Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Schedule Rumors, Leaks, & Predictions

kleese

Who knows, the Skins can be 2-0 headed into Week 3.  I wouldn't bet on it but it's possible.  We've still got the draft and all of camp and preseason to go between now and then, a lot can change.

The less prime time games, the better, for sure.  I'm not sure what their prime time record is but we know it's terrible.  And it's more than terrible, their performances are almost always just pathetic.  It's not just a loss, it's a drubbing.

The 4:25 starts are my favorite. I also like SNF. I prefer to enjoy Sunday as long as possible before the letdown. Losing at 1pm is the worst. And the main thing with 1pm is that it is such the undercard for the NFL. Always has been. I’m generally less hyped for 1pm games even when they matter. I guess if we are good late in the year we can play ourselves into some later/night starts. I won’t hold my breath. 

36 minutes ago, samy316 said:

We deserve it though.  We are maybe the least talented offense in the league, and a team devoid of name brand stars.  We’re also a highly dysfunctional team, so until we prove ourselves, and can string together good seasons, we’ll always be one of the least trusted/respected teams in the league.

I agree. But we haven’t “deserved” respect for about 25 years now and that generally has not stopped the league from putting us in prime spots on the schedule throughout that time period. It’s like the league finally gave up on us too now. 

People are wrong when they say the Redskins are dying. They are dead. It’s just that a few of us are like a loyal Golden Retreiver that won’t leave it’s owners side even after death. 

I do like an occasional 4:25 game, kinda surprised we weren’t scheduled for one but we also only play one west coast team at home. I hate prime time games because I stay up till about 1 AM pissed because we lost and then pretty tired when I wake up at 5:30 for work. 

Sure the writing is on the wall..no stability at qb...unless we hit a home run in the draft the wr position is a big question mark as well as quice is..but I just really question alot of y'all just no hope for the season at all what so ever.. it would not surprise me at all one bit if we only won three games..but dear gods as long as I claim to be a Redskins fan I've got to give them a fighting chance before the season even starts right??...

12 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Sure the writing is on the wall..no stability at qb...unless we hit a home run in the draft the wr position is a big question mark as well as quice is..but I just really question alot of y'all just no hope for the season at all what so ever.. it would not surprise me at all one bit if we only won three games..but dear gods as long as I claim to be a Redskins fan I've got to give them a fighting chance before the season even starts right??...

I totally agree with you. But it is jarring to see even how low interest in this team is. In past years a thread like this would be buzzing when the schedule was released. Now there's just a few of us talking about it. 

27 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

5 of the first 8 at home.  

Gotta take advantage of that.

i predict season over by week 7.  

I see 4 home games and 4 away games in the first 8 weeks...what schedule are you looking at 😂😂😂

Home:

week 2 Vs Cowboys (1)

week 3 Vs Bears (2)

week 5 Vs Patriots (3)

week 7 Vs 49ers (4) 

Away:

week 1 @ Eagles (1)

week 4 @ Giants (2)

Week 6 @ Dolphins (3)

Week 8 @ Vikings (4) 

maybe you saw JP Finlays mistake where he put Vs Giants in week 4 instead of @ Giants?       

At best, the team finishes 7-9 for the third straight season.  It is quite possible the Skins start out 0-5.  If that acutally happens, Gruden is gone.  It's probably the usual good one week, bad the next.  Overachieving when you don't expect them to but falling flat, when they should win.

24 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Not every fan is going to choose to be positive. I commend you for choosing to be positive, but come on. Questioning those that have no hope? Just let them have no hope if they want to. Why does it bother you? 

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Not every fan is going to choose to be positive. I commend you for choosing to be positive, but come on. Questioning those that have no hope? Just let them have no hope if they want to. Why does it bother you? 

I think most people are going to look at what the Redskins have done in recent years and assess the current talent level on the team and rightfully predict something in the slightly sub .500 neighborhood, and hope that they are pleasantly surprised when the games are played.

But the current issue, IMO, is that this team has been mediocre for so long, that even that hope is gone. There is virtually zero interest in the Redskins right now. 

21 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I totally agree with you. But it is jarring to see even how low interest in this team is. In past years a thread like this would be buzzing when the schedule was released. Now there's just a few of us talking about it. 

Yeah I hear what you're saying.... What I'm about to say should go in the conspiracy thread but I believe with the boneheaded moves Snyder has made..most recent being foster..im all over sorry... Sure time will tell rather the Foster acquisition was worth it.. and of course if it turns out to be a negative acquisition, you know gets in trouble with the law doesn't get along with coaches and the team, people are going to put the hammer down on the skins..if he pans out than to all the haters it will be meh whatever.. back to conspiracy theory I think there's so much hate to the Skins because of their name and until Snyder changes it they will continue to be bottom dwellers.. it's absolutely obvious that the NFL hates the skins... You can tell with the first 5 weeks of this year's schedule... I could go on and on.. that hit on crowder in London against The Bangles I will never in my life forget.. any way I'll stop now on account of I don't think I'm making sense cuz of how all over the place I am

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It is just completely mind-boggling to me how someone could say yes I am a fan of this team and I am just going to be absolutely miserable and have no hope whatsoever.. I can't beat the drum enough on my somewhat prediction for this year of not winning more than 3 games... But I'm the biggest cheerleader you'll see and you're right yes I'm sorry not every fan has to be like me I get it I have no right trying to push my finger...again I just don't understand someone being a fan of any team and just being so negative about them.. just me man sorry again

Anyone else surprised that there are no Saturday games this year? Like, not just for us, that’s not surprising, but i mean in general? The past few years the nfl has put two games on one Saturday in December and 2 games the following Saturday in December. 

Thats not the case this year. Did the viewership decrease for the Saturday games last season?? I even saw a tweet over the weekend that the league was considering a pre-Christmas Saturday doubleheader. 

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone else surprised that there are no Saturday games this year? Like, not just for us, that’s not surprising, but i mean in general? The past few years the nfl has put two games on one Saturday in December and 2 games the following Saturday in December. 

This is an article I found from last season on the Saturday games. Leaves me with the impression that maybe the league does have the flexibility to switch a few of the December games to Saturday if they choose to.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-finalizes-saturday-schedule-for-2018-find-out-which-teams-have-been-flexed/

28 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

At best, the team finishes 7-9 for the third straight season.  It is quite possible the Skins start out 0-5.  If that acutally happens, Gruden is gone.  It's probably the usual good one week, bad the next.  Overachieving when you don't expect them to but falling flat, when they should win.

Ya know, will see what happens...if Dallas starts out hot against the Giants and we come out flat against Philly and get are ass's handed to us than it could be the beginning of the end before it starts for the skins..lose in Philly, against Dallas, mud stomped by the(my wifes)bears, maybe beat the Giants but we'll have to see how they start out..if they start out hot we lose to them and beat the cowboys..hell the Skins will most likely lose to both the cowboys and Giants.. then of course the Super Bowl champions are in town and most likely half of Boston... I agree that 0-5 is very well possible..backing my 3-13 prediction, gruden gone by week 7...

Enter bakedtater1...our o line absolutely man handles Phillies d line, keenum and Hollywood from Oklahoma instantly become the next best thing since sliced butter and bread.. our top 10 defense tears another Jersey from wentz and the skins come out a winner continue momentum into the next week against a Dallas team that lost week 1 against the Giants and continue to beat them down.. get a little winning streak going by beating my wife's bears down,  Trent Williams and Scherff have an all pro day by shutting down Mac and the two-headed monsters go crazy... The Skins now go to the meadowlands and take care of little blue to come back home and beat down the Super Bowl champs backing my saying about if you can beat the Patriots it's going to be in the first 7 weeks..BAM 5-0 BABY keenum is already getting talked about about being MVP....call me crazy jus don't call me late for dinner..

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Thats not the case this year. Did the viewership decrease for the Saturday games last season?? I even saw a tweet over the weekend that the league was considering a pre-Christmas Saturday doubleheader. 

Maybe it's because it's the 100th year and they want to get back to more of a traditional way... Wouldn't that be great to get back to just Sunday, Sunday evening, Monday night and that's it.. but anyway yeah that is strange there has been Saturday games for the last several years.. but I'm so glad no Saturday games for the skins..I'm telling you just seeing the Redskins playing 14 of the 16 games at 1pm is a sign of a good season to come.. the Skins play their best football when they are in the cellar..

7 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

This is an article I found from last season on the Saturday games. Leaves me with the impression that maybe the league does have the flexibility to switch a few of the December games to Saturday if they choose to.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-finalizes-saturday-schedule-for-2018-find-out-which-teams-have-been-flexed/

I remember that, ours was one of the games where it had the (12/22 OR 12/23 @ Titans) on our schedule. I dont see that on any teams schedule this year though. Which is weird. Certainly looks like they didn’t plan any Saturday games this time at all. 

52 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

An 0-5 start almost certainly will lead to no better than 5-11 season and likely worse.  This schedule is one more reason the Redskins under no circumstances should expend serious draft capital on a QB (do we really want to be doing the same thing the Cards are doing this year)?

52 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ya know, will see what happens...if Dallas starts out hot against the Giants and we come out flat against Philly and get are ass's handed to us than it could be the beginning of the end before it starts for the skins..lose in Philly, against Dallas, mud stomped by the(my wifes)bears, maybe beat the Giants but we'll have to see how they start out..if they start out hot we lose to them and beat the cowboys..hell the Skins will most likely lose to both the cowboys and Giants.. then of course the Super Bowl champions are in town and most likely half of Boston... I agree that 0-5 is very well possible..backing my 3-13 prediction, gruden gone by week 7...

Enter bakedtater1...our o line absolutely man handles Phillies d line, keenum and Hollywood from Oklahoma instantly become the next best thing since sliced butter and bread.. our top 10 defense tears another Jersey from wentz and the skins come out a winner continue momentum into the next week against a Dallas team that lost week 1 against the Giants and continue to beat them down.. get a little winning streak going by beating my wife's bears down,  Trent Williams and Scherff have an all pro day by shutting down Mac and the two-headed monsters go crazy... The Skins now go to the meadowlands and take care of little blue to come back home and beat down the Super Bowl champs backing my saying about if you can beat the Patriots it's going to be in the first 7 weeks..BAM 5-0 BABY keenum is already getting talked about about being MVP....call me crazy jus don't call me late for dinner..

Maybe it's because it's the 100th year and they want to get back to more of a traditional way... Wouldn't that be great to get back to just Sunday, Sunday evening, Monday night and that's it.. but anyway yeah that is strange there has been Saturday games for the last several years.. but I'm so glad no Saturday games for the skins..I'm telling you just seeing the Redskins playing 14 of the 16 games at 1pm is a sign of a good season to come.. the Skins play their best football when they are in the cellar..

I doubt Keenum does any better than he did last year in Denver. 

Archived