Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuben Foster vs the Flag

joeken24

7 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Count me in the 1% (and i think it's probably more than 1%, but yea, probably not much more).  

I don’t need the team rebranded but I think caring about whether your team turns to women beaters to win is a good trait to have  

I don’t know his story so I’m reserving outrage. But this looks terrible and I got zero defense for it because the best case scenario is that he didn’t hit her either time and he’s super stupid and still hung out with her and I don’t want that either. 

The more I read/watch about this Hunt incident, the less serious it seems compared to what Foster allegedly did.  I absolutely want him on the team.  The sports media bullies -- a bunch of jealous weaklings for the most part -- already hate us for our name.  I don't care what else they say.

The report said police were called to the hotel, but didn’t press charges against Hunt.

I will explain why they didn't press charges:

1) The woman was not a romantic partner of Hunt.  She was just some drunk lady who got kicked out of a party for drinking under 21.

2) She wasn't injured, from what I have seen/heard. The "beating" she took was nothing compared to what any man would take if he got in a fight with a pro athlete.

3) She was at least partly responsible for the altercation, based on the video. 

4) Before the video, supposedly she was banging on Hunt's hotel door, instead of going home.

5) Also, she allegedly called Hunt the N-bomb.  No audio of it, but his buddies will back him up on that one.  It's quite possible she used the N-bomb further when the police interviewed her.  Imagine how well that would play in front of a Cleveland jury.

Both sides involved can be summed up as "play stupid games, win stupid prizes".  Her prize was getting shoved around.  Hunt's prize was losing his job.  But he'll get a second chance, because he is very good at his job.

1 hour ago, Tsailand said:

The more I read/watch about this Hunt incident, the less serious it seems compared to what Foster allegedly did.  I absolutely want him on the team.  The sports media bullies -- a bunch of jealous weaklings for the most part -- already hate us for our name.  I don't care what else they say.

Do you even know what Foster allegedly did?

More importantly, do you know what the circumstances and context were surrounding Foster's alleged actions? Because the circumstances around Hunts' actions seem to exonerate the guy in some people's eyes, while none of us know one damn thing around Foster's actions and worse, don't seem to think it's important or relevant.

1) The woman was not a romantic partner of Hunt.  She was just some drunk lady who got kicked out of a party for drinking under 21.

2) She wasn't injured, from what I have seen/heard. The "beating" she took was nothing compared to what any man would take if he got in a fight with a pro athlete.

3) She was at least partly responsible for the altercation, based on the video. 

4) Before the video, supposedly she was banging on Hunt's hotel door, instead of going home.

5) Also, she allegedly called Hunt the N-bomb.  No audio of it, but his buddies will back him up on that one.  It's quite possible she used the N-bomb further when the police interviewed her.  Imagine how well that would play in front of a Cleveland jury.

1) "just some drunk lady"...what if it was his girlfriend and she was drunk? He gets arrested then? i mean, it's possible that Ohio is one of those states that will arrest someone for DV even if the person who was assaulted doesn't press charges, i guess.

2) Injuries aren't necessary for an arrest. Hell, you can be brought in for threats.

5) "She called him the N-word" is the new "Someone hacked his twitter account" lol...

11 hours ago, Califan007 said:

1) "just some drunk lady"...what if it was his girlfriend and she was drunk? He gets arrested then?

Very likely.  The rules are different when it's a girl you're sleeping with.

2) Injuries aren't necessary for an arrest. Hell, you can be brought in for threats.

I know that.  But I'm explaining why cops used their discretion to not arrest any of the morons in that video.

5) "She called him the N-word" is the new "Someone hacked his twitter account" lol...

You're not wrong.  But that's where we are.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25419668/doug-williams-washington-redskins-apologizes-insensitive-comments?platform=amp

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins executive Doug Williams apologized Friday for comments he made Thursday, when he called linebacker Reuben Foster's domestic violence arrest "small potatoes" when compared to crimes committed by people in positions of power.

:ols:

That should shoot down any idea the FO did its due diligence. Groups that thoroughly review a domestic violence don’t have an exec come out and go “eh, being arrested for domestic violence isn’t a big deal”

They still think they can make a run to the playoffs.  That's why they won't sign Kaepernick.  They want someone they've worked with before so he'll know the terminology.

But you have to question whether Kaepernick would even sign with us if we asked him.  There are four games left.  He is in the middle of making a case that the NFL colluded against him.  It would ruin it if he signed with a team.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

How much of not signing Kap do you think is his politics as opposed to the unwanted media coverage that would bombard a team?

I think it’s all about not wanting the bad press, or rather, decisiveness.  People would love picking up Kaep (myself, a Kaep hater, included) and others would spill their beans.

I think it would bring more good press than bad, and frankly it’s the only thing that would make me want to watch the Redskins again this season.  This team sucks.  I don’t care about any of the players aside from a couple.  I want them to lose because they’re a bunch of ****ing losers.

At this point, I don’t even care if they change the name because Snyder has done irreparable damage to it.  It will always be a laughingstock so long as he owns the team.

So yeah, sign Kaepernick (they won’t obviously) because that’s the only thing that will pique my interest in this stupid ****ing team.

8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

How much of not signing Kap do you think is his politics as opposed to the unwanted media coverage that would bombard a team?

I think it's 100% because of the media coverage and distraction angle...

Foster was claimed and isn't even with the coaches/players right now. So, they spent 48 hours answering questions and the rest of the Foster blowback is now up with the front office until things get sorted out. Sadly, he's one of bunch of NFL players who have been accused or found guilty of DV. 

Kap would be the backup QB...in the meetings, in the locker room, on the field with the players and coaches. He would be the topic of conversation around the clock as reporters would finally have a way to ask the questions they've been saving up for 2 years. 

As a team who still believes they are playing for something, the distraction level for Kap is 100x more than it was for Foster. 

Signing Kap is a distraction till it isn't. I don't remember him making waves at the end of 49ers run.  I don't think Kap would even want to play here with the name being so problematic. If the NFL wants the Kap collusion case to go away just offer him a chance to have the team name draped over him.

On 11/30/2018 at 9:51 PM, Cooked Crack said:

When's the Kareem Hunt vs the Flag coming.

Well here's the thing. The ball is already rolling. He's done the proverbial apology interview. Of course he's a baller on the field and besides the incident, he's perceived as a likable guy.  He's already getting sit down interviews. I'll give it next year he'll be back playing. Not sure what team, but he's a commodity.

The NFL is in cleanup mode right now. Apparently they are shifting the cover-up onto the Cleveland PD

https://deadspin.com/report-cleveland-pd-launch-investigation-into-how-nfl-1830895837

20 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think it's 100% because of the media coverage and distraction angle...

Foster was claimed and isn't even with the coaches/players right now. So, they spent 48 hours answering questions and the rest of the Foster blowback is now up with the front office until things get sorted out. Sadly, he's one of bunch of NFL players who have been accused or found guilty of DV. 

Kap would be the backup QB...in the meetings, in the locker room, on the field with the players and coaches. He would be the topic of conversation around the clock as reporters would finally have a way to ask the questions they've been saving up for 2 years. 

As a team who still believes they are playing for something, the distraction level for Kap is 100x more than it was for Foster. 

So the alternative is to bring in a QB that hasn't played in 7 years over Kap? This Johnson guy is one butt face injury away from running the offense. If that's not a team distraction, I don't know what is. I'd rather get locker room questions and have the possibility of winning a game, than to have a losing team, a empty stadium, questions after a 7 interception game and Gruden (with his defeated body language) spitting out excuses as to why the offense struggled.

Actually, Kap would be crazy to come here. As a matter of fact, most QBs should question playing in this archaic offense. 

1 minute ago, joeken24 said:

So the alternative is to bring in a QB that hasn't played in 7 years over Kap? This Johnson guy is one butt face injury away from running the offense. If that's not a team distraction, I don't know what is. I'd rather get locker room questions and have the possibility of winning a game, than to have a losing team, a empty stadium, questions after a 7 interception game and Gruden (with his defeated body language) spitting out excuses as to why the offense struggled.

Actually, Kap would be crazy to come here. As a matter of fact, most QBs should question playing in this archaic offense. 

I don't scout QBs so I won't try to compare the two QBs. I'd tend to agree with you that Kap is (or was) better. I believe (could be wrong) that Josh Johnson has been with teams, just hasn't gotten into games. So, I'm assuming he's been practicing all along. Kap has not. 

On 11/30/2018 at 11:35 PM, Tsailand said:

The more I read/watch about this Hunt incident, the less serious it seems compared to what Foster allegedly did.

I dont really know if the exercise of comparing the 2 sheds any insightful light but I do think, at least for me, that having video of it always makes it worse than worded allegations.

Re "wasnt that injured" ... when her head hit the wall, she was heavily dazed and im guessing concussed. She def got rocked.

The photos in Foster's case of the left cheek dont look good though. If those facial injuries were there when police arrived and they looked fresh .... thats it for Foster imo.

5 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't scout QBs so I won't try to compare the two QBs. I'd tend to agree with you that Kap is (or was) better. I believe (could be wrong) that Josh Johnson has been with teams, just hasn't gotten into games. So, I'm assuming he's been practicing all along. Kap has not. 

Not comparable. Trust me!

Johnson hasn't taken an NFL game snap since 2011. You know why? Because he's not a NFL QB. He's been signed because he didn't take a knee IMO. Kap is a far better and accomplished QB. The problem here is not only the fact that Bruce Allen has made clear that he does not want Kap signed because of Allen's personal beliefs in the flag (which is ****ed up IMO. This comes from a source, so I'll take it with a grain of salt), but Kap struggled under Tomsula (who was the fired 49er coach Kap played for after Harbaugh left). The whole **** is political. Its not about winning at all. Its the reason I'm questioning my loyalty to this team. Kap would do himself a disservice by coming here. At this point I am hoping Johnson gets to play. Its not like this thing is not going to get blown up after the season. A coach with a 34-41-1 record is going nowhere but down. I don't know one coach that has been a losing coach for 5 years then all the sudden becomes a winner. Maybe 5 games but not 5 ****ing years! Sheesh!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Johnson_(quarterback)

5 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I dont really know if the exercise of comparing the 2 sheds any insightful light but I do think, at least for me, that having video of it always makes it worse than worded allegations.

Re "wasnt that injured" ... when her head hit the wall, she was heavily dazed and im guessing concussed. She def got rocked.

The photos in Foster's case of the left cheek dont look good though. If those facial injuries were there when police arrived and they looked fresh .... thats it for Foster imo.

The league cannot defend videos. But allegations can disappear. As a matter of fact, the fans let that **** disappear when the games come on (but that's another subject). I believe the NFL is lying about obtaining the video without the Cleveland PD knowing. If the PD didn't know, the NFL probably got a anonymous call about the video. They got ahead of it so they wouldn't get slammed like they did with the Rice situation. Now they're trying to spin it like they did extraordinary due diligence and the Cleveland PD was covering it up. Child Please!!!

6 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Well here's the thing. The ball is already rolling. He's done the proverbial apology interview. Of course he's a baller on the field and besides the incident, he's perceived as a likable guy.  He's already getting sit down interviews. I'll give it next year he'll be back playing. Not sure what team, but he's a commodity.

The NFL is in cleanup mode right now. Apparently they are shifting the cover-up onto the Cleveland PD

https://deadspin.com/report-cleveland-pd-launch-investigation-into-how-nfl-1830895837

I'm not sure that the ball is rolling in the right direction for Hunt yet.  I think there are additional incidents of violence that may add to whatever discipline he gets for what happened on the video.  I am hearing that there are two other events where he was involved in violent interactions with men during the past year, one of which resulted in pretty serious injuries (broken ribs and jaw).  The apology interviews will hurt him if there is evidence of other violent behaviors that he isn't acknowledging.  In my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I'm not sure that the ball is rolling in the right direction for Hunt yet.  I think there are additional incidents of violence that may add to whatever discipline he gets for what happened on the video.  I am hearing that there are two other events where he was involved in violent interactions with men during the past year, one of which resulted in pretty serious injuries (broken ribs and jaw).  The apology interviews will hurt him if there is evidence of other violent behaviors that he isn't acknowledging.  In my opinion.

That's a solid opinion. But the operative word is men. IMO (and since we're in the tailgate), I would say that it depends on the men he was violently interacting with. If the men fall into any other category other than heterosexual African American, Hunt is ****ed. Otherwise, those articles will be found in the lower right hand of the  "South Dakota Sports Chat". Sad but true.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think you are partially right but from a Redskins perspective, I think they just didn't want that much media drama/attention around a 4th string quarterback.

They got the drama by not bringing him in. Ironic ain't it?

Archived