Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

That's in a court of law, not in the court of public opinion.  

You beat me to it.  It drives me crazy when I hear people drop "innocent until proven guilty" like the public is legally bound to act like nothing happened until the trial concludes.  I hate that almost as much as when people say that Ray Lewis was found "innocent".  Criminal courts don't find defendants to be innocent or even not guilty.  They find them to be "not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" - which means a lot of guilty people go free.  But the public isn't held to the same standard - that's why OJ doesn't have any sponsorship deals.

On another subject, Goodell did the Skins a great favor by immediately putting Foster on the exempt list.  Otherwise, they would have needed to cut someone today, which would look horrible.  Foster will get paid and the money will count against the cap while on the exempt list.  At some point, probably well before a trial if it comes to that, the Commissioner will need to take him off and this will be replayed yet again.

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No. But for every one of them is someone else, maybe not as high profile, that has had their life completely changed by a false allegation. 

Again, I'm not casting innocence or guilt here. I just advocate an innocent until proven guilty mentality... in the court of public opinion and in the eyes of the law.

I am 100% in favor of prosecuting those who bring about false allegations.  But that could also open up the door for less real victims to come forward and report what happened to them.

11 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

God...do YOU know how much a defense costs??? How much you are financially RUINED?? THIS attitude contributes to the false claims and other BS that comes from allegations and VERDICTS from the clueless holier than thou "public".

These guys have the money..but your attitude effects EVERYONE..even people who don't have the resources.

This political correctness nauseates me....

This is his 3rd arrest this year.  Forgive me if I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  

I will say this: even if Foster makes it past his legal troubles and finds a steady job on a team, I don't think he's going to have a long NFL career.  Not at his size with the way he plays.  Watch him hit and you'll soon see why he had ****ed up shoulders.  He's going to have serious problems with them sooner rather than later.

11 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Edited 

Please keep political crap out of here. This is about football. There is an entire section out there for you to voice whatever opinions you have. They do not belong in the Stadium. Here is the link to the Tailgate.

http://es.redskins.com/forum/12-the-tailgate/

Thank you in advance! 

11 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

maybe it's a ploy to light a fire under Mason's ass...and Browns

I heard Russell this morning on the Junkies saying Brown is due 9M or something like that next season and the Skins want out of it.  I get that.  We were so thirsty for speed and what he was replacing was so bad, we thought he was God’s gift. It’s rather clear why he wasn’t the hot commodity he expected to be.  Definitely flashes but gives up gashes.  Foster is just too damn slow.  I actually credit him for getting the absolute most out of his stocky, lumbering body.  But we need more out of the position.

In that respect, I can totally understand the hope that this guy is innocent and his college buddies can mentor him, turn his life around or whatever. There is no doubt he has the ability to be an upgrade on the field.  His decision making ability at minimum has the ability to be a big liability off it.  This is why I don’t see the PR hit as worth it given the only reason they could come up with is that his college buddies like him.  It looks bad when you’re the Redskins, it has hope when you’re the Pats.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Btw, Reuben Foster does in fact have a new girlfriend...and she was with him in Tampa.  The ex-girlfriend/accuser just somehow happened to track him down at the team hotel.

Stalker much?!?

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/instagram-photo-reuben-foster-new-girlfriend-posted-after-hes-out-jail

This guy needs you on retainer as his counsel, but also life coach.

6 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I am 100% in favor of prosecuting those who bring about false allegations.  But that could also open up the door for less real victims to come forward and report what happened to them.

This is his 3rd arrest this year.  Forgive me if I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  

If he hit her, send his a$$ to jail and throw away the key, BUT what I don't understand is you are giving her the benefit of the doubt when she has been arrested before, for lying about Domestic Violence against another man, She lied again earlier this year against Foster by her own words and gave video evidence that she got hurt in another altercation but blamed him because she was mad that he was leaving her and she wanted money???????

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Please keep political crap out of here. This is about football. There is an entire section out there for you to voice whatever opinions you have. They do not belong in the Stadium. Here is the link to the Tailgate.

http://es.redskins.com/forum/12-the-tailgate/

Thank you in advance! 

This was and IS in context of the discussion..same facts...Guilty on a allegation... so YOU quit acting as a moderator. Thank YOU in advance

Just now, dckey said:

If he hit her, send his a$$ to jail and throw away the key, BUT what I don't understand is you are giving her the benefit of the doubt when she has been arrested before, for lying about Domestic Violence against another man, She lied again earlier this year against Foster by her own words and gave video evidence that she got hurt in another altercation but blamed him because she was mad that he was leaving her and she wanted money???????

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/instagram-photo-reuben-foster-new-girlfriend-posted-after-hes-out-jail

He's an idiot.  Where there is smoke, there is fire.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/reuben-foster-girlfriend-involved-domestic-disturbance-october 

25 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Just ask Brett Kavanaugh.  Now that was shameful.  Within a few days of the news cycle, he had gone from being an alleged drunk teen at a party doing something stupid to a full on rapist.  Disgusting display of guilty before proven innocent (which he was following an FBI investigation).

And now the news cycle has moved on.  Foster may come out of this ok if nothing comes of it.

1 minute ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

This was and IS in context of the discussion..same facts...Guilty on a allegation... so YOU quit acting as a moderator. Thank YOU in advance

He had it absolutely right.

Some of the staff is losing patience with some of you (generally, not targeting Hangman) who have been here long enough to know better than to keep bring non-football and more sociopolitical stuff into this forum---it's been an uptick we've commented on and acted on in recent weeks.  If posters can't follow the rules we have our own solutions.

Look, the bottom line here is simple:

From a football perspective this was a smart football decision.

From a PR perspective it had potential to be a nightmare, but who knows.

At the end of the day, the Skins will very likely cut ties immediately with him if the accusations are true. If they are false, the Redskins have a new ILB for a few seasons before he legitimately breaks himself. This discussion is tough to have because there is human morals involved in his signing. Debating it from a pure football standpoint is almost entirely impossible.

@stevemcqueen1 has some great points from a football perspective, though. He is a wrecking ball and plays completely recklessly. But he is a pro bowl caliber player... when he's on the field.

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I will say this: even if Foster makes it past his legal troubles and finds a steady job on a team, I don't think he's going to have a long NFL career.  Not at his size with the way he plays.  Watch him hit and you'll soon see why he had ****ed up shoulders.  He's going to have serious problems with them sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I do remember the shoulder thing coming out.  Then he kept running into issues with it in the short time he has been in the pros.

If he is arrested..and the skins feel like the arrest was warranted...boom..move on

If he is not arrested..and the claims don't warrant an arrest..sign him to a contract with behavioral clauses and monitoring/mentoring IF he can make the team.

There are people out there who want $$ and will say anything to extort it. There are REAL Victims who get hurt. Professionals are in place to determine which is which. Until that is done..

Archived