Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

22 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

This is NOTHING like D-Jax. Jackson has never been arrested. Ever.

You miss my point. I'm not placing D-Jax in that space. What I'm trying to get across is how the Redskins took a chance with D-Jax when everybody else was claiming him as a bad person (even a gang member). Read this bull**** for yourself. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/10688873/desean-jackson-released-philadelphia-eagles

BTW, getting arrested doesn't mean **** until you're found guilty. Problem is, Foster will be convicted by self righteous people even if the charges and case is dropped.....again! I applaud Doug Williams.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/reuben-foster?id=2557837

NFL Draft 2018

SEARCH BY  Select... Name Position Round Team 

2017 Draft Prospects

GRADE
Photo of Reuben Foster

Reuben Foster (LB)

HT: 6'0" WT: 229LBS.

POSITION: LB

SCHOOL: Alabama

ARM LENGTH: 32 3/8"

HANDS: 10 1/4"

Overview

Alabama's star inside linebacker started his ascension to elite prospect status last summer when he lost 20 pounds. His newfound speed and agility, while keeping his trademark aggression and instincts, made him a unanimous first-team All-American and All-SEC pick. Foster also won the Butkus Award as the nation's top linebacker and was a finalist for the Bednarik Award, leading the Tide with 115 tackles, 13 for which went for losses including five sacks. He won the SEC Championship MVP, as well (11 tackles, 2.5 for loss, two sacks). Foster was a starter as a junior (73 tackles, eight TFL, two sacks, nine pass break-ups) after two seasons as a key reserve MIKE linebacker and special teams ace (12 tackles in 2013; 22 tackles, two TFL in 2014).

• SELECTED BY: 49ers
  • ROUND: 1
  • PICK (OVERALL): 31 (31)
PICK ANALYSIS:

"He reminds me of Luke Kuechly when I watch tape. He's an immediate impact player. Sideline to sideline, he will light you up. I'm amazed that he's fallen to this point. ... San Francisco better be right on him with that shoulder." -- Mike Mayock

COMBINE STATS

ANALYSIS

Strengths

Alpha mentality with ferocious hitting style that puts offensive skill positions on alert. Outstanding athlete with springy, reactive feet. Lost 15 pounds in off-season, which gave him more speed and explosiveness. Loose hips and long stride allows him to open and chase immediately. Has elite sideline-to-sideline range. Tough as nails. Brings swagger to a linebacking corps. Never passive and always means it. Willing to take his shots downhill and into gaps. Lands strong warning blows on climbing guards early in the game. Coverage ability is an asset. Logged 10 passes defensed in 2015. Can carry long speed against running backs on wheel routes and nine routes. Has worked to improve tackling technique, which has yielded higher success rate of finishes.

Weaknesses

Instincts are just average. Overly reliant on speed and athleticism over instincts and feel. Can be a tick slow to respond to play-action. Inconsistent defeating blocks. Too eager to take on everyone at the point of attack. Gets shoulder covered up firing into incoming blockers. Needs to improve stack and shed technique to keep himself clean. Will drop his head at times as tackler. Poor tackling technique led to "stinger" issues early in his career.

Draft Projection

Round 1

Sources Tell Us

"He's not a MIKE linebacker. I think he's a pure run-and-hit WILL linebacker with good cover talent. I'm worried about what his medicals will show because he's had some issues with stingers during his career. I have a higher grade on him than I had on Reggie Ragland. Better pro potential to me." -- NFC director of scouting

NFL Comparison

Bobby Wagner

Bottom Line

Foster is a vicious hitter with elite playmaking range and an ability to toggle between 225 and 240 pounds. Athleticism gives him cover ability that former teammate Reggie Ragland never possessed. Has Pro Bowl potential as a 3-4 inside linebacker or a 4-3 weak-side linebacker, but concerns over his medical history could be a consideration, according to some teams.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Had it been an isolated incident, I’d understand 

but this guy has been arrested 3 times in a year. That is insane. He got kicked out of the combine. Multiple DV accusations. He’s not exactly showing that he’s reformed himself. He just got arrested Saturday. 

Im all for criminal justice reform but not really for people like this. 

Reformed from what? He hasn't been found guilty once. The only thing he needs to be reformed from is messing with them damn chicken heads.

10 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

You miss my point. I'm not placing D-Jax in that space. What I'm trying to get across is how the Redskins took a chance with D-Jax when everybody else was claiming him as a bad person (even a gang member). Read this bull**** for yourself. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/10688873/desean-jackson-released-philadelphia-eagles

BTW, getting arrested doesn't mean **** until you're found guilty. Problem is, Foster will be convicted by self righteous people even if the charges and case is dropped.....again! I applaud Doug Williams.

I don't know how to explain it any clearer. D-Jax had no history of legal problems. Reuben does. And not just for domestic violence. Reuben managed to get arrested 3 times in a year. D-Jax and Reuben have absolutely nothing in common, narrative or reality. D-Jax had nothing to back up any narrative against him. Reuben has 3 arrests worth of proof backing up that he isn't worth the risk. That he even let her in the room same room after the first arrest shows he's a big enough knucklehead to not be worth it. He literally invited this whole situation.

11 minutes ago, kleese said:

I think that is reasonable and I’m glad he won’t actually be representing the Redskins in any formal capacity until that process has played out. He can’t practice, he can’t be at games until we get farther down the road. Redskins essentially put in an early claim on his services should he be cleared. If he’s convincted/guilty then he will either be released or pay his debt to society/league before he ever sees the field for us. I’m OK with that. 

ST21 brandished a gun in anger over stolen property. He was a hair trigger away from mjrderinf someone. It was a VERY violent and dangerous reaction. But Gibbs kept him. Stuck with him. I think you could say the same thing.. do you want your family member working with a guy that is capable of flying off the handle like that? 

As a parent I want to protect

my kids against everything..

to the extreme. So no I wouldn’t be thrilled about them working at 7-11 with someone convincted of abuse... I also wouldn’t want them working with someone who was an addict or an alcoholic or someone who was a thief or a cheater. Reality is in life you deal with all kinds and we never really know, unless we know. 

In general no. It would make me uncomfortable. But there is a difference here that he was already on the team so they had a history with him and knew him more intimately. This is not bringing him new into the organization while he is going though the courts having been charged with a crime. Again he was already on the team. Just like the 49ers stuck with Foster the first time this came up.

For me there is a difference in sticking with someone you know and bringing someone in you do not. For example, I could understand the 49ers for keeping him while this all works out. But it is also a bigger sign to me to stay away that they chose not to. They know the guy better than the Redskins do and they have chosen to move on. That should be a huge sign to stay away until this clears the courts and there is a verdict one way or the other.

This just in:

An NFL insider has reported that Tom Brady slapped the **** out of his baby momma and it wasn't Gisele. It is believed that police have placed Tom under arrest with a trail set for the same day as the the AFC Championship. Those close to the situation claim that Roger Goddell has issued a formal stay to the Boston courts which would allow for Brady to play the game. More to follow  as details become available. Moreover, it is rumored that Gisele Bundchen has filed a restraining order on Brady, claiming abuse and child endangerment stemming from an incident just moments after the news broke.

Tom Brady is one of only two players in NFL history to have won five Super Bowls and he is the only player to have won them all with a single franchise. Because of the many accolades many consider Brady to be among the greatest quarterbacks of all time. 

If a story came out like the above, how many of you quick to judge asses would go all in on this bull**** story? I suppose you'd need two to three more instances, right? After three reports, oh yea, Tom is officially a ****ed up guy? 

Or maybe you'd wait for the facts.

14 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

In general no. It would make me uncomfortable. But there is a difference here that he was already on the team so they had a history with him and knew him more intimately. This is not bringing him new into the organization while he is going though the courts having been charged with a crime. Again he was already on the team. Just like the 49ers stuck with Foster the first time this came up.

For me there is a difference in sticking with someone you know and bringing someone in you do not. For example, I could understand the 49ers for keeping him while this all works out. But it is also a bigger sign to me to stay away that they chose not to. They know the guy better than the Redskins do and they have chosen to move on. That should be a huge sign to stay away until this clears the courts and there is a verdict one way or the other.

I don't think they have any intention of using him or making him a true part of the team until there are answers. I think this is a "stash" move and nothing more. In that regard, I really think it's pretty smart. The downside is they have to deal with the media bashing and the like. But the truth is he won't even be around very much and he won't be on the field at all, so it will likely die down quite quickly. I don't think by claiming him the Redskins are sending any sort of message that domestic violence is OK or they don't care about it. That is a predictable headline-grabber take from talking heads. What they are saying is that they will take on some burden while his case plays out. If and when it is appropriate for him to play football again they think he can help the team. If it is not appropriate for him to play football anytime soon then so be it and they will stand by those decisions. 

32 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I don't know how to explain it any clearer. D-Jax had no history of legal problems. Reuben does. And not just for domestic violence. Reuben managed to get arrested 3 times in a year. D-Jax and Reuben have absolutely nothing in common, narrative or reality. D-Jax had nothing to back up any narrative against him. Reuben has 3 arrests worth of proof backing up that he isn't worth the risk. That he even let her in the room same room after the first arrest shows he's a big enough knucklehead to not be worth it. He literally invited this whole situation.

Ok. this is obviously going nowhere. The Redskins are taking a chance with Reuben. Hope it works out. Sheesh!

12 minutes ago, kleese said:

I don't think they have any intention of using him or making him a true part of the team until there are answers. I think this is a "stash" move and nothing more. In that regard, I really think it's pretty smart. The downside is they have to deal with the media bashing and the like. But the truth is he won't even be around very much and he won't be on the field at all, so it will likely die down quite quickly. I don't think by claiming him the Redskins are sending any sort of message that domestic violence is OK or they don't care about it. That is a predictable headline-grabber take from talking heads. What they are saying is that they will take on some burden while his case plays out. If and when it is appropriate for him to play football again they think he can help the team. If it is not appropriate for him to play football anytime soon then so be it and they will stand by those decisions. 

If that is the way they play it, I guess I can see it. It's just this fanbase has had to endure so much drama. The one thing lately was that there was not the drama there had been for so many years. And now it seems they are bringing it back - regardless of if it's fair or not. This does bring drama to the team. I guess we will just have to see.

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

If that is the way they play it, I guess I can see it. It's just this fanbase has had to endure so much drama. The one thing lately was that there was not the drama there had been for so many years. And now it seems they are bringing it back - regardless of if it's fair or not. This does bring drama to the team. I guess we will just have to see.

This is the argument against bringing him in that I understand. Not the moral high ground. But from a PR/fan standpoint it could be a poor decision. They are on thin ice with many as it is and inviting this type of controversy may not be smart.

That said, if he is cleared and if he turns into a really good player that helps us win, it will likely put more fans in seats than the signing takes away now. 

One more thing to note which is why people shouldn’t rush to judgment. In the first accusation, the accusations recanted under oath. Now you might be skeptical of that, however she said her injuries were from a road rage fight/incident with another woman. Video of this later surfaced that corroborated her story and showed the physical altercation. In other words, the actual evidence suggests he did NOT assault her. Can we all deploy logic and surmise that Foster probably isn’t an angel and is almost certainly volatile and making poor choices? Yes, I’d think so. But volatile, stupid, immature, involved in a terrible relationship are all character flaws that differ greatly from being a violent offender against women. Sounds to me as if he is involved in a horrendous and damaging relationship with someone— someone who has admitted under oath to wanting to “end him” and was willing to lie to do so. Why have they stuck together? Well, that is a very good question. Im

guessing they are both in need of some serious help in that department. 

With respect to the idea that he should be allowed to work. 

Nobody is saying he should be prohibited from working. But fans can also have an opinion on whether they want him working on the team that they root for. Pro players rep your city. They're the public face and they wear your city's name on their uniform. People identify with their city and their NFL team. We wear the team's jerseys. We have pictures up in our houses. We dress our babies up in team onesies. I don't have a problem with people who aren't thrilled about being identified with what he did (if it turns out to be true). Even if he admits it, gets help, etc etc..

^ This doesn't happen to be how I feel about it. But I get it.

5 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Burden of proof is on the accused and again, the % of these cases being bs is minuscule 

In the “court” of public opinion?  Sure.  Otherwise this is the sort of argument that should be reserved for kangaroo courts with no real interest in accuracy.  % of cases being bs, is meaningless for individual cases.  How often does the government charge the wrong person for murder?  Should we just skip the trial step and save everyone time and money because accusations are so rarely wrong?  Obviously not.

That said a guilty verdict in court isnt everything.  Money buys a lot of things, and it certainly has been used to buy silence.  That’s seems to be how Greg Hardy got away with it.  It’s best to review everything and then make a decision.  Doing so worries me in this instance, because its hard to look at this situation and see Foster as a likely victim here.  The woman that accused him previously recanted, saying it was some sort of scheme to get money out of Foster.  But now the same woman is accusing him again?   Seems very suspicious to me that a totally innocent Foster would still associate with someone that had tried to ruin his career and extort him.  This is in addition to his various other issues.  

This looks like a bad move for the franchise.  Talent isn’t everything.

6 hours ago, joeken24 said:

This just in:

An NFL insider has reported that Tom Brady slapped the **** out of his baby momma and it wasn't Gisele. It is believed that police have placed Tom under arrest with a trail set for the same day as the the AFC Championship. Those close to the situation claim that Roger Goddell has issued a formal stay to the Boston courts which would allow for Brady to play the game. More to follow  as details become available. Moreover, it is rumored that Gisele Bundchen has filed a restraining order on Brady, claiming abuse and child endangerment stemming from an incident just moments after the news broke.

Tom Brady is one of only two players in NFL history to have won five Super Bowls and he is the only player to have won them all with a single franchise. Because of the many accolades many consider Brady to be among the greatest quarterbacks of all time. 

If a story came out like the above, how many of you quick to judge asses would go all in on this bull**** story? I suppose you'd need two to three more instances, right? After three reports, oh yea, Tom is officially a ****ed up guy? 

Or maybe you'd wait for the facts.

I understand your position here, but this is not an isolated incident, Foster has had a whole lot of other issues on top of this and that's the reason for the push back. If it was one accusation then sure, but 3 arrests in a year don't just happen for no reason.  The initial charge was recanted by the accuser, then they got back together. If he was falsely accused then why would he get back with her? I think it's much more likely that she recanted because she wanted to get back with an NFL player. 

I'm like another poster, kind of numb to the whole Redskins train wreck,  But this is a pretty desperate move for a team that deserves the PR hit.  It's like when Scott M preached only high character guys, then signs Junior Galette.  

Look at it this way:

Even if the charges against him are dropped, the NFL is going to investigate the incident and more likely than not suspend him at least 6 games.  Will the Redskins release him if the league suspends him?  If they do, what the hell was the point in claiming him off of waivers?

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Look at it this way:

Even if the charges against him are dropped, the NFL is going to investigate the incident and more likely than not suspend him at least 6 games.  Will the Redskins release him if the league suspends him?  If they do, what the hell was the point in claiming him off of waivers?

To call dibs on him when the dust settles I suppose.  He's not going to play for us this season no matter what.  I would imagine there will be some sort of suspension next season.  I guess we'll see how long it's for and if he's worth the roster spot.

I think we should cut him if the league and/or criminal investigation determines he's guilty.  We don't need someone who beats women representing our organization.

At the bare minimum, this dude is mentally weak and stupid, to continue to put himself in a position to have allegations like this brought against him.  At worst, he’s guilty of being a woman beater.  

Think about this for a moment, the Redskins were the only team willing to put a claim in for him.  That should tell you all you need to know.  

Go back and look at what Dan Snyder had to say after the Ray Rice ordeal.  Not a good look for him here.  Can’t say I’m surprised though.

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think we should cut him if the league and/or criminal investigation determines he's guilty.  We don't need someone who beats women representing our organization.

This is what makes this even more maddening.  Even if criminal charges against him are dropped or he's cleared, the league is still probably going to suspend him for a minimum of 6 games.  Which ups the heat on the Skins to release him.  So why the hell claim him in the first place?

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Think about this for a moment, the Redskins were the only team willing to put a claim in for him.  That should tell you all you need to know.   

Probably not that big a deal.  We have people who know him here and we can use that to absorb the PR hit better than others.  Plus we think we can give him a better environment here because of the Bama pipeline, and we will probably have an open job for him next season if his charge ends up being dropped.

It's not like any team in this league will turn down talent with a criminal history.

9 hours ago, Mooka said:

C'mon man, you're not just given a 2nd chance because. Its not a reward. 

Have to earn one first, do your time, restitution, etc. 

I didn't say there wouldn't be consequences, a fine, a suspension, but sure don't throw him out of the league unless he continues to be a problem.

Archived