Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Schedule Rumors, Leaks, & Predictions

kleese

2 hours ago, max21 said:

I actually like thanksgiving games, sort of surprising that we won’t play on thanksgiving this year as we had 2 of the top watched games in the last 10 years on turkey day. I hate Monday night games, please none of those. 

Symbolically, it would make so much sense for the Redskins to always play on Thanksgiving. Way more than Cowboys or Lions.

Then again, if they started that now all it would do is enflame the name controversy, but Thanksgiving celebrates the Pilgrims and the Native Americans. Not the Cowboys and the Lions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 4:49 AM, kleese said:

And it’s been forever since we opened the season AT Dallas. Am I forgetting one since we opened there on MNF in 1992? 

We've opened up with Dallas up here a couple of times since then: 1993, 1999, 2010.  But I believe you are correct as to the last time we opened the season down there.

Unfortunately, I still remember the prior time we opened down there: 1985.  We got shellacked so bad, the fans were singing Happy Birthday to Theismann in the fourth quarter.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:53 AM, Burgold said:

Symbolically, it would make so much sense for the Redskins to always play on Thanksgiving. Way more than Cowboys or Lions.

Then again, if they started that now all it would do is enflame the name controversy, but Thanksgiving celebrates the Pilgrims and the Native Americans. Not the Cowboys and the Lions.

excellent point.

Somebody tweeted what looks to be the browns regular season schedule, with them and Arizona being the thanksgiving night game....if true, that might be fun to watch 

also, word is the nfl might be giving us a pre-Christmas Saturday TRIPLEHEADER!!! 3 games the Saturday before Christmas instead of two like they’ve been doing. I could definitely get behind that. Guess we’ll find out this upcoming Thursday! 

On 4/12/2019 at 9:11 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Somebody tweeted what looks to be the browns regular season schedule, with them and Arizona being the thanksgiving night game....if true, that might be fun to watch 

also, word is the nfl might be giving us a pre-Christmas Saturday TRIPLEHEADER!!! 3 games the Saturday before Christmas instead of two like they’ve been doing. I could definitely get behind that. Guess we’ll find out this upcoming Thursday! 

A number of fan sites already have this posted ... 

Twitter 2019 NFL CLE Schedule.jpg

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Just give the Skins the schedule that gets Gruden out of here the quickest.

C'mon now..which coach would be better for the skins?..you should call them and tell them.. while you're at it tell them how they should operate this draft.

I have to think that leaked Browns schedule is bogus. And here's why.

Two years ago, the Rams website showed a video of the Rams organization being informed of the schedule by the league. It was a "live" video of the conference call where they went week-by-week. This happened the morning of the "schedule release". In that video, or in another one like it, it was explained that the league makes thirty-two such phone calls that morning. This gives the teams all day to prep their website so that they can instantly reveal at 8PM their exact schedule. Of course, leaks will happen during the afternoon when staffers get their hands on the actual schedule. So usually by 8PM, most fans have a feel for about five or six of their games.

Based on this, I cannot fathom how a schedule could be leaked a week in advance since the teams don't know for sure until that morning. Oh, sure, they make suggestions to the league, as well as requests for certain dates. But they really don't have 100% knowledge til that day.

Yes the that “schedule” got shot down as fake the other night after all. 

Seemed kinda fishy after thinking about it. 

Although if the teams don’t know until the morning of schedule release, how does ODBJ know (according to his tweet) that the browns will play the jets in the (I’m guessing the first of the two)

Monday night game week 1? How would he know, if none of the other teams know? 

Michael Phillips tweeted his redskins mock schedule today. 

1) @ panthers 

2) Vs 49ers 

3) @ Eagles 

4) @ Giants 

5) Vs Patriots (4:25 PM)

6) Vs Cowboys (TNF)

7) @ Vikings (MNF)

8. BYE

9) Vs Lions

10) Vs Eagles 

11) @ Cowboys (MNF)

12) Vs Bears 

13) @ Packers (4:25 PM)

14) @ Bills

15) Vs Jets (Saturday game)

16) @ Dolphins

17) Vs Giants 

seeing as how dallas has been getting the Thursday night game the week after thanksgiving, I doubt we play them on a Thursday night unless we’re that Thursday night game after turkey day. 

I doubt we play them on a Monday night. 

I could see skins @ Vikings being a MNF game though. Maybe SNF? Storyline would be epic. 

On 4/14/2019 at 11:10 AM, bakedtater1 said:

C'mon now..which coach would be better for the skins?..you should call them and tell them.. while you're at it tell them how they should operate this draft.

We all know Snyder is probably going big name again, when Gruden is gone.

Gruden is dead man walking. Only a playoff birth will save him and that's seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We all know Snyder is probably going big name again, when Gruden is gone.

Gruden is dead man walking. Only a playoff birth will save him and that's seems unlikely.

I hear on Twitter the cowboys are looking for a few good cowgirls as fans?..idk might be worth checking out for ya ..

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I hear on Twitter the cowboys are looking for a few good cowgirls as fans?..idk might be worth checking out for ya ..

oh come on. stop that. you act like just because people say bad things about jay gruden or the redskins, that they should just cheer for another team. not the case. you really need to accept that fans are going to get upset about the team. not every comment on here is going to be good. doesn't mean they should become a cowboys fan. 

26 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

oh come on. stop that. you act like just because people say bad things about jay gruden or the redskins, that they should just cheer for another team. not the case. you really need to accept that fans are going to get upset about the team. not every comment on here is going to be good. doesn't mean they should become a cowboys fan. 

Lol you know I don't follow Twitter... Hell let's give this season a chance for God's sakes.. just way too premature to be so negative Nancy.. And not everybody thinks or knows that Jay is a Dead Man walking.... yeah I understand not everybody has to like him.. I appreciate you calling me out.. seriously I do, I'm not being a smart-ass.. I will try to wipe my sleeve clean of my emotions..

Ya and all die hard Tru blue fans will stand tall and firm about get on or get out... Don't go calling the head coach a Dead Man walking.. not even the draft and we're washing away this season?!?.. pick up another hobby,find a different favorite sport, or just root for a different team..

So....people aren’t allowed to have an opinion of the head coach? Good lord. You need to quit telling people to cheer for another team just because they say something bad about the head coach. that makes it sound like “oh yeah? You have an opinion about the team that’s different from mine? Go find another team to watch!!”. You know how childish that sounds, right? 

Just trying to help you out here. 

On an unrelated note, the schedule gets released tomorrow night at 8 

41 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So....people aren’t allowed to have an opinion of the head coach? Good lord. You need to quit telling people to cheer for another team just because they say something bad about the head coach. that makes it sound like “oh yeah? You have an opinion about the team that’s different from mine? Go find another team to watch!!”. You know how childish that sounds, right? 

Just trying to help you out here. 

On an unrelated note, the schedule gets released tomorrow night at 8 

Yep pretty childish of me I'd say...i do so good for so long than ..idk what happens to me sorry man..

Archived