Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Philthy at Redskins

TK

1 minute ago, carex said:

well, I'm not sure what was really wrong with them besides the injuries.

I don't fault you for that. Like I said, it's easy to reach for, so you miss things like penalties, technique, individual playcalls, overall team management  (and how that in particular can play a direct role in these injuries). 

40 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm not sure I said they weren't injured, or that the excuse wasn't legitimate, or whatever it is you think I said...

Ultimately it does not matter, not from the totality of everything that was wrong with the 2018 Washington Redskins. But like I said, that excuse is there, and can be used, and it will be a valid one, and people will say "Yep! There it is! Thats it, thats the reason!"

So I will keep that in mind when Jay Grudens 2019 Washington Redskins are again catastrophically injured, and many people are basically saying "Well gee golly, they try really hard and it's all so unfortunate and freakish, and unprecedented,  and can't you just give them a break? Geez!"

Maybe 2020 follows the same predictable pattern/excuse. 2021 perhaps? I. sure it won't matter. So long as people keep getting injured,  we should understand that they just cant compete, and give them an attaboy for even suiting up.

I read your post as the reason the defense was bad was because the offense couldnt stay on the field, if thats not what you were implying I apologize.

The offense had nothing to do with the defense allowing them to drive the field the first time they took the field only to be saved by an errant throw, or a 11 play 10 minute drive on the fourth series of the game.

And unlike most I guess I am not overly impressed with our last 2 draft picks....tell me where they made a difference?

I wasn't high on Gruden, and began paying more attention to other posters who were willing to give him a chance.

But when you're shut out, and HELD UNDER 100 TOTAL YDS OF OFFENSE,  especially when he had pretty much the same crew 2 weeks ago that moved t ball against the Jags, well that told me Gruden just wanted to get the game over with and didn't make much of an effort into playing for pride.

It takes a special kinda 'suck' to be held under 100 total yds, and now we join the other hapless teams in a record that no one wants to be a part of.

But....no, nevermind, I'd prefer total house cleaning. Bruce, Jay, Greg, etc.  There's no one in next year's draft who will make a bit of difference, so next year will be a repeat, in a way, of this season, with fewer wins.

17 minutes ago, carex said:

there's only so much that can be done with that though, cutting people does cost money too and their aren't always replacements readily available.   I think Richardson was probably the only new vet with an injury history brought in the offseason.  Lauvao was brought back but the guys he was supposed to compete with got hurt and they didn't really have history

You really think this diabolical plan was limited to this offseason or just those two players?  I mean, I'm about to start driving, but surely by time I see your response you can come with someone besides Guice who we got in round we did because of his knee injury then injured the same knee.

well, I'm not sure what was really wrong with them besides the injuries.

Boyhowdy.

7 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

I read your post as the reason the defense was bad was because the offense couldnt stay on the field, if thats not what you were implying I apologize.

The offense had nothing to do with the defense allowing them to drive the field the first time they took the field only to be saved by an errant throw, or a 11 play 10 minute drive on the fourth series of the game.

Yeah, pretty sure our wires got crossed.

• TK unpinned this topic
12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't fault you for that. Like I said, it's easy to reach for, so you miss things like penalties, technique, individual playcalls, overall team management  (and how that in particular can play a direct role in these injuries). 

the playcalls work to some degree when we're executing them with healthy players.  Penalties happen when you have lower quality or less experienced players on the field, technique is off because you have less practice time and these players are worse

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You really think this diabolical plan was limited to this offseason or just those two players?  I mean, I'm about to start driving, but surely by time I see your response you can come with someone besides Guice who we got in round we did because of his knee injury then injured the same knee.

Boyhowdy.

I'm saying that they were working less with that strategy which was supposedly a Scot thing to try to maximize value, also Guice's drop was generally considered to be based on negative rumors about him around draft time

The first game I’ve chosen not to watch in I can’t even remember.  I took my son to a basketball clinic that was scheduled 3:30-6.  I DVR’d it just in case though.  The clinic ended a little late, I turned the game on the radio, and I must say it was by far the saddest radio broadcast I can ever recall.  Cooley and the gang could have been calling a high school game if nobody knew any better.  It wasn’t their fault of course, how much energy can you put into a team challenging the record for least TOP ever?  Their description of the scene at FedEx was even sadder.  This really is the lowest of the lows.  Imagine how our players felt taking the field to boos.  I really don’t believe anything short of a total overhaul and public acknowledgment of failure moves the needle for the fanbase. 

24 minutes ago, carex said:

I'm saying that they were working less with that strategy which was supposedly a Scot thing to try to maximize value, also Guice's drop was generally considered to be based on negative rumors about him around draft time

I don't remember Seattle or SF having same injury history as us.  And Guicehad numerous scouting reports saying he would've been first rounder if looking at his year prior to getting hurt, that's where his first round grade really came from in first place.

2 hours ago, VeroViper said:

While I agree to an extent I don't think they were bad enough to take us down on their own. Take today for instance. They held their own and kept us in the game for quite a while. But when your offense can't stay on the field for more than a few plays no defense is going to remain effective. Don't get me wrong, we've got issues and I want Bruce gone as much as anyone. But I believe if Alex had stayed healthy we'd have squeaked into the playoffs.

Personally, I think the only game that changes is the Tennessee game.  Skins may win that one.  But  Dallas, Philly twice, Giants, Houston still are losses.  

I believe the only team Washington beat this season that finished with a winning record was Dallas.  I just think they were paper tigers - even at 6-3.

Man watching sports center right now it is ****ing hilarious how on Fole's 26th completion attempt he missed it just because he threw a bad pass to a wide Agholor, and then the next play they LITERALLY did the same ****ing thing and once again he was WIDE ****ING OPEN.  it's basically a microcosm of the whole season with this defense.  We all saw it with screens that were ran like 50 times a game and they never once could adjust to it.  

This team is complete and utter ****.  

And I will be there next season week 1 thinking we can go 16-0 no matter who's at the helm :(.

(But I won't spend a dollar on the Redskins stuff)

16 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I saw Gruden presser.  Have the others not started yet?  

did he tell us he hadnt seen the tape yet?

15 hours ago, Frontofficemoron said:

I didn’t see it but I bet he said we weren’t ready, we are all injured, I just wanna see guys compete, we will regroup and see what we have next week(oops), I thought we looked good at points, there were some mistakes we could have fixed, I like what I saw out of Johnson, we did what we could with the little time we had to work this week! Is that enough?

dont forget the inevitable "we will have to ck the tape" or something to that effect

• 4 months later...

Archived