Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Schedule Rumors, Leaks, & Predictions

kleese

Brutal front half of the schedule is absolutely right, lol. Wow. If this is Game of Thrones, looks like those first five games could be the equivalent of the RED(skin) Wedding. 

Btw, that video is cool, but looks like that was done by the NFL, as most teams I've seen have a similar video. 

17 hours ago, nonniey said:

My point being if we have a top 10 pick next year (likely) it seems likely that we will have a new coach.  It would be preferable to let him have a say in his new QB.

True.  I would prefer the next coach picking the next QB.  Gruden isn't going to be here for the long term. Us taking a QB this year is pointless because odds are strong, we have a new coach next year.  That new coach will want his own QB.

13 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Brutal first 5 games, could easily see 1-4 or 0-5 if we don't get some weapons on offense.

It kinda depends on how you view it I guess...normally defenses are ahead of the offense for those games.  Can be a godsend if the D.C. Rolltide Defense is scheming well out of the gate.  Skins backfield won't need much time to find holes with a mostly healthy OL to start off the year.  If they manage it like usual they'll win a couple close games for sure. 

Looking at that schedule I view it as the best thing the Skins could have asked for. Arguably they play NFC East head to head in the first 4 games.  Defense will have a chance to start off strong and get some momentum.  Add, Case won his first two games in Denver and started off well.  If they're going to do anything in 2019 it will be out of the gate with a fast start.  

Its a possibility they go 0-5 and They have an interim HC in week 6.  I think it depends on the offensive scheme and play calling to find a different gear....running on 1st down, only throwing screens on 3rd and long will get Gruden fired early.  

20 hours ago, Califan007 said:

According to the Sporting News, the Redskins have the easiest schedule In the NFL??,,,

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/toughest-nfl-schedule-2019-strength-of-schedule/uul8u61c5vx715vm8xynhn7ci

Ours is .469

BTW, the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins' (of which I think are tremendously overrated)  strength of schedule was .4413 (1971 records).  If you look at their 1972 strength of schedule using the end of 1972 results, it is .357.  If you exclude the 14 games they won over their opponents, the number is .3851.  Mind you, this was also for a team that had lost in the SB the year before.  

On 4/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, Califan007 said:

According to the Sporting News, the Redskins have the easiest schedule In the NFL??,,,

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/toughest-nfl-schedule-2019-strength-of-schedule/uul8u61c5vx715vm8xynhn7ci

They front loaded it to even it out.  It's BS, we've seen Patriots with low SOS and not get front loaded like we did for that reason.  

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

They front loaded it to even it out.  It's BS, we've seen Patriots with low SOS and not get front loaded like we did for that reason.  

If by some miracle the Redskins go 3-2 over their first 5 games, they could end up having a halfway decent season (or better). I would much rather have that then go 1-4 or even 0-5, and then finish up 8-3 the rest of the way against mediocre opponents.

When the schedule comes out every year I think about the difficulty of the early portion of it and how a bad start can derail a season. It makes me remember what the 2006 Giants (who had gone 11-5 and won the division in 2005 )were faced with out of the gate:

Indy (14-2 in 2005)

@Philly (6-10 in 2005, but injuries and the TO drama had derailed an Eagles team that had gone to the SB the year before)

@Seattle (13-3 in 2005)

Redskins (10-6 in 2005)

@Atlanta (8-8 in 2005)

@Dallas (9-7 in 2005)

Tampa (11-5 in 2005)

At the time, I wondered how on earth would the Giants make it through that gauntlet. And yet they went 5-2 thru that stretch, and then to 6-2 against a bad Texans team, before collapsing to 8-8 (well, of course they beat us at the end of the season) before losing to Philly in the first round of the paloffs. 

On 4/17/2019 at 11:10 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Thank you! Apparently the guy I’m arguing with on twitter doesn’t see it that way. He even said “by that logic, the 9 AM London games are prime time since there are no other games on” and he sent me the definition of prime time (peak hours between 8-11 PM when most people are home from work”. 

And then when i said most people are home from work during the 9:30 AM London games and thanksgiving games, he said “oh, so by that logic, we should just move the super bowl to 1 PM instead”. **** him. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the SB start at 5pm?  By his logic, it already is not a prime time game.

2 hours ago, c slag said:

The Chicago Bears were a playoff team last season, but not sure why they placed this game on MNF,as opposed to a team within the division

If you look at the MNF slate this year, seems like roughly half of the games are between divisional opponents, while the other half aren't. 

Seems like in recent years, especially since MNF went to ESPN, the night divisional matchups are more likely to be seen on TNF. And SNF has replaced MNF as the "marquee" game. 

I predict.     The Redskins defense is going to **** **** up, honestly..they will go into Philly and just absolutely ****ing dominate there o line and beat them ****ing down, they can't block everyone.. Collins, foster, kerrigan and sweat around the edge .ohhhh ****ing weeeehaaawww gonna get you pheagels here's a warning these skins gonna pluck yo ass's and **** **** up and beat your ass..watch..y'all watch Wentz gonna get more than his jersey ripped to ****s...skins d gonna kick some ass and win some ****ing games **** ya I'm ****ing pumped!!!

14 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I predict.     The Redskins defense is going to **** **** up, honestly..they will go into Philly and just absolutely ****ing dominate there o line and beat them ****ing down, they can't block everyone.. Collins, foster, kerrigan and sweat around the edge .ohhhh ****ing weeeehaaawww gonna get you pheagels here's a warning these skins gonna pluck yo ass's and **** **** up and beat your ass..watch..y'all watch Wentz gonna get more than his jersey ripped to ****s...skins d gonna kick some ass and win some ****ing games **** ya I'm ****ing pumped!!!

I think Carson Wentz is over-rated.

And his record is a reflection of that.

He's 23-17.  That's a winning percentage of .575

That's not a playoff-making percentage.

So yea, it's gonna be Easy Eagle.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think Carson Wentz is over-rated.

And his record is a reflection of that.

He's 23-17.  That's a winning percentage of .575

That's not a playoff-making percentage.

So yea, it's gonna be Easy Eagle.

I agree... because I'm not lucky enough it probably wont happen but I'm hanging on to hope that the eagles let the wrong QB go

Archived