Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

1 minute ago, dckey said:

If it turns out that the accuser lied again and he did not do this, would you still think it was a bad move?

Yes.

Would you go back to a woman who falsely accused you of domestic violence and dragged you through the criminal justice system (and in the court of public opinion) if you were 100% innocent?

2 minutes ago, DJD2 said:

Are there warning flags? Absolutely. But how about letting the truth come out before making a determination. If you say you know what the truth is you are lying.

And before anyone @'s me for being an apologist or something for domestic violence just don't. If what is alleged is true I will be the first to say he should be cut.

This is the crux.

Our society is supposed to be built on the premise of innocent before proven guilty. It is slowly becoming "guilty until proven innocent" upon accusation of any such matter. And the world knows it. It's why false allegations get so much exposure. It's drama and people have no issue ruining someone's life if they view it as a profitable move.

The fine line, though, is that you also can't outright dismiss these allegations because they can also be very real. The best way to preserve the foundation we should be built on, innocent until proven guilty, is to let the process play out before judgement.

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

Yes.

Would you go back to a woman who falsely accused you of domestic violence and dragged you through the criminal justice system (and in the court of public opinion) if you were 100% innocent?

Me personally No I would not, but I know of many men that were thinking with the wrong head and did the exact same thing, I've seen men in the military go back to woman that slept with half the base, I've seen men that went back to women who tried to get them fired for abuse or cheating which is against the UCMJ.  So it is not unheard of for Men to do things like this. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

If the Skins know more about this and they believe he's guilty but they're waiting to see what the league/legal folks think, then they are ****ty people as well. But if the team truly believes he is innocent, I support the way they are handling this move. I just hope they aren't making this move without looking into it and formulating a true opinion based on facts on the matter.

The only statement they released about this move is that they had "candid conversations" with former teammates at Alabama. That is very shallow for a bold move like this.

I could back them up a bit if they did their homework, call Tampa's police to check it out, investigated is whole history, including the one from the Combine and so on.

But they didn't. It seems they went:

- "Hey Reuben Foster has been released! Let's grab him!"

- "Hey the dude was on jail facing serious charge, got into multiple troubles in less than 2 years within the league..."

- "I Talked with Jon and Payne, they say he's a great guy, let's grab him!"

- "OK, maybe we should investigate a bit more before going this way, it's gonna be tough to swallow"

- "Nah, I told ya, I talked with Jon and Payne, it's OK. Let's grab him!".

That doesn't look very professional.

So now we're here with a guy that is suspended by the Commissionner (Thanks @goskins10 for reminding me Tanard Jackson!) for the second time. Taking a huge PR hit without being sure the guy we'll ever see the field for us. If he never wears burundy and gold why are you eating that PR ****? That'll be scary.

3 years ago, there was the La'el Collins story during the draft. Everyone stayed out of it, until he was cleared, and even then, nobody, not even us, spend a 7th on the guy. And now we're going with a waiver claim on Foster that has a longer history than Collins? Hard to swallow. If that's the way we're going, maybe we should sign Aaron Hernandez just in case he comes out of jail, that would be a good football move too no? Well, I'm exaggerating this, but I guess you got the point anyway.

They didn't look like they did their homework and came quite frankly unprepared about what to do next. They got an idea, went with it, and then, they wonder what to do next? That is so Redskins...

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

@goskins10

3 years ago, there was the La'el Collins story during the draft. Everyone stayed out of it, until he was cleared, and even then, nobody, not even us, spend a 7th on the guy. And now we're going with a waiver claim on Foster that has a longer history than Collins? Hard to swallow. If that's the way we're going, maybe we should sign Aaron Hernandez just in case he comes out of jail, that would be a good football move too no? Well, I'm exaggerating this, but I guess you got the point anyway.

They didn't look like they did their homework and came quite frankly unprepared about what to do next. They got an idea, went with it, and then, they wonder what to do next? That is so Redskins...

You do know that he is dead right????

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Our society is supposed to be built on the premise of innocent before proven guilty. It is slowly becoming "guilty until proven innocent" upon accusation of any such matter. And the world knows it. It's why false allegations get so much exposure. It's drama and people have no issue ruining someone's life if they view it as a profitable move.

That's in a court of law, not in the court of public opinion.  

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

That's in a court of law, not in the court of public opinion.  

So you believe someone who is falsely accused should have their name dragged through the mud and life ruined?

I don't see a difference in the two in the sense that courts and people should wait for evidence to persecute. But this is a sticky issue.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

So you believe someone who is falsely accused should have their name dragged through the mud and life ruined?

I don't see a difference in the two in the sense that courts and people should wait for evidence to persecute. But this is a sticky issue.

No of course I don't believe that.  Is Lesean McCoy's life ruined?  Is Roethlisberger's?  Who cares what angry people say on social media, if the courts clear you, aside from a suspension in the league, you're life isn't ruined.

Just now, Sticksboi05 said:

Recanting doesn't mean you lied - there's myriad reasons why women go back on their statements. A lot to lose, a lot to go through to get a conviction etc. etc.

This is a shameful shameful move by the team. Embarrassing.

Recanting means you lied if you stated in your recant that "I LIED BECAUSE HE WAS GOING TO LEAVE ME AND I WANTED MONEY"

8 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

The only statement they released about this move is that they had "candid conversations" with former teammates at Alabama. That is very shallow for a bold move like this.

I could back them up a bit if they did their homework, call Tampa's police to check it out, investigated is whole history, including the one from the Combine and so on.

But they didn't. It seems they went:

- "Hey Reuben Foster has been released! Let's grab him!"

- "Hey the dude was on jail facing serious charge, got into multiple troubles in less than 2 years within the league..."

- "I Talked with Jon and Payne, they say he's a great guy, let's grab him!"

- "OK, maybe we should investigate a bit more before going this way, it's gonna be tough to swallow"

- "Nah, I told ya, I talked with Jon and Payne, it's OK. Let's grab him!".

That doesn't look very professional.

So now we're here with a guy that is suspended by the Commissionner (Thanks @goskins10 for reminding me Tanard Jackson!) for the second time. Taking a huge PR hit without being sure the guy we'll ever see the field for us. If he never wears burundy and gold why are you eating that PR ****? That'll be scary.

Nobody stepped up to draft La'el Collins because his agent told teams that if any of them tried to draft him after the third round that he would not sign the contract and stay out of football one year and re-enter the draft the following year.  It had nothing to do with teams avoiding him because of his situation with the murder of the lady police thought he was involved with.  

In fact, his agent wanted him undrafted so he could pick what team to sign with and get a better contract with more guaranteed money than he would have gotten being drafted in the late rounds.  He was also contacted by 29 teams after the draft that were interested in signing him, hardly a snub by the league/teams.

In my view this is a low risk, high reward scenario: if Reuben Foster is proven innocent, the team gets a stud linebacker for cheap.  If it turns out to be true, the team can cut him with no issue.  

If he is able to play, and we start winning, no one will remember this.  Just ask Ray Lewis.

We're already one of the most hated franchises in NFL thanks to the name debate, dumb ass owner, and past history of integration. So I guess Bruce decided to go FULL HEEL on this one. This team knew we were going to get butchered by the media for this. 

33 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We’ve been trashing them for a lot of things, poor PR being one of them.  So I’m failing to see the irony.  We’ve been deeply concerned way before this.

It’s also not surprising that you like this move and continue to convince yourself all is swell here.

Yep, I’m an optimist/brightside kind of guy.  It’s a lifestyle choice that’s very rewarding.

It is my hope that you opt for that path at some point.

I’ll be pulling for ya!

The NFL placed Foster on the commissioner's exempt list Tuesday, Mike Garafolo of NFL Network reports.

The 49ers jettisoned Foster in recent days after he was arrested Saturday night on an allegation of domestic violence. Subject to waivers, the only team to put in a claim on the beleaguered linebacker was the Redskins. With his landing spot known, the NFL reacted with Foster's placement on the exempt list, which won't allow him to practice or attend games while the league investigates his most recent transgression. However, he "may be present at the club's facility on a reasonable basis for meetings, individual workouts, therapy and rehabilitation, and other permitted non-football activities," per Adam Schefter of ESPN. It appears as if Foster will be unavailable for Monday's game at Philadelphia and potentially beyond that point.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/redskins-reuben-foster-cant-practice-or-play-immediately/

Here's a full description of the Reserve/Commissioner Exempt List directly from the NFL Player Personnel Policy Manual:

The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances. The List includes those players who have been declared by the Commissioner to be temporarily exempt from counting within the Active List limit. Only the Commissioner has the authority to place a player on the Exempt List; clubs have no such authority, and no exemption, regardless of circumstances, is automatic. The Commissioner also has the authority to determine in advance whether a player's time on the Exempt List will be finite or will continue until the Commissioner deems the exemption should be lifted and the player returned to the Active List.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000725141/article/what-is-the-reservecommissioner-exempt-list

Did Smith and the NFLPA actually read the CBA?

Why isnt McCoy on the list? Or Zeke? Was AP when the child abuse charges came out?

Slippery slope of subjectiveness.

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

For giggles, how is he as a player? 

I appreciate he was a first round pick, but was he good enough in SF to go through with absorbing this hassle?

But I dont think the Redskins are unique here in signing a player like this.  It's just a high profile situation.  Every team will have a guy like this at some point. 

Flashes brilliance.  Plays with a ton of heart and brutality and fearlessness.  Probably only 85% as good as people think he is--which is still a probowler.  One of the fastest players at the position in the NFL.  Legit cover skills--capable of running with all manner of Ys in single coverage and he's an absolute prowler when covering hooks who will take your RB's head off when you thought the zone was clear.  Bruiser who can hurt pulling guards and get into their numbers to stun them.  Real low and fast guy that you're not going to beat to the hole.  Scary when he's running the alley.  He's going to punish offenses for running swings and wheel passes to their backs.  You can't beat him to the edge and he routinely reaches the outside hip on runs outside the numbers to stone guys.  Can de-cleat runningbacks outside the box.  Heat seeking missle on kick coverage.  Great body control, makes plays off his frame look easy.  Crafty blitzer who is going to get home if left unblocked.

His weaknesses stem from a lack of size and discipline.  He's undersized and he's a sketchy fit mashing in the box.  Force defense is tricky with LBs like him.  Works far better as a chase and hit WILL playing behind two gapping 1s and 3 techs like he did at Alabama.  It just so happens that we have his nose tackle and three tech from that team that helped him to be the best stack linebacker in CFB that year.

There are also some pursuit angle and tackling issues.  He gets screened by his teammates from taking such unnaturally sharp angles to the ball.  When it works, he's made the Prowbowl play.  When it doesn't, you've lost the gap.  He's a  ferocious tackler who gives it his all but he just doesn't have a lot of length to leverage blockers and engulf runners, and he plays so fast that there is always a bit of a gamble on the play.

In short, this was a low risk, very high reward move.  If he makes it through the legal process and league discipline process while still keeping his job, then we got a young prowbowl caliber player for basically nothing.

12 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

No of course I don't believe that.  Is Lesean McCoy's life ruined?  Is Roethlisberger's?  Who cares what angry people say on social media, if the courts clear you, aside from a suspension in the league, you're life isn't ruined.

No. But for every one of them is someone else, maybe not as high profile, that has had their life completely changed by a false allegation. 

Again, I'm not casting innocence or guilt here. I just advocate an innocent until proven guilty mentality... in the court of public opinion and in the eyes of the law.

9 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

God...do YOU know how much a defense costs??? How much you are financially RUINED?? THIS attitude contributes to the false claims and other BS that comes from allegations and VERDICTS from the clueless holier than thou "public".

These guys have the money..but your attitude effects EVERYONE..even people who don't have the resources.

This political correctness nauseates me....

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No. But for every one of them is someone else, maybe not as high profile, that has had their life completely changed by a false allegation. 

Again, I'm not casting innocence or guilt here. I just advocate an innocent until proven guilty mentality... in the court of public opinion and in the eyes of the law.

Just ask Brett Kavanaugh.  Now that was shameful.  Within a few days of the news cycle, he had gone from being an alleged drunk teen at a party doing something stupid to a full on rapist.  Disgusting display of guilty before proven innocent (which he was following an FBI investigation).

2 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Did Smith and the NFLPA actually read the CBA?

Why isnt McCoy on the list? Or Zeke? Was AP when the child abuse charges came out?

Slippery slope of subjectiveness.

Peterson was put on that list.  

Wasn't it created after the Ray Rice incident?  It's not that old.

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I read the message.  That message doesn’t keep reporters at bay from asking endless questions to anyone they are allowed to put a mic in their face.  That alone is too consequential for me, particularly in the midst of a playoff hunt for a team already lumbering.  The timing of it to me seems totally not worth it.

maybe it's a ploy to light a fire under Mason's ass...and Browns

Archived