Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Schedule Rumors, Leaks, & Predictions

kleese

47 minutes ago, nonniey said:

An 0-5 start almost certainly will lead to no better than 5-11 season and likely worse.  This schedule is one more reason the Redskins under no circumstances should expend serious draft capital on a QB (do we really want to be doing the same thing the Cards are doing this year)?

I agree on not taking a QB.  The only reason Arizona is probably drafting Murray is because of their head coach.  If Arizona didn't have the coach they do now, odds are they draft someone else at #1.

They still could shock everyone and not draft Murray.

Ok guys, back me up here. So profootballtalk tweeted tonight that the bills not scheduled for any prime time games in 2019. Someone responded “thanksgiving is as prime time as it gets” and this one guy replied “it’s not”. Me and the one guy were arguing that all thanksgiving games are considered prime time, since they’re the only games on in their time slot. Who’s right here?

10 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I doubt Keenum does any better than he did last year in Denver. 

This is very highly likely the case..haha get it haha

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I would certainly hope so, since they normally play the sport of baseball.

Ya I did that wrong.. thanks

Any games played on Thanksgiving is prime time.. morning, noon and night game..

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ok guys, back me up here. So profootballtalk tweeted tonight that the bills not scheduled for any prime time games in 2019. Someone responded “thanksgiving is as prime time as it gets” and this one guy replied “it’s not”. Me and the one guy were arguing that all thanksgiving games are considered prime time, since they’re the only games on in their time slot. Who’s right here?

I get your point, but yeah I would consider a Thanksgiving Game “Primetime”. Everyone is off and watching and there is no other game going on at the same time.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, two of the three games are repeats from last year (Chicago-Detroit and New Orleans-Atlanta, with the night game just switching venues from last year). Dallas plays Buffalo this season (yawn), but played the Skins two out of the past three seasons. I know Dallas and Detroit are locked in on Turkey Day, but would it be too much to ask for some more variety as far as the other participants on that day?

50 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I agree on not taking a QB.  The only reason Arizona is probably drafting Murray is because of their head coach.  If Arizona didn't have the coach they do now, odds are they draft someone else at #1.

They still could shock everyone and not draft Murray.

My point being if we have a top 10 pick next year (likely) it seems likely that we will have a new coach.  It would be preferable to let him have a say in his new QB.

56 minutes ago, redrobert said:

I get your point, but yeah I would consider a Thanksgiving Game “Primetime”. Everyone is off and watching and there is no other game going on at the same time.

Thank you! Apparently the guy I’m arguing with on twitter doesn’t see it that way. He even said “by that logic, the 9 AM London games are prime time since there are no other games on” and he sent me the definition of prime time (peak hours between 8-11 PM when most people are home from work”. 

And then when i said most people are home from work during the 9:30 AM London games and thanksgiving games, he said “oh, so by that logic, we should just move the super bowl to 1 PM instead”. **** him. 

31 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Thank you! Apparently the guy I’m arguing with on twitter doesn’t see it that way. He even said “by that logic, the 9 AM London games are prime time since there are no other games on” and he sent me the definition of prime time (peak hours between 8-11 PM when most people are home from work”. 

And then when i said most people are home from work during the 9:30 AM London games and thanksgiving games, he said “oh, so by that logic, we should just move the super bowl to 1 PM instead”. **** him. 

Primetime games (imo): games where there is a national audience--everyone in the country will be able to see the game, there are no other games playing--there is no competition, and it is played at a time where the overwhelming majority of people will not be working.

You should have told the guy if they did move the Super Bowl to 1 PM it would still be a prime time game lol...

So, guess i didnt notice the TBD next to 5 of the games that are currently listed on nfl.com’s week 16 schedule for Sunday 12/22. 

Of those 5 TBD’s, 3 of them will be chosen to be played on Saturday the 21st (the pre-Christmas Saturday triple header the league was considering). The 5 matchups to choose from are: 

Lions @ Broncos 

Raiders @ Chargers 

Bills @ Patriots 

Rams @ 49ers 

Texans @ Buccaneers 

The 3 matchups for Saturday the 21st will be selected no later than following week 8, so basically when they announced what day our game Vs the titans would be on. 

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Talk about front loaded as hell.  We gonna know fast, that's for sure.

Thinking the same thing. Only positive is that Offenses chemistry develop more slowly than the defense. Our D is going to be destructive...good to catch these teams early in that scenario. PLUS us having a GOOD/Great running game with AD and G.

Like you said..we will know early but I don't think we'll be a walk over team for them.

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I doubt Keenum does any better than he did last year in Denver. 

Did you watch the Broncos games?  

When I watched them I saw Case play well outside the pocket and in play action.  Denver had a bad OL and he knew it.  Their rushing attack was poor and Case got trucked, knocked down, blitzed, and generally harassed most the time.  He became nervous in the pocket and threw high to open receivers.  This all changed when he had play action to his right. Wasn't accurate flushed to the left.  I'd argue that TW would provide a huge upgrade to his biggest issue from 2018 with that poor Denver OL.  Don't discount Case as he can and has dropped dimes long, at a nice rate.  My biggest concern is Gruden's predictable play calling.  He's just terrible and there's a possibility the new OC helps solve some issues here.  

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

all thanksgiving games are considered prime time

Definitely.  What else do you do after a massive carb load and the day off?.

Here's another crazy one: in their last season in Oakland, the Raiders play at home against the Chiefs on 9/15. The next six weeks, they will either be on the road (4 games), a "home" game against the Bears in London, and a bye week. They don't physically play in Oakland again until 11/3. That's either easing the Raiders fans into the pending reality, or kicking them in the nuts, depending on your POV. 

9 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Came in here to see the schedule, walked into an argument between @Cooleyfan1993and @bakedtater1.

That's gotta be some kinda terrible omen.  I'm going with 4-12. 🤣

No everything's all good man..I've never even met cooleyfan.. dude could be my best friend as far as I know..I was being a dip **** and as usual he was in the right putting me in my place..I apologize I possibly ruined your site visiting experience.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Here's another crazy one: in their last season in Oakland, the Raiders play at home against the Chiefs on 9/15. The next six weeks, they will either be on the road (4 games), a "home" game against the Bears in London, and a bye week. They don't physically play in Oakland again until 11/3. That's either easing the Raiders fans into the pending reality, or kicking them in the nuts, depending on your POV. 

Cool deal man thanks for pointing this out... I think it's getting the raider fans used to not having them there..

22 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

They don't physically play in Oakland again until 11/3

Don't they share that stadium with their baseball team?  My guess is they want to avoid any conflicts with the A's regular season and paloffs.

24 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:
Don't they share that stadium with their baseball team? 

Fair point, but looked at the Raiders schedules the past 10 years or so and nothing nearly as extreme as this year as far as the Raiders being gone from basically gone from home from mid-Sep to early Nov.

12 hours ago, nonniey said:

An 0-5 start almost certainly will lead to no better than 5-11 season and likely worse.  This schedule is one more reason the Redskins under no circumstances should expend serious draft capital on a QB (do we really want to be doing the same thing the Cards are doing this year)?

I totally agree with your statement regarding not spending draft capital on a QB in this draft. There isn't any QB in this draft, save for maybe Murray and Haskins (and I would certainly not advocate trading up for either of them), that realistically would make a significant impact on this team this year.

So I say, use this draft to build the team around the QB, fill holes on defense and then roll with Colt/Keenum and take your lumps this season because it's likely to happen even if the Redskins spend the #15 on a QB anyway. Gruden gets fired and the new HC gets to pick his QB of the future from next year's stronger draft class with what will most likely be a top 10 pick, maybe even top 5.

Archived