Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuben Foster vs the Flag

joeken24

On 12/7/2018 at 8:14 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Curious do you think he is being blackballed because of what he stands (or kneels) for or because the teams/nfl dont want the media circus surrounding a backup qb?

I can't believe I'm being pulled back into this, but the truth is definitely in the middle...

Yes, people have misunderstood from the start what Kap was protesting, why he was protesting, and who instructed him to protest.
Unfortunately, and it sounds crazy that I'm even saying this, but the moment Kap wore those Pig Socks... His career in the NFL was in jeporady. Why? It was just enough ammunition to use that he does hate the police. (I told you it would sound crazy. Smh...)

And yes, if I'm a GM, I probably wouldn't sign Kapernick because of the backlash, even though I know the point of what he's doing, I also have to worry about my job. (What would the Redskins have gained last year by signing him?)

It is sad that Kap is being blackballed for whatever petty reason you can think of, but just because he's in the situation he's in, doesn't mean that I'm going to say that Kareem Hunt shouldn't be allowed to play. It's kind of apple and oranges.

12 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

I can't believe I'm being pulled back into this, but the truth is definitely in the middle...

Yes, people have misunderstood from the start what Kap was protesting, why he was protesting, and who instructed him to protest.
Unfortunately, and it sounds crazy that I'm even saying this, but the moment Kap wore those Pig Socks... His career in the NFL was in jeporady. Why? It was just enough ammunition to use that he does hate the police. (I told you it would sound crazy. Smh...)

And yes, if I'm a GM, I probably wouldn't sign Kapernick because of the backlash, even though I know the point of what he's doing, I also have to worry about my job. (What would the Redskins have gained last year by signing him?)

It is sad that Kap is being blackballed for whatever petty reason you can think of, but just because he's in the situation he's in, doesn't mean that I'm going to say that Kareem Hunt shouldn't be allowed to play. It's kind of apple and oranges.

So what you're saying is that your position in life (worrying about your job) is most important in the big scheme of things. Its cool. Some people's priorities are different. Doesn't make yours wrong....just different. Fact is, there are more people that think like you, than there are people like Kap, which is why he's not in the league. IMO, its shameful.

The fact that their is a backlash this deep, speaks widely about our culture. One can't help but to say it is what it is and probably will always be. But what's sad is the fact that the backlash for hitting a women last for what? 4 months? The crowd will boo, he'll bust a 40 yard run and the boos will subside.

20 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

So what you're saying is that your position in life (worrying about your job) is most important in the big scheme of things. Its cool. Some people's priorities are different. Doesn't make yours wrong....just different. Fact is, there are more people that think like you, than there are people like Kap, which is why he's not in the league. IMO, its shameful.

The fact that their is a backlash this deep, speaks widely about our culture. One can't help but to say it is what it is and probably will always be. But what's sad is the fact that the backlash for hitting a women last for what? 4 months? The crowd will boo, he'll bust a 40 yard run and the boos will subside.

I never worry about any job I've been, because I've been good at most of them... And the ones I weren't good at, I knew I could lose it at any time. So, why worry? 😂

Real talk though... You probably don't know like some on here, but I'm a thirty year old Black male from DC. Bruh... I am Kapernick. You think I'm not pissed about the police brutality in this country? The injustice? Man, the ONLY people that's EVER pointed a gun in my face has been THE POLICE!

... Just like I know not every cop is a bad cop, I know not every situation is the same. It's a better play to sign Kareem Hunt in February than it was to sign Kapernick in November.

Crazy part in all of this, I feel like now would be the time to test the waters on Kapernick. If I was the GM, I'd float the idea out there to a media member to taste the waters and go from there. 

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

Fact is, there are more people that think like you, than there are people like Kap, which is why he's not in the league. IMO, its shameful.

Wasn’t it reported he was telling gms he’d keep his mouth shut and not protest if they’d give him a job?

On 2/12/2019 at 11:16 PM, tshile said:

Wasn’t it reported he was telling gms he’d keep his mouth shut and not protest if they’d give him a job?

GT

I almost cussed.

Report? Really dude? Reported by who? Or better by whom that is reputable.

Everytime.

reality gets ignored in this situation.

For some reason people think that a team signing Kaep will not have to deal with what comes with him, and it's not any loss of ticket sales to pissed off people falling for the distraction.

Reality: He IS the face of a movement. His presence causes a stir. 

reality; This movement has been put square in the forefront by his enemies who want to discredit him and destroy the movement. These folks want to foster racial divide by telling everyone to shut up and ignore it.

Reality: These enemies are big..  huge media conglomerates with deep pockets.. and

reality: the ****ing president of the united states. Buffoon though he is, 30% or so of this nation believes everything he says and acts exactly as he tells them. The POTUS will be dividing a locker room. the POTUS will be involved in distracting the team. This is a major league distraction that NO team has ever had to deal with. EVER.  

Reality: the locker room will become ground zero for the racial debates and anger festering in this country. Hannity and Maddow arguing their points through that team.

Reality: Media will swarm the team. Unrelenting, not just sports media. They will harass the players. 

Reality: there's 53 men in there plus coaches. Think all of them agree politically? Imagine a locker room that allows politics in, especially in today's climate. let ONE player slip. Let ONE player say anything that is not bland vanilla nothing.. let ONE player make even an allusion to not agreeing with Kaep's stance. The media will pry that locker room apart.

Now..   you go in your locker room as a coach and you tell 52 guys that their careers are about to be upended by this one guy's presence.

52 men who have worked their whole lives to get where they are and who have an average of about a five year career. 
remember,, of your 52 men, most of them will fall into the 'average player' category, with the avg. career span. 

Now, go tell them that you just decided to jeopardize all their work and potentially shave a year or two ff that career with this. See how many of them stick with you.

for that matter, go tell a coach who has an average stay at a job of three years that you are going to sign a guy who will likely divide his locker room no matter what he does...  oh, and that business about winning games still applies or you're fired. 

No one is above the team, right?

At least this is one of the things coaches have to establish to start to try to form team cohesion.

And no matter what Kaep does, he will be above the team. he can be as low key as he always is.. sit in a corner with his nose to the wall and never say a peep..  and it won't matter.

Blackballed? Maybe. A major team distraction? Most definitely. Bringing with him more than any team can likely handle (except maybe NE) Certainly.

Kaep should run for US senate. He can do some real good. I like and respect him.. he's a man of conviction and honor. But his playing career is over. People can say it's unfair or whatever, but those realities are reality.. and can't be ignored.

~Bang

Archived