Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

20 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I hae no clue WTF that play is even about other than it's mad expensive to see.

It's about America.  What are you, a commie?

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

**** that.  It's always a **** show getting into the Park anyway.  This will be a disaster.  However, I WILL be hoarse from booing that ****er.

Maybe he'll catch a foul ball.  To the head.

15 minutes ago, dyst said:

Seriously, they fire a guy making a comment but not the guy who did the abuse...weird.

If only Taubman could throw a heater....

I thank God that we are blessed to have such a great group of guys on the Nats we can unequivocally root for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

they gotta put Mrs. Doolittle on staff

give her the keys to the social media accounts or pretty much whatever she wants

I missed something?

—————

This is the best thing ever.

National Cathedral getting God on our side...

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Yeah man the prices are ridiculous now.

Last week my max price was $300 but I probably would have gone up a little more.

Then the past few days it's upped to $500.

No chance I'm going for the $1100+ prices though.   I just can't justify that.  And my wife would want to go "just to go" and she couldn't even name 1 person on the Nats.  And i'm more of a homer than a baseball fan too, so $1100 is just something I can't do.

I was also keeping an eye on the Astros tickets to see what the market would do closer to game.  Well the tickets were like $400 in the afternoon.  Then around 6pm they were $500.  Then at like 7-7:30 they were $550 - $600.

So that market went COMPLETELY the opposite of what I was thinking it would do.  Obviously not the same as around here, but if it's an indication prices could be HIGHER closer to game time.

**** Cole.  He ain't ****.  

I talked to a guy on the metro who is a season ticket holder, on the way home from Game 4 in the NLCS.

He said he had already purchased his 3 WS game tickets.

He paid $170 a piece.

So they were selling for way less than $250-$600 for some people.

That was his strip price. Meaning what he paid when he bought a entire strip.  Which, btw, he only gets credits, not cash back, for games not played (so he paid for game 4 as well, he will get a credit for that game that can be used on next year's tickets only. So yeah, again, he paid a lot for the year.  

And $170 WS strip price is 400 uper rows.

Been a full STH since 2011.

Edited by TMK9973
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, dyst said:

I’ve heard people say they bought several tickets at $$$ so they can turn around and sell a few of those tickets at $$$$ to recoup the money. I get the business side of it but it also kinda sucks for those who actually want to go. For me, watching on TV is awesome.

That really sucks.  Some of us would love to cheer our heads off there.  Passion > Money

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Damn I just got the go ahead from the wife to go downtown solo tomorrow and she will just watch our son.  May just go to Bullpen or something and see what the ticket price is like while down there.

1*ntV90C5eUGtAz8DahpT9Ng.jpeg

J/K.  Cheers to you and your very kind wife.  Here's to hoping you score a nice priced seat tomorrow 🍻

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, dyst said:

I’ve heard people say they bought several tickets at $$$ so they can turn around and sell a few of those tickets at $$$$ to recoup the money. I get the business side of it but it also kinda sucks for those who actually want to go. For me, watching on TV is awesome.

I don't look at it that way.  Tickets are an investment.  if the nats were down 0-2, i was starting at a loss of almost 1k.  

did you guys hear that the nats ticketing website was hacked.  not sure who's ticket are real and fake. 

13 minutes ago, bearrock said:

1*ntV90C5eUGtAz8DahpT9Ng.jpeg

J/K.  Cheers to you and your very kind wife.  Here's to hoping you score a nice priced seat tomorrow 🍻

Yeah she's going out Saturday night for her friends birthday while I watch my son (and have a Nats party she doesn't know about yet) so she's fine with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I don't look at it that way.  Tickets are an investment.  if the nats were down 0-2, i was starting at a loss of almost 1k.  

did you guys hear that the nats ticketing website was hacked.  not sure who's ticket are real and fake. 

They caught it right away and restored it back into the system.  I don't think any made it into the wild.

12 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Do whatever you must to counteract the juju out there that this series is already over

Follow all routines to the damned letter. Do not fall asleep, the mission is not over. All hands on deck people, do your part

OMQshnK.gif

3eboqp.jpg

That seals it.  Not getting my haircut today.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Do whatever you must to counteract the juju out there that this series is already over

Follow all routines to the damned letter. Do not fall asleep, the mission is not over. All hands on deck people, do your part

Fangraphs has the Nats with a 75% chance to take the series. That means a 25% chance we blow it.

Here’s the thing though... I don’t feel great about Corbin in game 4, even though that’s a bullpen game for Houston. If we drop tonight, Houston could easily tie this thing up at 2 real quick. 

44 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

In that case, I will stock up on bourbon.

• Thanks 2

Tonight's matchup does scare me. Grienke owns us and Sanchez(start against the Cards aside)is really more of a 5 innings and done kinda guy which means we'll need to rely on the pen.

I'm hoping the magic of being at home and the whole first WS game in DC since 1933 can lift us to a win. Then up 3-0 and either Cole on short rest or bullpen game tomorrow the Astros just surrender like the Cards did.

Series is far from over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Tonight's matchup does scare me. Grienke owns us and Sanchez(start against the Cards aside)is really more of a 5 innings and done kinda guy which means we'll need to rely on the pen.

I'm hoping the magic of being at home and the whole first WS game in DC since 1933 can lift us to a win. Then up 3-0 and either Cole on short rest or bullpen game tomorrow the Astros just surrender like the Cards did.

Series is far from over.

I said that Sanchez is a 5 inning guy but was quickly reminded that he threw a no-hitter through 7 last time out.  Let's not be rational here.