Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Schedule Rumors, Leaks, & Predictions

kleese

Well, I totally forgot to do a mock schedule this year, so I guess it's not too late. Again, this is NOT the real schedule, just my guesses: 

Sunday, Sept. 8th: Detroit Lions (1:00)

Sunday, Sept. 15th: at New York Giants (1:00)

Thursday, Sept. 19th: Philadelphia Eagles (8:30)

Sunday, Sept. 29th: at Buffalo Bills (1:00)

Monday, Oct. 7th: Chicago Bears (8:30) 

Sunday, Oct. 13th: at Carolina Panthers (1:00)

Sunday, Oct. 20th: Dallas Cowboys (4:25) 

Sunday, Oct. 27th: at Philadelphia Eagles (1:00) 

BYE

Sunday, Nov. 10th: at Miami Dolphins (1:00)

Sunday, Nov. 17th: New England Patriots (4:25) 

Monday, Nov. 25th: at Minnesota Vikings (8:30)

Sunday, Dec. 1st: New York Giants (1:00)

Sunday, Dec. 8th: at Green Bay Packers (1:00)

Sunday, Dec. 15th: San Francisco 49ers (1:00)

Sunday, Dec. 22nd: New York Jets (1:00)

Sunday, Dec. 29th: at Dallas Cowboys (1:00) 

4 hours ago, HouseBowlrz said:

Although this site says: "Our sources are undisclosed but very trusted. Originally @NFLLeaksOFFICIAL. Send me a team and I’ll ask for them."

https://twitter.com/NFLRelease

With that said, this site has us closing at Dallas.

Lol turns out it was some piece of **** trolling everyone for fun. The twitter account legit just tweeted: 

“well this was fun. This account isn’t actually real, i was just bored and wanted to hype some people up for the schedule release tomorrow. I had 0 followers on this account, now I’m up to 6,000😂 if y’all want you can stay i might turn this account into a football meme account. Big *** troll job i just Pulled😂” 

Woooooowwwwwww. **** offfffffffff 

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lol turns out it was some piece of **** trolling everyone for fun. The twitter account legit just tweeted: 

“well this was fun. This account isn’t actually real, i was just bored and wanted to hype some people up for the schedule release tomorrow. I had 0 followers on this account, now I’m up to 6,000😂 if y’all want you can stay i might turn this account into a football meme account. Big *** troll job i just Pulled😂” 

Woooooowwwwwww. **** offfffffffff 

In retrospect, I'm glad I copy-pasted the profile info; makes sense now if you have to put all that in there.

We'll see soon enough.

I went with us opening at home vs Detroit but I could also really see us opening at Dallas at 4:25. 

We know Pack/Bears is the Thursday opener and we know  the Pats will open SNF. I think the Browns/Jets rumor for the early MNF game also makes a lot of sense. 

So it would be VERY odd if the NFL did not feature Dallas in one of the prime week 1 spots. The 4:25 spot is the only one left. We also aren’t sure if FOX or CBS will get the DH week 1. But assuming it’s FOX, I’m like 95% sure Dallas will be there. And week 1 will draw big viewership regardless; NFL doesn’t need to put Saints or Rams or Eagles opposite Dallas there. Redskins make a lot of sense in that spot. It’s a “safe” choice and also fulfills the goal of featuring some classic match ups in the 100th Anniversary season. 

Again, as I posted when Ed created this thread, a primer ahead of the official release at 8 pm:

1) No, this is not the toughest schedule the Skins or any other team in NFL history has faced...…..the Skins constant mediocrity for the past 25 years just makes it seem that way.

2) No, the bye is neither too early or too late...….we get early, late, or "middle" byes randomly from year to year.

3) No, the league is not trying to screw the Skins by giving us x number of short weeks, night games, etc...….what can I say, there will be always be conspiracy theorists.

38 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Again, as I posted when Ed created this thread, a primer ahead of the official release at 8 pm:

1) No, this is not the toughest schedule the Skins or any other team in NFL history has faced...…..the Skins constant mediocrity for the past 25 years just makes it seem that way.

2) No, the bye is neither too early or too late...….we get early, late, or "middle" byes randomly from year to year.

3) No, the league is not trying to screw the Skins by giving us x number of short weeks, night games, etc...….what can I say, there will be always be conspiracy theorists.

To the third point ... I found this piece at the 506 site a few days ago that talked about which teams had opponents coming off longer rest more frequently than others.  It cites Buffalo as having the most ... (I vaguely recall that, in 2006, we seemed to face a few teams coming off a bye week or an extra couple days of rest)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26523224/how-mathematicians-trying-make-nfl-schedules-fairer

There are a lot of other inequities to consider as well such as how early/late in the season the bulk of the division schedule is.  I can't help but wonder that, as part of the 2012 run to the division, two things helped us: (1) a late bye week, at Week 10; and (2) of the remaining seven games on the back side of the bye, five were in the division.

so worn out on mocks, we need some new ones, lets mock mocks:

1. mock attendance % for games this season

2. mock fan frustration rates 1 (good) - 10 (bad)

3. mock fedex field overflow parking volume

4. mock injury count per game

5. mock player frustration going into tunnels

6. mock the number of times coaches go "pwwettt"

37 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Trying REALLLLL hard to stay away from schedule leaks today. But i keep ending up back in this thread. Helppppp 😂😂😂

It wasn't too long ago that the schedules were released by like 2 pm, so you wouldn't have to wait all day.

And back in the pre-Internet days, most people would first see the schedule in the Washington Post the day after it came out. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Jets @ redskins week 11, per Redskinstoday. Date/time wasn’t included in the tweet. But I’d guess it’s a 1 PM kickoff. Don’t see that being a Thursday night or Sunday night or 4:15 PM game 😂

Yeah that was via someone leaking the full Jets schedule

16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Jets @ redskins week 11, per Redskinstoday. Date/time wasn’t included in the tweet. But I’d guess it’s a 1 PM kickoff. Don’t see that being a Thursday night or Sunday night or 4:15 PM game 😂

Don't rule out a 1605/4:05pm kickoff; Jets had one last year in Tennessee.

EdNote: not long after posting this, Pats-Eagles was announced for the same week at 1625.  So, unless it's a cross-flex game, this should lock kickoff at 1300.

**** ya!!... Let's start this season off right!!! ****in slugg fest with a Philly beatdown... Carson Wentz back still giving him issues, kerrigan is going to feast all day..oooih can't wait...anybody want to go 5 bucks we start the season off 1-0??!!!?!!..

I liked our chances week one a few years ago when it was in Washington but I didn't love our chances...right now as it stands I love our chances this year week one at Philly!!!

Archived