Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuben Foster vs the Flag

joeken24

14 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Not comparable. Trust me!

Johnson hasn't taken an NFL game snap since 2011. You know why? Because he's not a NFL QB. He's been signed because he didn't take a knee IMO. Kap is a far better and accomplished QB. The problem here is not only the fact that Bruce Allen has made clear that he does not want Kap signed because of Allen's personal beliefs in the flag (which is ****ed up IMO. This comes from a source, so I'll take it with a grain of salt), but Kap struggled under Tomsula (who was the fired 49er coach Kap played for after Harbaugh left). The whole **** is political. Its not about winning at all. Its the reason I'm questioning my loyalty to this team. Kap would do himself a disservice by coming here. At this point I am hoping Johnson gets to play. Its not like this thing is not going to get blown up after the season. A coach with a 34-41-1 record is going nowhere but down. I don't know one coach that has been a losing coach for 5 years then all the sudden becomes a winner. Maybe 5 games but not 5 ****ing years! Sheesh!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Johnson_(quarterback)

I think the Redskins wanted to avoid the locker room distraction. And, the team deserves plenty of criticism, but the Kap situation is league-wide and different. The way you describe him as a player, every team in the league could use him on their roster and he hasn't gotten a sniff. 

its not the locker room distraction.... its the fans. 

the NFL fan base has demonstrated over and over that they won't REALLY make a team suffer over a petty little thing like hitting a chick.   

but the NFL fan base has also shown that they WILL walk away from a team (or the NFL) over red-blooded american issues .... like uppity darkies.   

--------------

(that all said its 2018... if Kaep was 2018 Patrick Mahomes... they would hold their breath, and take the plunge.   But at the end of the day, they don;t think that Kaep, who was a mediocre-starter in the league many years ago, is a big enough upgrade over random bench warmer #1.4c to take on the headache or the risk of a pissed off fanbase.  Kaep's heart and head didn't seem in the game the year before he left... is there anything to make people think it would be MORE in the game, now?)

No, it's the distraction.

there are hundreds of millions spent on each season.

Each player has a limited career, and it can end anytime. the average player stays in the league for 4 yrs.

He WILL wreck the locker room, no matter how quiet he is. to pretend the media will not attempt to drive every wedge it can to create even more clicks on what would become the biggest story of the month is to be naive in the extreme.

Let ONE player suggest he doesn't completely agree with the backup QB, you think they won't drive wedges?

So go ahead. Tell the rest of your team that you are giving up for the year, good luck going forward in your career, and we will now purposely lay a minefield in front of you that you can't control.

See what team you have left.

Oh, and fire your coach too, because he will lose his locker room.

Unfortunately, reality is reality, and no matter how much we want to pretend it'll be this nice cozy basket of love, it's not. The risk is tremendous, the reward: nothing.

~Bang

On 12/6/2018 at 7:07 PM, joeken24 said:

The league cannot defend videos. But allegations can disappear. As a matter of fact, the fans let that **** disappear when the games come on (but that's another subject). I believe the NFL is lying about obtaining the video without the Cleveland PD knowing. If the PD didn't know, the NFL probably got a anonymous call about the video. They got ahead of it so they wouldn't get slammed like they did with the Rice situation. Now they're trying to spin it like they did extraordinary due diligence and the Cleveland PD was covering it up. Child Please!!!

See? The NFL is working this ****!!

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/25471824/how-kareem-hunt-nfl-career-was-put-hold-night-town

10 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think the Redskins wanted to avoid the locker room distraction. And, the team deserves plenty of criticism, but the Kap situation is league-wide and different. The way you describe him as a player, every team in the league could use him on their roster and he hasn't gotten a sniff. 

Make no mistake this is a league-wide blackballing of a capable QB that is far better than a lot of back-up QBs and maybe even some starters. So please stop justifying what's really going on by claiming that this is remotely about ability. That's that bull**** and you know it. But then again, there are those in this world that see what they want to see or they are simply too blind to see. Or worse, they're a part of the problem.

2 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Make no mistake this is a league-wide blackballing of a capable QB that is far better than a lot of back-up QBs and maybe even some starters. So please stop justifying what's really going on by claiming that this is remotely about ability. That's that bull**** and you know it. But then again, there are those in this world that see what they want to see or they are simply too blind to see. Or worse, they're a part of the problem.

Curious do you think he is being blackballed because of what he stands (or kneels) for or because the teams/nfl dont want the media circus surrounding a backup qb?

5 hours ago, Bang said:

No, it's the distraction.

there are hundreds of millions spent on each season.

Each player has a limited career, and it can end anytime. the average player stays in the league for 4 yrs.

He WILL wreck the locker room, no matter how quiet he is. to pretend the media will not attempt to drive every wedge it can to create even more clicks on what would become the biggest story of the month is to be naive in the extreme.

Let ONE player suggest he doesn't completely agree with the backup QB, you think they won't drive wedges?

So go ahead. Tell the rest of your team that you are giving up for the year, good luck going forward in your career, and we will now purposely lay a minefield in front of you that you can't control.

See what team you have left.

Oh, and fire your coach too, because he will lose his locker room.

Unfortunately, reality is reality, and no matter how much we want to pretend it'll be this nice cozy basket of love, it's not. The risk is tremendous, the reward: nothing.

~Bang

As if somehow this team will implode. What have you all been witnessing the past 20 years??!!! A winning organization? No!

You've witnessed perennial dysfunction. It amazes me that somehow you're worried about more drama. I could give a rats ass what reporters write about. At 1 o'clock on Sunday, every fan (that is a fan) will be in the stadium or on their couch watching the damn game! If the players aren't professional enough to come out and play, that's on them! If they are that ****ing soft, that a reporter asking them about their teammate is going to cause them to jump off-sides (Moses doesn't need help) or bust a coverage (the whole damn secondary don't need help) or call a ****ed up game (Manuskly don't need help) or allow nipple pinching contests in practice (Gruden don't need no ****ing help), then **** 'em. They shouldn't be considered a professional ball team. If anyone that hasn't committed a crime can come in here and help this team win a damn game, they need to bring them in. But I be damn if you're going to try to trick me into thinking that butt head and Johnson are better QBs than Kap. Ask Bruce Allen why they didn't bring in Kap. And then ask yourself if Bruce is worried about winning on the field. You already know the answer to both. You act like these players are weak and that Kap would come in the locker room and start a revolution. Stop with that!

He'd stay in the locker room during the Anthem just like other players that do it (and are not televised), he'll come out and play football. Hopefully, he'd help them win a damn prime time game (they do need help with that). Stop acting like these players are too weak for Kap to play on the team. The organization may be weak, but these player aren't.

43 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Curious do you think he is being blackballed because of what he stands (or kneels) for or because the teams/nfl dont want the media circus surrounding a backup qb?

The NFL and the media that covers them created this media circus. Marshawn Lynch has never stood up for the national athem. There's numerous players that haven't stood during the anthem. This media storm was basically started by Jennifer Lee Chan (a niners reporter) that took notice of what was meant to be a silent protest.

You may want to ask NIKE that question. I can't answer your question because it doesn't sit well with me. Its evident the NFL (and maybe you, I don't know) don't believe in free speech unless a player is a starter. How you would consider it legit to blackball anyone that hasn't committed a crime is beyond me. I made numerous post about how ****ed up it is that the media has been given so much  power. Without sounding too much like Trump, they need to shut the **** up sometimes, use some ****ing discretion and stop seeking division all the goddamn time!

The NFL decided to cut the head. And BTW, when I say the NFL, I mean the 32+ billionaire good 'ole boys. The NFL does not care about a media circus. They have enough PR support and power to muffle anything. This is a clear cut example of how the few, control the masses. Had Kap's stance not gone viral, he'd still be in the league. But as you can see, the masses are now back in control. But again, I commend Kap for taking a stand on his own. Many can't.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/12869726/colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protest-seahawks-brandon-marshall-nfl

So here's about as close to the truth as we're going to get....the police report

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/reuben-foster-new-domestic-violence-related-police-body-cam-video

To me, its unfortunate when arguments get this intense between couples (and btw, I didn't realize they were still together). But lets face it, its not abnormal. Most of the police I know say domestic spats take up most of their time on duty. But this looks to be more about media sensationalism than a true incident based on what I see in this police report. The girlfriend gets to her boyfriends phone (mistake number one) and finds a few photos she didn't agree with. Apparently she takes medication to keep her stable, hmm. Apparently she didn't take them that day (mistake number two). In the meantime Reuben is somewhere in the apartment chillin' totally oblivious to the fact that his **** is exposed. She stumps in to where he is, says who the **** are these ****es on your phone?!!!! (which is obvious). He says, what are you talkin' about? Then he says, what are you doing going through on my phone? Thinking somehow that means anything. Then the argument breaks out. One thing leads to another and here comes the po po.  

But for those that don't understand:

The skins pr is just so bad. Like really how difficult is a statement like this:

"We see rueben as a talented player and moved at that chance to add him to the team. He is currently innocent until proven guilty and will be released if it turns out he committed crimes of domestic violence. 

His actions regardless have been questionable but we feel through research and positive former teammate reviews that we have the right surroundings for him to succeed in life and on the football field."

Personally I don't want him on the team because even if he was innocent he has shown the propensity to make some really poor decisions and I don't think that is what the redskins need atm. 

I also don't want Kap on the team. I dont appreciate his stance concerning the flag, but regardless, he is out of NFL football shape, was a gimmick NFL qb that was already figured out, and seems more intent on pushing a different agenda than playing NFL football. 

I would've liked better than mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson though.. we are really scraping the bottom of the qb barrel. Bruce Allen loves his Tampa connections. 

Trophies aren't given for PR, Walter Payton Man of the year is nice, but it isn't a Super Bowl.

Having a hard time understanding my position? Go re-read the OP and the question at the bottom.

"So the question for you is, do you prefer criminals on the football field or free speech exercised in every walk of life"

Here is what i prefer. i prefer to watch football without having to make such ludicrous choices based on my watching football. It isn't my responsibility either way to concern myself with whether or not the NFL hires a "criminal", or they don't hire a QB. What my opinion of those people are doesn't change any of it, and don't mean anything.

I do not care.  Because if I DID force myself to care HERE, in an arena that has absolutely NO impact on my own life at all, then I would have to start to REALLY pay attention to the things that REALLY affect my life, and that i can REALLY do anything about.

I'd have to know if anyone who worked for my insurance company ever got arrested for domestic abuse, or whatever other causes i have decided must control everything i do.
AlllState is a big company, just as the league is a big entity. And if it is so important to not have criminals on the field, then how should i feel about the people  pay actual money for actual services i am expecting?
Has anyone who works at the grocery store i use been busted? How about in the entire Giant corporation? Anyone?

Should i consider changing grocery stores so as to not support domestic violence? I am sure somewhere there is a person handling Brussels Sprouts i may serve my family who has been arrested for something unsavory.

What is important to you? Celebrity gawking for causes or doing anything actual about it beyond screaming?

for almost everyone the answer is obvious. 

(I always do like the ones that scream their social consciences via tweets saying it was sent by an iPhone, etc. "you blah blah this over free speech or domestic violence" sent on a phone made by slaves.)

and the reason i do not care is I do not buy into this bull**** that because i watch football and do not care, that i am responsible for the ills of society. That somehow because I like the Washington Redskins, i don't care about people who hit women, i don't care about free speech. (and i'm a racist, i'm a trumpie, etc. etc. etc. it just continues. Now, this may not be the gist of this thread, but this is a prevailing wind that blows out there, and ai am mostly using this as a springboard to that)

i do care about all of those things. But i am sick to death to everything being a referendum on everything else. I'm watching the game! Pipe down! It's entertainment. You know, like movies. By the way,, at the end of every movie there are a LOT of names. LOTS of them. Do we check each one of them for criminality before deciding to see the film? or do we just go to see the movie because it looks good to entertain ourselves, knowing that if the fifth team assistant animator's assistant slugged his wife one night, it doesn't mean we approve of it.
The last two weeks have been a complete meltdown by the social screamers about claiming foster or not signing Kaep, and every bit of it means absolutely NOTHING.

None of the 'sign Kaep" arguments fly for a myriad of reasons. Just perpetual anger.

None of the demands to boycott or the shaming of fans because men they never met who run the company behind the logo made a decision makes any sense at all. It's just screaming and playing the shame game.

None of it means anything.      I don't care that the Redskins claimed foster does not mean I think it is OK for people to hit their others, but that is the immediate assumption.

I am tired of re-hashing all the Kaepernick stuff, and as each day passes the solid fact that his career is over should become more and more clear to everyone who still hasn't realized it.
But it hasn't got anything at all to do with any free speech issues at all, free speech issues involve making laws, and he has not been restricted by the law in any way what-so-ever.

The argument over what a private company can do is so tired it's falling over, and there is absolutely no point discussing it ever again.

You could say that his cause is just as prominent now because of him as it became when he started his protest. There is NO one who does not know what he stands (or knelt) for.. and BECAUSE of that, the actual issue itself is EXPOSED. it is out in the light. It got a lot of push-back, which doesn't happen unles it is out there prominently. 

But that I see that as changing. 
Unfortunately, now his on supporters have clouded what is the actual issue of importance (police brutality) and made it into an issue about Kaepernick the Martyr, and the NFL.

Now the argument is owned by those who are manipulated into the 'disrespecting the flag' nonsense, because they don't have to pay attention to the actual problem he knelt for at ALL. Now the argument is about NFL blackballing and whether he can play better than mark Sanchez or Josh Whatsisname.

The BEST thing to do is let the football career die, let Kaepernick continue to be what he is.. which is the symbol. His actions have caused everything they could in terms of forcing national dialogue, and he continues to do so no matter what he does. SO, in my mind the best way to support him is to support that, and bring him to what i think is his higher calling.
(the good news is Kaepernick really doesn't pay attention to it and continues to do what he does no matter what social media says or argues over him or how the argument is framed. I wish his supporters would take a cue from him and give up this anger over teams not signing him. It really is pointless anymore.

I belong to a couple of Redskins facebook pages, and they are unreadable lately. Nothing bu Kaep after kaep after kaep.. anger anger anger.. and all of it made up out of thin air over what the tam DIDN'T do. The fact they are angry over a 4th QB signed in december as if ANY of them would matter is unbelievable. It's just a vent for the anger that is everywhere over everything. It's December. From a football standpoint, it doesn't matter who. It's a disaster. So avoiding a media circus is one thing you can do mitigate how much a disaster it becomes.

As to Foster and what he represents..  look, we all grew up football fans, some of us from eras later than others. My first Redskins heroes were Charley Taylor, Jerry Smith, Pat Fischer. To believe that 'criminals'. didn't exist on the teams that grew my love for the game is naive in the extreme. the only difference now, as in many many areas of our lives, is the amount of exposure.  (Warren Moon recently went into the Hall of fame. Did you know he engaged his wife in a high speed car chase across Minnesota with a loaded gun?  He had several incidents. I do not recall anyone yelling at anyone to stop watching football, or even to not put him in the hall of fame.)

PLUS..  with Foster, and others..  when it comes to domestic incidents.. it is best to not judge until everything is known, because often there's a lot more going on than is seen on the surface. (And i am not talking about pattern abuse. i am talking about oh crap the cops are at the house cause Buster and Sue are having a fight type things.)

As a football fan, i have already reconciled i am watching a violent game the consists of men destroying their bodies and often shortening their lives for our amusement. (And i  have also reconciled that the speed and violence is a large part of why i like tackle football. It's thrilling and dangerous.)

Fact is it is a good move and if he clears, we just grabbed a good player for nothing. If he doesn't, we don't even have to cut him because we only claimed his rights. We just waive them and we're done. He does't even have to be any sort of answer. if we don't like what we see in camp next year? He screws up and gets high? Cut him. No loss. 

So I am likely all over th road and five pages into a thread with a point i missed, but oh well. Just trying to wake up.

~Bang

16 hours ago, joeken24 said:

He's better than some backups and probably a couple starters, no doubt. But he's also not a great QB, or else one of the 32 teams would have broken ranks and signed him. This is jobs and reputations on the line every Sunday...coaches and players cheat whenever they can, so I don't think they'd be standing so steadfastly together in this one instance over politics or principles. 

16 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

This is the biggest deterrent in my opinion. 

21 hours ago, joeken24 said:

So please stop justifying what's really going on by claiming that this is remotely about ability.

It is, at least, partially about ability. 

But then again, there are those in this world that see what they want to see or they are simply too blind to see. 

Ironic. 

If only there was a way to know how good of an actual passer kaepernick was? If only someone tracked this kind of thing? 

The Mandela effect is strong with this one. 

On 12/6/2018 at 1:46 PM, joeken24 said:

So the alternative is to bring in a QB that hasn't played in 7 years over Kap? This Johnson guy is one butt face injury away from running the offense. If that's not a team distraction, I don't know what is. I'd rather get locker room questions and have the possibility of winning a game, than to have a losing team, a empty stadium, questions after a 7 interception game and Gruden (with his defeated body language) spitting out excuses as to why the offense struggled.

Actually, Kap would be crazy to come here. As a matter of fact, most QBs should question playing in this archaic offense. 

Well I was close.

Meanwhile:

NFL reports that Kareem Hunt takes next step, heads to counseling. Lol.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000997046/article/kareem-hunt-takes-next-step-heads-to-counseling

They working that **** man!!!

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2018 at 3:42 PM, joeken24 said:

Well I was close.

Meanwhile:

NFL reports that Kareem Hunt takes next step, heads to counseling. Lol.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000997046/article/kareem-hunt-takes-next-step-heads-to-counseling

They working that **** man!!!

And look at there! He's back in the league! As a matter of fact, I heard a couple women on ESPN 980 Radio actually analyzing whether Hunt is just a guy with anger issues or someone that abuses women. They were IMO minimizing what Hunt did. I can't believe these women were ok with this dialogue, but ESPN is a powerful entity and they probably worked their entire career to reach that job. The NFL cares about the shield, period, point blank. Again, Kareem has a video and a couple other charges against him. Kap took a knee for peace. Reuben was cleared of all charges. But guess who is getting the public opinion manipulation treatment? Yep, ya boy Kareem - the young exciting play maker.

Archived