Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

36 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

No you don't, every man deserves a 2nd chance. Surround him with the right people and mentors, and let him grow into a good man and great player.

I'm afraid '2nd chance' is barely a dot in the Reuben's rear view mirror.

Getting tossed out of the draft combine is a classic.  Three arrests this year.  Sorry, but I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

3 hours ago, Suffolk_Skins said:

A lot more going on here. The first allegations were dropped and judge said there was zero evidence but then he was arrested again (same victim). He has not been found guilty of DV at this time.

They found no evidence against Zeke either when the woman lied on him and the police tossed out her fraudulent claims, but It still makes the player and team look bad.

Now if Foster didn't do anything, I hope the commissioner doesn't suspend him unfairly just like he did to Zeke.

Putting everything else aside for a minute....

How stupid and shortsighted is it for the FO to drop this little "side project" into the defensive players laps right before the biggest game of the season?

Now instead of being able to focus on the Eagles and winning the division they have to play babysitter and answer dumb questions to the media all week?

Sure doesnt seem like a recipe for success...

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Worth the gamble if he makes it through the Criminal Justice process.

The sad thing about that is, Goodell thinks he is above the law and whether a man is innocent or guilty, he still brings down his own bs judgement.

All some woman has to do is accuse an NFL player of wrong doing... (NOT GET CHARGED, ARRESTED, OR CONVICTED, according to the law).  He still will have to go through the commissioner's gauntlet.  

So let's hope we can get him on the field soon.

33 minutes ago, PotomacGator said:

Ruben ****ing foster?? Are you ****ing kidding me?????

i hope this team gets blown out in every remaining game. I will be rooting for it. I hope Williams and every piece of **** asshole who was involved in this gets fired.

21 minutes ago, PotomacGator said:

2nd chance? LOL. You think this is just the second? Are you stupid? Or just dumb?

Seems kinda over the top.

9 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

They found no evidence against Zeke either when the woman lied on him and the police tossed out her fraudulent claims, but It still makes the player and team look bad.

Now if Foster didn't do anything, I hope the commissioner doesn't suspend him unfairly just like he did to Zeke.

The suspension for Zeke was so strange.  The girl says he hit her and calls the cops.  She then texts her friend to say "tell the cops he hit me".  Her friend responds "you want me to lie?".  She says "yeah".  No charges come from the incident, but she says Zeke hit her before also. However, she refuses to state that he hit her if she is going to be put under oath. The NFL sends a domestic violence expert to interview the alleged victim.  The expert says, I don't believe her, I recommend no punishment.  So that expert is told, we don't need your services anymore, and we will not have you talk to the commissioner about this.

In the end, the NFL suspends Zeke because of the allegation that the girl refused to make if it was under oath.  The same allegation that no one from the NFL who actually talked to her believed.  Then Jerry Jones is fined for appealing this decision.

44 minutes ago, tshile said:

Is picking him up off waivers when he was cut immediately following the incidence giving him a chance?

I don’t think so. But that’s just me. 

As for your question about being employed anywhere... I get your point and I agree to the underlying logic, but ultimately the simple truth is that yes being an NFL Star is different than being a ups driver. He trades on his reputation, his stardom is a that. He gets paid incredibly well in an entertainment business. 

Ultimayely the consumers drive decisions (when they want...) and domestic violence is a line for many consumers (just like racism, things involving children, etc) and of your a star you are subject to the public’s backlash. 

If an article came out blasting the ups for hiring and covering for domestic abusers there would be a public backlash against them and they’d have a business decision to make. 

Just to be clear I don’t think the guy needs to be punished for life unless he continues to do these things. 

I just want people to be consistent. If you draw the line in the sand, then draw it. Understand that arguably the most exciting/dynamic player in the NFL right now has been convincted of this same offense and was kicked off his college team for repeat offenses before being drafted/signed by an NFL team. But my guess is that most people still find Tyreke Hill fun to watch. 

10 minutes ago, Nerm said:

The suspension for Zeke was so strange.  The girl says he hit her and calls the cops.  She then texts her friend to say "tell the cops he hit me".  Her friend responds "you want me to lie?".  She says "yeah".  No charges come from the incident, but she says Zeke hit her before also. However, she refuses to state that he hit her if she is going to be put under oath. The NFL sends a domestic violence expert to interview the alleged victim.  The expert says, I don't believe her, I recommend no punishment.  So that expert is told, we don't need your services anymore, and we will not have you talk to the commissioner about this.

In the end, the NFL suspends Zeke because of the allegation that the girl refused to make if it was under oath.  The same allegation that no one from the NFL who actually talked to her believed.  Then Jerry Jones is fined for appealing this decision.

L

There were also texts from her to Zeke trying to extort him for money.  See this is my problem.  When the commissioner suspended Zeke for no legit legal reason, he gave the green light to all future gold diggers and butt hurt ex-girlfriends to have the power to derail the careers of NFL athletes when they don't get their way.

Goodell pretty much sent the message to all weman that no matter whether she accuses a player of something and no matter what the law deems as fraudulent or questionable statements and evidence against a player that's worthy to throw out.....   She still can affect his livelihood with lies.

17 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Seems kinda over the top.

I'll say, considering...

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article209852989.html

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000933286/article/reuben-foster-accuser-recants-trial-decision-may-23

That decision by a Santa Clara County Court judge dropped domestic-violence charges against Foster.

But to have the same girl visit him (in fact to see her at all) on the night before a game was not too bright.

This is a low point for me as a fan. This is zorn swinging gate low. I’m truly disgusted to be a fan of this team right now. I don’t care how good he ends up being. He clearly beat her before, and he’s a serial offender. We all make mistakes, but I have NEVER hit my wife. The hell with any man who has. 

And attack me all you want. Idc. This is a character thing for me 100%. 

15 minutes ago, kleese said:

I just want people to be consistent. If you draw the line in the sand, then draw it. Understand that arguably the most exciting/dynamic player in the NFL right now has been convincted of this same offense and was kicked off his college team for repeat offenses before being drafted/signed by an NFL team. But my guess is that most people still find Tyreke Hill fun to watch. 

Tbh, every time I see him, i remember reading the ****ed up **** he did.

that was really bad. 

So is Foster’s issue 

To me, it doesn't matter if any other team claimed him off waivers. **** other teams. I guess if reports came back that the Patriots or the Steelers were all in on Rueben, this would be a welcome to DC thread. BTW and not that it matters, Forbes (the authority on all things football) is calling the Redskins tone deaf. I'll wait for the facts and stay off that pile of **** because we all know the Redskins are always a target. Hell, they're even getting targeted on the football field, right Jordan? Amazing how nobody in the mainstream is talking about that ****.

Fact is, this is not a move unless Reuben is cleared. This is around the same move the Redskins made with D-Jax. We'll see.

So the Redskins now have Mason Foster under contract for next year and Zach Brown for the next two years. I suppose this is a move to get a football player.

If it works out, the Redskins will have Alabama players at just about every position on defense. That's fine by me, because they're discipline, sound technique wise and they know how to ****ing win. I suppose is a round about way of getting Percell players without bringing in the coach.  

56 minutes ago, PotomacGator said:

Ruben ****ing foster?? Are you ****ing kidding me?????

i hope this team gets blown out in every remaining game. I will be rooting for it. I hope Williams and every piece of **** asshole who was involved in this gets fired.

Whould this mean b Allen is gone?

Archived