Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Philthy at Redskins

TK

40 minutes ago, carex said:

and that is the problem, we've got a mediocre team and people are acting like  we're the worst team in the league

Agreed. If the Alex Smith injury never happens(and that one was a freak injury) we are likely playing more football next week.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Clearly you don’t have to convince me...

24 on IR...4th string guards, 4th string QB, 3rd and 4th string TEs, 4th-6th string WRs.....not sure what ANYONE could expect with this;;;its basically a college team playing pro teams....
The team went down when we lost our two OGs and the final nail was Alex Smith going down

2 minutes ago, Macster said:

24 on IR...4th string guards, 4th string QB, 3rd and 4th string TEs, 4th-6th string WRs.....not sure what ANYONE could expect with this;;;its basically a college team playing pro teams....
The team went down when we lost our two OGs and the final nail was Alex Smith going down

What was the defenses excuse?  

2 minutes ago, Csup said:

Doubtful - the defense - which was healthy- was exposed.  

While I agree to an extent I don't think they were bad enough to take us down on their own. Take today for instance. They held their own and kept us in the game for quite a while. But when your offense can't stay on the field for more than a few plays no defense is going to remain effective. Don't get me wrong, we've got issues and I want Bruce gone as much as anyone. But I believe if Alex had stayed healthy we'd have squeaked into the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Macster said:

This is a tired excuse.  The problem I have is that we never even attempted anything different to try and overcome the injuries. 

If we tried anything different, that would be something, but all we did is cry about how hard life is.  

Boo hoo.  The eagles lost their MVP Qb, HOF LT, starting RB and WR and won the SB.

we just say woe is me.

Gruden quit when Colt got hurt.  You could see it.

11 minutes ago, Csup said:

when you're on the field almost 75% of the game, they got tired....but the D has regressed and there was a point in the early part of the season where they were forcing 3-4 TOs a game and the last 5 games, i don't think we got more than that TOTAL...i think Manusky has to go; Worst Blitzing team and he made no adjustments...people constantly out of position, no fire. today they looked like they quit

1 hour ago, carex said:

and that is the problem, we've got a mediocre team and people are acting like  we're the worst team in the league

They lost what 6 out of last 7? Yeah they’re one of the worst teams in the league 

19 minutes ago, Macster said:

Yes but the problem is that this is the same thing that happened the last two years under this crap they call a coach. This is purely on his shoulders. He will never be a good head coach, not even at the rec league level. 

28 minutes ago, Csup said:

other team has 43+ minutes of possession vs 16+.  When the offense couldn't handle it's load things fell apart for them.  Also while they didn't have the offenses problems the secondary was occasionally banged up

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

People got hurt this year. People got hurt last year. People will get hurt next year. And the same excuses will be there for anyone who's interested in reaching for them. Every. Single. Time.

it is a legitimate excuse.  Complaining about it doesn't make it untrue, and you can't just say everyone has injuries because even the broadcasters acknowledged how overly injured the Skins are, they had two separate graphics for it

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This is a tired excuse.  The problem I have is that we never even attempted anything different to try and overcome the injuries. 

If we tried anything different, that would be something, but all we did is cry about how hard life is.  

Boo hoo.  The eagles lost their MVP Qb, HOF LT, starting RB and WR and won the SB.

we just say woe is me.

Gruden quit when Colt got hurt.  You could see it.

Defense eventually collapsed today again waiting for offense to just figure out something, anything, man.  Eagles ran a couple plays where they had a speed player come into the backfield and take the handoff instead of the running back, watched us get checked down to death after realizing that it was just going to stay open.  We never tried anything different now did we find a single weakness to exploit.  Defense tried the surrendered when they realized the offense expected to lose.

2 minutes ago, carex said:

it is a legitimate excuse.  Complaining about it doesn't make it untrue, and you can't just say everyone has injuries because even the broadcasters acknowledged how overly injured the Skins are, they had two separate graphics for it

It's not a legitament excuse if we have a habit of getting players with injury histories.  People are going to eventually stop falling for that, this is second year in a row they basically said "if it works, we got a deal, if it doesn't we have an out"

33 minutes ago, Macster said:

when you're on the field almost 75% of the game, they got tired....but the D has regressed and there was a point in the early part of the season where they were forcing 3-4 TOs a game and the last 5 games, i don't think we got more than that TOTAL...i think Manusky has to go; Worst Blitzing team and he made no adjustments...people constantly out of position, no fire. today they looked like they quit

Yea because they allowed a 11 minute drive early in the game, giving up 3rd and 4th downs. This is a worn out excuse, a lot of games go back and forth in low scoring games with teams trading 3 and outs. If you dont allow 14 play drives you dont get tired.

Manusky has no idea what to call in the defensive backfield and either does Torain Grey...and yea Manuskys blitzes..uuggh

So I am watching the post game shows on TV and they have this thing where they go around and pick the player that you give the thumbs up for the game.  Santana Moss chooses Josh Johnson.  Are you kidding me?  Did he watch the same game I did?  The offense had 89 total yards, 68 yards passing, he throws a pick on the first play of the game, and I think I saw did not convert a single 3rd down.  The next talking head that says this guys needs to be invited back next year I think I will puke on their shoes.  He was awful today and every game before today.  So he beat the Jags.  Big deal.  They are the worst offensive team in the league.  But they would have beat us today.  

So today you have the fans of a division rival, defending super bowl team, take over your team hollering their chant and pitch a shut out in your stadium that could have been 50 to nothing easily.  If you are the owner of this team and that is not embarrassing enough to cause you to make SWEEPING changes front office and otherwise, then nothing ever will and those of you who are still fans will continue to suffer through this misery.

And now for an even more depressing thought.  We will pick somewhere around 15 in the draft.  Is there anyone that thinks there are 14 worst teams in the NFL at this stage.  Yes we will get some injured players back but likely our starting quarterback will not be able to play and we have no way to correct that, (and he wasnt playing that well anyway but we are stuck with him) no good receivers, looks like the ship has sailed on the tight end we gave alot of money to and he can't stay healthy anyway, inside linebackers are horrible, safety will be a huge question and we have weak corners.  And oh by the way, Chris Thompson who was our best offensive player last year has been a shell of himself since the injury.  His ship may have sailed as well.  And this front office has proven, they don't have the skills to do anything about any of this.  

I saw a tweet that I think implied there was no halftime show.  If true, how rude to the fans of bands, cheerleaders etc including many kids that went to that dumpster hoping to watch.  NFL Halftime shows are a thing.  I am sure it was done to snub the philly fans, who  survived just fine by making the playoffs instead.   Reporters should press for who short changed the fans on what would obviously be the best part of many skins fans day.  The scheduled entertainers probably didn't get paid and never cancelled until after game time.

Its impressive how we can somehow continue to exonerate our own fans.  You'd think with the marketing team axed on Tuesday they would at least try to make a little splash today, somehow. I guess it was the fake punt.

18 minutes ago, carex said:

I'm not sure I said they weren't injured, or that the excuse wasn't legitimate, or whatever it is you think I said...

Ultimately it does not matter, not from the totality of everything that was wrong with the 2018 Washington Redskins. But like I said, that excuse is there, and can be used, and it will be a valid one, and people will say "Yep! There it is! Thats it, thats the reason!"

So I will keep that in mind when Jay Grudens 2019 Washington Redskins are again catastrophically injured, and many people are basically saying "Well gee golly, they try really hard and it's all so unfortunate and freakish, and unprecedented,  and can't you just give them a break? Geez!"

Maybe 2020 follows the same predictable pattern/excuse. 2021 perhaps? I. sure it won't matter. So long as people keep getting injured,  we should understand that they just cant compete, and give them an attaboy for even suiting up.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Defense eventually collapsed today again waiting for offense to just figure out something, anything, man.  Eagles ran a couple plays where they had a speed player come into the backfield and take the handoff instead of the running back, watched us get checked down to death after realizing that it was just going to stay open.  We never tried anything different now did we find a single weakness to exploit.  Defense tried the surrendered when they realized the offense expected to lose.

It's not a legitament excuse if we have a habit of getting players with injury histories.  People are going to eventually stop falling for that, this is second year in a row they basically said "if it works, we got a deal, if it doesn't we have an out"

there's only so much that can be done with that though, cutting people does cost money too and their aren't always replacements readily available.   I think Richardson was probably the only new vet with an injury history brought in the offseason.  Lauvao was brought back but the guys he was supposed to compete with got hurt and they didn't really have history

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm not sure I said they weren't injured, or that the excuse wasn't legitimate, or whatever it is you think I said...

Ultimately it does not matter, not from the totality of everything that was wrong with the 2018 Washington Redskins. But like I said, that excuse is there, and can be used, and it will be a valid one, and people will say "Yep! There it is! Thats it, thats the reason!"

So I will keep that in mind when Jay Grudens 2019 Washington Redskins are again catastrophically injured, and many people are basically saying "Well gee golly, they try really hard and it's all so unfortunate and freakish, and unprecedented,  and can't you just give them a break? Geez!"

Maybe 2020 follows the same predictable pattern/excuse. 2021 perhaps? I. sure it won't matter. So long as people keep getting injured,  we should understand that they just cant compete, and give them an attaboy for even suiting up.

well, I'm not sure what was really wrong with them besides the injuries.

I am always impressed when a QB takes sacks on 4th downs. Yes we have no pass pro but it shouldn't matter. in fact, it should make things easier as the coach should know to call quick throws, or, i don't know, ROLL THE QB OUT once in a while.  Regardless the QB has to know he will have a guy in his face and know he is going off schedule.  Just get rid of the ball. Throw it over your head blindly down field.   Try/Pray for our best play on days like today, the pass interference. Tell the WR to yell/flop/arms up at any contact.

The real beaut is the 4th and long sack fumble.

Archived