• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      The Redskins have opened their 2019 season with two losses. Both against Divisional foes. Now they get to close out Week 3 at home on Monday Night against the visiting 1-1 Chicago Bears. The Bears don't have much of an offense but seem to have what may be an elite defense.

On the flip side, the Redskins have a developing passing attack and a disastrous defense. The Redskins haven't had a Defense this vanilla since Mike Nolan received his ice cream. Oh, and the Redskins already have more guys on IR then any other team this season. 

Will the Redskins finally put one in the win column? 

As usual, poll closes at kickoff. Go vote!
TK

Game Day Thread - Philthy at Redskins

@CraigHoffman

This is too stupid to make up:

Upon parking and starting my walk towards the stadium I saw nothing but Eagles fans. As I turned towards the main lots, I saw a Giants jersey before any Redskins gear.

13 minutes ago, TK said:

@CraigHoffman

This is too stupid to make up:

Upon parking and starting my walk towards the stadium I saw nothing but Eagles fans. As I turned towards the main lots, I saw a Giants jersey before any Redskins gear.

It’s all Lafamina’s fault.

• Like 3

Dan and Bruce wanted to play these games... this is what happens.  This is going to be an outright embarrassment regarding the optics and the sound on TV... on national television too being the 4:25 game on Fox.   Whats the over / under on how many times the play by play guys comment about saturation of Eagles fans in an away field.... thus giving them love about how 'well they travel'

• Like 1

If the stadium is loaded with Eagles fans, it will be a slap to Snyder's face; too bad he still has the NFL pool fund to bail him outta some of the dollar stuff, but it needs to be constantly thrown in his face. The madder he gets the better chances Allen is gone.

• Like 1

On a ratio basis, I won't be surprised if this is worse than the MNF Steeler debacle.

There will be far fewer attendees for certain, but the split between Eagle and Skins fans might be extraordinary.

So, who wants to set an over/under on 1st down runs for <=2 yards?  I say the 'Skins run 18 times on first down and of those 18 runs, 16 net yards or less.

I also think they will pass on only 2 first downs the entire game.

The one thing which night change this is if they are getting blown out early, Gruden might be inclined to pass more on first down. Probably not, given the circumstances.  But possibly.

• Haha 2

ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVES

LANDOVER, Md. – The Washington Redskins have announced the following inactives and lineup changes for today’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles:

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:

o   No. 46 LB Marquis Flowers

o   No. 52 LB Ryan Anderson

o   No. 67 G Zac Kerin

o   No. 79 T Ty Nsekhe

o   No. 82 TE J.P. Holtz

o   No. 85 TE Vernon Davis

o   No. 98 DL Matt Ioannidis

No. 87 Jeremy Sprinkle is expected to start in place of No. 85 Vernon Davis at tight end.

No. 92 Stacy McGee is expected to start in place of No. 98 Matt Ioannidis at defensive end.

On your flip card for the Redskins, please omit No. 13 WR Maurice Harris and add No. 82 TE J.P. Holtz

On Friday, the Redskins placed Harris on their Reserve/Injured list, and on Saturday, the Redskins promoted Holtz from its practice squad.

NO.     PLAYER                   POS    HT      WT     AGE   EXP.   COLLEGE

82        J.P. Holtz                    TE       6-3       240      25        1          Pittsburgh

The Eagles declared the following players as inactive:

o   No. 11 QB Carson Wentz

o   No. 14 WR Mike Wallace

o   No. 18 WR Shelton Gibson

o   No. 22 CB Sidney Jones

o   No. 57 LB D.J. Alexander

o   No. 73 G Isaac Seumalo

o   No. 98 DT Bruce Hector

No. 9 Nick Foles is expected to start in place of No. 11 Carson Wentz at quarterback.

No. 61 Stefen Wisniewski is expected to start in place of No. 73 Isaac Seumalo at guard.

Is Ioannidis hurt?

14 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

If the stadium is loaded with Eagles fans, it will be a slap to Snyder's face; too bad he still has the NFL pool fund to bail him outta some of the dollar stuff, but it needs to be constantly thrown in his face. The madder he gets the better chances Allen is gone.

He will blame Lafamina for restricting tickets to the secondary market.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Is Ioannidis hurt?

I believe he's been dealing with a hamstring issue the last few weeks

Just now, TK said:

I believe he's been dealing with a hamstring issue the last few weeks

Right right.  Though didn't he play last week?  I guess there's no reason to push it since the season is over and it's an away game...

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Right right.  Though didn't he play last week?  I guess there's no reason to push it since the season is over and it's an away game...

I thought Redskins were at home...... Oh, I see what you did there.  LOL

True story, I had a dream last night that we will threw a pick six out of our endzone and the Eagles will fumble a FG, recover it and score 2. I'm not saying this to be negative, I'm saying this for if it happens, I can start my psychic business.

God I love this.  Hopefully Snyder is humiliated by attendance at the stadium -although if you don’t have a soul I’m not sure if you have the capability of feeling humiliation....

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

True story, I had a dream last night that we will threw a pick six out of our endzone and the Eagles will fumble a FG, recover it and score 2. I'm not saying this to be negative, I'm saying this for if it happens, I can start my psychic business.

If it happens I need to talk to you before the next big lottery....

Edited by Csup

There are redskins fans on the train, but only ones with little kids are Eagles fans.  Most skins fans I've seen so far are like me, by myself.

Edited by Renegade7

Back in the days of the bouncing stands at RFK, who'd have thought that a Redskins stadium full of Eagles fans could ever be a thing?

2 hours ago, TK said:

Well clearly someone heard about #FireBruceAllen this week & decided passively aggressively throw both middle fingers up at the fanbase.

Sunday best. 👌

#PHIvsWAS | #HTTR⁠ ⁠

Yes, the Prince of Darkness is letting everyone know who is still in charge.  He has given orders that we lose this game to keep Kirk out of the playoffs and has maximized the suck by bringing back the yellow pants. 

Eat a wet fart Bruce. Then burp it up a little and eat it again.

Just now, profusion said:

Back in the days of the bouncing stands at RFK, who'd have thought that a Redskins stadium full of Eagles fans could ever be a thing?

It’s been a long painful fall.   From a proud strong franchise to this.  The Resskins are among the most disappointing and difunctional consistently every year now.  It’s what we expect.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The one thing which night change this is if they are getting blown out early, Gruden might be inclined to pass more on first down. Probably not, given the circumstances.  But possibly.

If they are getting blown out early maybe they switch to the Minnesota Chicago game

• Haha 1

I'm sitting in the press box surrounded by real live professionals that get paid to cover football, listening to the wisest among them explain to the rest that one knee equals two feet (in relation to the Dallas game).  There was a great deal of disbelief and argument.  Amazing.

• Like 4