Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuben Foster vs the Flag

joeken24

Good lord.   apples and Porsches.

I think the Foster "outrage" is overblown.  The Skins are smart in this case.  If the allegations are true, they cut bait with no affect.  If they arent true, they get a steal of a deal at a position of need.

That said, Snyder and Allen are still total dickbags.

59 minutes ago, tshile said:

That is not my experience whatsoever. Not saying you’re wrong, just saying what I’ve seen. 

Every one of them was in the military and was deployed at least once.  

I also know people (in or retired from the military) who that are not bothered by it, they see it as a right to peacefully protest that they willingly put their lives on the line to protect (even though a subset of that group doesn’t see the issue the way the protesters see it)

No, I agree. There are a lot of people who have very legitimate feelings about the issue and there is an intelligent conversation to be had. There are also a lot of people who only were interested once it became politicized and whose "thoughts" on the subject unsurprisingly fall in line with their favored political party. Unfortunately, I seem to have more of the latter in my circle but what can you do... they're family 😞

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

I think the Foster "outrage" is overblown.  The Skins are smart in this case.  If the allegations are true, they cut bait with no affect.  If they arent true, they get a steal of a deal at a position of need.

I think Sanchez was a fine choice as he had already worked with several of the Redskins coaches. When it comes to needing your 3rd QB, unless it's Steamin' Willie Beamen from Any Given Sunday, it's probably over for your team.

I don't think Kap was going to accept an offer from the Redskins because of the name. Probably a non-starter. But I agree with the premise that NFL owners and GM's often have messed up priorities. 

Reuben Foster's dad is in prison because (among other things) he shot at his mother...while she was holding a toddler...which was Reuben Foster. It gets weirder because the dad was on the run for a long time and was caught because of RF's prominence as a college prospect. woof. 

He's a freak athlete from a terrible situation and has pretty much lived his life with a series of enablers. He's probably not mentally well and he appears to date someone whom is not mentally well. Sure, he should know better. But that doesn't seem to be the case and he probably hasn't received the help he needs.

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

I was hoping this topic was going to end up in the tailgate at some point. Even if we could talk about it in the stadium, you are going to get alot of hurt feelings and rage posts because the truth of it is - it's not the NFLs tolerance that's the problem. It's the consumer's. Look at who that group of people largely is, and it all becomes readily apparent what is going on and why it keeps happening. The NFL is going to see the product that their base want to get. Period. 

The flag thing is a perfect example but there are many many more. 

In order to avoid being the one to make this ultra contentious, I'll stop there. For now. 

I will say it.

The NFL consumer that they care most about thinks saying "All Lives Matter" or "Blue Lives Matter" is a response to Black Lives Matter, and think BLM is evil.

The NFL consumer that also probably believes Donald Trump is doing a great job at president because of his immigration policies.

The NFL consumer that wears American flag bandanas.

The NFL consumer that contributes to the reason why domestic violence incidents rise on Super Bowl Sunday on average.

The NFL consumer that thinks American values is only about standing up during the pledge of allegiance.

You can say Kaepernick wouldn't start at QB, which is fair, but he's had a better career than Colt McCoy and is definitely better than Nathan Peterman among others.

The NFL has never cared about violence against women outside of lip service.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The reason that this is such a dumb move by Snyder is that his fan base, the people he needs to buy seats at his garbage facility in Landover that is always half empty, are largely the people that support Kap's right to do what he did and largely have big time reservations about immediately signing a person that has been repeatedly accused of beating a woman.  In other words, generally speaking, the people that can afford to buy tickets to a Skins game are highly educated folks who skew liberal.

I am skeptical of this, do you have anything to back it up?

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

#MeToo never really hit the NFL like it did with the entertainment industry, which is kind of interesting because the Reuben Foster’s and Ben Roethlisbergr’s get a lot more public exposure than people like Harvey Weinstein and Les Moonves. 

The 2 you listed are more egregious.  They may not get as much exposure by your perception, but....they did this to people that worked for them. It was finally publically criminalizing and demonizing "the casting couch".

The alleged accusations on the sports figures are extremely bad, but they didnt do it to people who worked for them, or people who felt they'd lose their job over not doing something or reporting it.

A more appropriate comparison would be Brett Favre and the in incident with the Jets.

I never even heard of this guy before we claimed him.  Doubt he ever plays for the team.

As far as Kaep.  He’s been totally ****ed in the ass.  That said, I wouldn’t want him on the Redskins because I don’t think he’s very good.  He’s a poor man’s RG3, and we have already done that song and dance before.  A objective “pass” for me.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

I never even heard of this guy before we claimed him.

Really? There was plenty of buzz leading up to the 2017 draft that we were really high on him and were considering taking him in the 1st. And apparently that was true since we seemingly tried to trade back up to get him but were outbid by SF.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Really? There was plenty of buzz leading up to the 2017 draft that we were really high on him and were considering taking him in the 1st. And apparently that was true since we seemingly tried to trade back up to get him but were outbid by SF.

I guess I don’t follow the draft that much any more... same with college as well.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I guess I don’t follow the draft that much any more... same with college as well.

I never heard of him either. 

9 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I will say it.

Exactly. Your way of saying it is actually much less offensive than what I originally wrote and gets the point across well enough. 

I don't care who you are or what you've done as long as you can help my team win football games. I don't really judge people that much. This world is ****ed up and people make mistakes.

There is no doubt Kaepernick got screwed. I also think people are overvaluing his skill level. He really isn't that good. 

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

2018 House Election Interactive Map from 270toWin.com.  That grey part didn't have a congressional election, but in 2016, voted 91% Democrat, 4% Republican.

image.png.9fdf1707bf2d58585a0692939f590362.png

I had a feeling you would say this.

The football team has a following that goes beyond the DC area, as you have noticed on this forum. Going down to Southern VA and into the Carolinas, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, etc. People from all over the South come to watch the team play. 

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I had a feeling you would say this.

The football team has a following that goes beyond the DC area, as you have noticed on this forum. Going down to Southern VA and into the Carolinas, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, etc. People from all over the South come to watch the team play. 

Well, it's pretty obvious.  Sure, Skins fans all over.  On any given Sunday, do you think the majority of asses in the stands live in A) the DC Metro area or B ) Southern VA and into the Carolinas, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, etc?  I'd guess the vast majority are local, but yea, I don't have any data on that.  

The question for every NFL team on any arrest or protest is does the talent outweigh the distraction.  Kaep didn't start protesting until he was benched.  Much like Tim Tebow, no team wants huge of a distraction/media frenzy for their back up qb.  If Brees took a knee tonight do you think the saints would cut him? 

31 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

2018 House Election Interactive Map from 270toWin.com.  That grey part didn't have a congressional election, but in 2016, voted 91% Democrat, 4% Republican.

Holy ****, 4% of the District voted for Trump?!?  That is about 3% more than I expected...

2 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

That said, Snyder and Allen are still total dickbags. 

It's definitely overblown.  There is a decent chance the kid gets cleared of his charge too.

52 minutes ago, BigHuv21 said:

The question for every NFL team on any arrest or protest is does the talent outweigh the distraction.  Kaep didn't start protesting until he was benched.  Much like Tim Tebow, no team wants huge of a distraction/media frenzy for their back up qb.  If Brees took a knee tonight do you think the saints would cut him? 

Indont disagree with the fact that Kap isn’t worth the headache. 

But it you are lying to yourself if you think his production was the only reason he was kicked out of the NFL. Fact is, and I’ll be blunt, that even if Brees took a knee he’s still white and that matters almost as much as the production, if not more. 

Again I bring up Vick compared to Big Ben. Look at the crimes and look at how they are revived even today. Most forgave Ben for raping hoes. Like it was nothing. Vick served two years and lost millions and people still to this day HATE him. 

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Indont disagree with the fact that Kap isn’t worth the headache. 

But it you are lying to yourself if you think his production was the only reason he was kicked out of the NFL. Fact is, and I’ll be blunt, that even if Brees took a knee he’s still white and that matters almost as much as the production, if not more. 

Again I bring up Vick compared to Big Ben. Look at the crimes and look at how they are revived even today. Most forgave Ben for raping hoes. Like it was nothing. Vick served two years and lost millions and people still to this day HATE him. 

Just because Vick served his time and lost money doesn't mean people shouldn't still hate him for the things he did.  Only reason I don't still hate Vick is that when he came out, he proactively spent his time advocating for animals.  I suspect people that hate Vick either are not aware of that fact, or don't care and are just filled with hatred. 

The above has nothing to do with his treatment as compared to Roethlissomething.  Remember that Vick wasn't convicted of, and never served a day for, dog fighting.  He was convicted of running an illegal organized crime syndicate across state lines, and would have gotten a slap on the wrist, but the judge got pissed b/c he was smoking weed during the trial after specifically being told not to.  I don't actually remember the facts surrounding Big Ben or if he was actually arrested and charged or what.  

17 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Just because Vick served his time and lost money doesn't mean people shouldn't still hate him for the things he did.  Only reason I don't still hate Vick is that when he came out, he proactively spent his time advocating for animals.  I suspect people that hate Vick either are not aware of that fact, or don't care and are just filled with hatred. 

The above has nothing to do with his treatment as compared to Roethlissomething.  Remember that Vick wasn't convicted of, and never served a day for, dog fighting.  He was convicted of running an illegal organized crime syndicate across state lines, and would have gotten a slap on the wrist, but the judge got pissed b/c he was smoking weed during the trial after specifically being told not to.  I don't actually remember the facts surrounding Big Ben or if he was actually arrested and charged or what.  

I actually didn’t know that about Vick’s time served. So I guess I’m talking out of my ass. I’ll read more on him and Ben and come back, though being honest I don’t think it takes much away from my underlying point. But I’m also stubborn as **** so who knows. I’ll educate myself a bit then see how I feel. 

if I recall Ben wasn’t actually convicted of anything. 

58 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Fact is, and I’ll be blunt, that even if Brees took a knee he’s still white and that matters almost as much as the production, if not more. 

Let's hope Patrick Mahomes takes a knee and gets cut then.  Would love for him to be the Skins QB 

Archived