Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, NickyJ said:

I watched it. During the video: "This isn't catchy and haunting, what are they on about?" 20 minutes later: "Oh."

Exactly.  It will come for you in your quiet moments.  You’ll catch yourself humming it in moments of concentration.  

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Push date night up to tomorrow.

In my defense, we have two kids, nine and seven.  Their after school care is offering parents night out on Friday.  This has been long planned, back when I never expected we'd be in this position.  Date nights are pretty rare...somehow I don't think I'm going to be able to convince her that a sports bar is romantic :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Nats have won 8 straight games....incredible

It's a mix of amazing/hard-nosed starting pitching, hitting with RISP, and reliable bullpen appearances. 

So...basically we've been fantastic in every way. That's all! 

• Like 1

the difference this postseason is we're finally scoring timely runs, from surprise hitters. anyone and everyone coming up clutch when we need it most. happened again tonight and then they just poured on. this team is special man. and i love that they were able to give some extra TV time to the dugout celebrations. made them even more likeable

now go home for 3 games, with 2 great pitchers starting for us... against grenke (who has struggled big time) and their bullpen (or cole on short rest if we go up 3-0). gotta like those chances, but gotta keep the foot on the pedal

can not freaking wait to be at the game on friday

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 1

Just now, CRobi21 said:

Davey on MLB Network saying he would tell the team he wasn't gonna get fired. Just to reassure them they're in this together.

But joked that he would go home at night and look himself in the mirror and ask if he really would stick around.

Davey a real one man, that sincerity comes through and its overpowered some of his more maddening in-game strategic decisions. he has them dudes believing everything they're saying and they will run through a wall for him

what he has done is to be admired

3 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

the difference this postseason is we're finally scoring timely runs, from surprise hitters. anyone and everyone coming up clutch when we need it most. happened again tonight and then they just poured on. this team is special man. and i love that they were able to give some extra TV time to the dugout celebrations. made them even more likeable

now go home for 3 games, with 2 great pitchers, against grenke (who has struggled big time) and their bullpen (or cole on short rest if we go up 3-0). gotta like those chances, but gotta keep the foot on the pedal

can not freaking wait to be at the game on friday

the 2-0ut runs have to be a kick in the nuts for the Astros, especially with the quality of their pitching

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

glad to see MAT get his moment. he never turned out to be the player we hoped, but he's family. we raised him and he got a lifetime memory tonight

My pops favorite Nat.  I don’t think anybody else on earth believes in Taylor like he does.  Man, he has been MONEY in his postseason career.  Crazy.

Edited by -JB-

11 minutes ago, dyst said:

Who’s ready for the Skins tomorrow? Anyone? Hello? Is this mic on?

Me. 

(Crickets)

yeah, we’re 1-6, but football is my main sport. Diehard fan. Only get 16 of those a year (if you’re a redskins fan). If you’re a fan of any other team, you might get more😂😂 

• Like 1

And now the Astros are in very big trouble. Teams that win the first two games of the World Series on the road are 23-3 for the series (including 15 sweeps). The last team to lose the first two at home and win the Series: the 1996 Yankees against, the Braves.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27911807/how-nationals-left-astros-reeling-take-control-world-series

Like I said after two games in St. Louis, the only thing better than starting a series 2-0 is starting a series 2-0 on the road.