equates to a third rounder in points. So seems like a good deal to me.

Color me shocked we didnt give up a first.

Well was dreading a catastrophe this morning but the combination of these two picks have made for an excellent 1st round.  Need a guard though in case Fisher doesn't pan out (which is a good possibility).  We may have to wait until next year to address the WR situation. Figure 3rd will be OL and DB. 

4 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I suppose so. It just really rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe it was watching all the other picks so happy to be picked regardless and then I see our pick sulking. I really hope he works his ass off and proves the 14 teams who picked before us wrong, but until then he has at least one person who is skeptical of his personality and maturity.

Cool. I don't think anyone really cares, but you have the right to feel that way. Seems supremely silly to me

1 minute ago, zskins said:

plenty of teams didnt want to touch Jon Allen because of his arthritic shoulders. he fell and we snatched him up and he's held up pretty damn well. granted we made a move here, but im happy we took this chance on a guy who can have a day-1 impact. sometimes you just have to take a risk.

excited to get into his highlights on youtube.

8 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I saw when he wouldn’t even wear the hat at first, just holding it in his hand. Saw his body language. Saw someone who clearly wasn’t pleased and the hosts on abc said the same thing “looks like opposite reactions while sweats all smiles and Haskins was not”. 

I also watched the clip on Twitter. He was more pissed at his family and friends it looks like to me, because he couldn't hear who ever was on the phone from the Skins. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027380/article/dwayne-haskins-something-there-with-redskins

image: http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/redskinsb_logo.gif

redskinsb_logo.gif Washington Redskins: Montez Sweat, DE/OLB, Mississippi State A+ Grade 
I thought the Redskins would trade two second-round picks to move up to this spot for a receiver. They just drafted a quarterback, yet have nothing at wideout. That would've made more sense as far as the position is concerned. However, Montez Sweat is a far better player than any receiver on the board. The Redskins lost Preston Smith in free agency, so they needed a potent edge rusher. Sweat is even more than that. Had it not been for a potentially misdiagnosed heart condition, Sweat would've been a top-10 selection in this class. Given the misdiagnosis, there doesn't appear to be any concern with Sweat, making this an absolute steal. Despite the Redskins trading a 2020 second-round choice, this is one of the best picks of the 2019 NFL Draft thus far. 

Read more: http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades1.php#ixzz5mAXRE67y

Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades1.php#2LQHtwMJwC2V0d0s.99

I really, really, really hope they aren't planning on letting OG go untouched again this year. If Flowers is really the ONLY thing we've done, we're screwed. I love a good edge rusher, but our OL and receiver corps are being neglected.

3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I also watched it he clip on Twitter. He was more pissed at his family in friends it looks like to me, because he couldn't hear who ever was on the phone from the Skins. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027380/article/dwayne-haskins-something-there-with-redskins

Hope that’s the case then. Still question his maturity 

The FO has drafted extremely well the last few years. I think that too many people are jaded by the cousins fiasco to realize/acknowledge this.

Upgrading SS, ILB, OLB and potentially getting our qb of the future despite the massive alex smith dead cap is impressive. Every year we feel that offseason optimism but HOW is this defense not going to be a serious strength?

CBS's thoughts on our day one of the dra

Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

I think he's the best quarterback in this draft and it's a great pick for the Redskins. Getting a cheap quarterback to come in and push to start right away is a great move. Love this pick by the Redskins. Like Kyler Murray he's a one-year wonder, but there's a lot of potential here. Grade: A

Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State

Yeah, there's issues. There were teams that took him off the board with concerns about the heart. The ability is there. The ability is phenomenal. He's fast, he made a lot of plays. Had a great senior year. Controversial pick to keep an eye on going forward after Redskins gave up picks to trade back into first round. Grade: B

Archived