Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I'm stunned. I am speechless...

We are 2 wins away. Just 2.

Aint over yet, but...so close.

Feels almost too good to be true.  I dont want to jinx it, but winning two on the road puts the odds in their favor and home field advantage.  They have to **** this up to lose it, that's how insanely good they are playing.  This is jus like the Capitols slaying demons and completely rolling down hill to win it all.  I dont even know what down to earth would be, this is their potential maxed out.

MAT jus hit a homerun. Buck is right, I'm mad the Astros get a break from us, if they played twice tomorrow the Nationals would win three times.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

hahaha. Reminds me I should update my post from yesterday.

Scoring in October:

Nats: 61

Caps: 41

Redskins: 24  <---- 😂

Nats: 62

At this point, I feel like the Nats are doing the baseball equivalent of going for two just to rub it in .

1 minute ago, Forehead said:

You know, I don't want to look on the bad side of things, but I'm one of those old school types who believes in the baseball Gods, not tempting fate, etc.  ****ing save some of this for the next game.

What does that even mean? Its not like you can pick and choose. If theyre serving you meatballs you hammer em. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

What does that even mean? Its not like you can pick and choose. If theyre serving you meatballs you hammer em. 

Put it this way, I was a power hitter in high school (to some degree) and went through a stretch where no matter what kind of contact I made, I was hitting grounders everywhere.  I was convinced my bat was "dead" which is a total baseball thing if you've ever played.  It was a metal bat for Christ sakes.  I admit those of us who are lifers are weird.