Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Sanchez and a 50 degree night in DC will sap the juice right out of them barreling up one of his butterfly pitches....thankfully we let our BP get some rest last night, I was dreading what was going to happen when we pulled Stras

EDIT: also - can't underestimate the power of forcing their pitchers to hit now that we go NL rules the next 3 games :ols:

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mammajamma said:

didnt sleep much last night or this week.. too excited and too much alcohol.. but about to jump on a 7 hour flight to DC for game 3 tomorrow. I feel like i could fall asleep standing up, but this will totally be worth it. cant wait for tomorrow

7 hours?  You coming from Munich?

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

7 hours?  You coming from Munich?

haha. well 5 hours really, but my last minute flight options from california werent great. so got some layovers

the good news is that I get to spend an hour in Atlanta with my Nats gear on

Edited by mammajamma
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

“Ok guys, so here’s the plan: when they throw the ball, try to hit it.  Preferably where the are not standing.  And you guys who play defense, don’t drop the ball of somebody hits it to you. And you guys who throw the ball, try not to let them hit it.  Ok? Got it?  Good.”

I mean, what can you say?  Try harder?  Effort hasn’t been the issue.  Be more focused?  I mean, ok?  

They’re executing their game plan.  They’re working counts and they’ve gotten Stras and Scherz out and gotten into the bullpen in the 6th or 7th inning.  They lost game 1 by 1 run, then were tied going into the 7th in the second. 

This has the potential to backfire, because if they all try harder, they’re going to cork-screw themselves into the dirt when Sanchez throws them a 50mph junk ball.  

Or, if they come back to even the series somehow, this will be hailed as the meeting which changed everything.

That might be what they'd discuss at the players meeting.  They don't want their guys getting too tense or second guessing themselves if they're playing the right way.  The discussion might center around the pitching / defense needs to be better.

I think home field favors the Nats for several reasons.  First, it's not just that the Astro's pitcher's have to hit and the Nat's pitchers are more used to that, but also that the Astros have to figure out what to do with Yordan Alvarez.  He's one of their better hitters, but he's a rookie who has only started 9 total games in the outfield.  66 innings!  Total!  All in left field, where Brantley plays.  Are you going to stick him in right for Reddick?  Sit him?  Shuffle Brantley to right and put Alravez in left?  

Second, is Hinch going to make good decisions when they are somewhat new to him?  Dave Roberts ****ed it up and he's an NL manager.

Third, obviously the dimensions in the outfield are very different.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think home field favors the Nats for several reasons.  First, it's not just that the Astro's pitcher's have to hit and the Nat's pitchers are more used to that, but also that the Astros have to figure out what to do with Yordan Alvarez.  He's one of their better hitters, but he's a rookie who has only started 9 total games in the outfield.  66 innings!  Total!  All in left field, where Brantley plays.  Are you going to stick him in right for Reddick?  Sit him?  Shuffle Brantley to right and put Alravez in left?  

Second, is Hinch going to make good decisions when they are somewhat new to him?  Dave Roberts ****ed it up and he's an NL manager.

Third, obviously the dimensions in the outfield are very different.  

By far the biggest factor is the second part you alluded to, Hinch trying to figure out how to manage his bullpen and last inning substitutions without having to do it much before. "What the **** is a double switch?" :ols:  

9 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Is there any way to tell if people are actually buying these Stubhub tickets at these absurd prices? I'm trying to go to game 4 and willing to pay a pretty penny but the current prices are bat**** insane. 

It’s annoying if so.  Because prices have been dropping slowly and then some vanish and boom back up.  If everyone waited it out we all win.  I desperately want to go to game 3 but for various reasons I can’t destroy my piggy bank either. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

4 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Is there any way to tell if people are actually buying these Stubhub tickets at these absurd prices? I'm trying to go to game 4 and willing to pay a pretty penny but the current prices are bat**** insane. 

Yea, me too.  I can justify a lot.  I cannot justify $1200 for SRO (when sober).  

I am going to head down to the Yards on Saturday and drink and revel in the scene, and I may try to see if any scalpers are selling at a discount after first pitch.  

16 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

By far the biggest factor is the second part you alluded to, Hinch trying to figure out how to manage his bullpen and last inning substitutions without having to do it much before. "What the **** is a double switch?" :ols:  

Yea.  I think the biggest factor is the lineup, but that is also a decision Hinch has to make.  

I think Hinch is an awesome manager, but everyone sucks at everything when they are new at it.  

14 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

so i have seats for 1200 each tmrw.  my friend wants to buy them from me but i listed them for 1800 each online to make profit and go to the game and buy it onsite 

Or just give them to me, and feel REALLY good about yourself

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

so i have seats for 1200 each tmrw.  my friend wants to buy them from me but i listed them for 1800 each online to make profit and go to the game and buy it onsite 

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Or just give them to me, and feel REALLY good about yourself

No way @Riggo#44@skinfan2k and I are besties!  He just doesn't know it yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1