Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Kenny Loggins Special

skins island connection

Who wins?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Monday Night football battle?

• Redskins
    • Eagles
    • The crippling yet unlikely tie.

This is the inevitable “get right” game for the Eagles. They’ll put it all together. We’ll do ok offensive, but defense again will fold. Tessitore and witten spend AT LEAST 10 minutes of game time when we’re down about 17 talking about what is now seemingly becoming a scandal in this Foster nonsense. Because we lose on, and off the field. Right Bruce?

final score, 35-21

8 minutes ago, zanshin said:

Make no mistake, code Red!!

Galdi just talking about this ironically on the radio.  I like Jay but didn't love him more or less saying this isn't a must win when asked, saying there is plenty of football left after that game -- its not a code red.  Usually games that aren't seen by this team as must wins -- don't end up well.  Maybe the Cowboys win yesterday will make this game feel like a must win a bit more.

But I do like the extra practices this week so hopefully they play with a sense of urgency.

If this team comes out flat-footed and gets man-handled all game, Gruden should not be allowed to get on the bus/plane home.

But I think we all know whats coming anyway. My confidence in this entire organization is spiraling downward, and has become so predictable on the field and has become so 'left field' in their off-field actions.

I'm beginning to look out for the book which will be coming out soon regarding the stumbles of the Redskins. And its a book!

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Galdi just talking about this ironically on the radio.  I like Jay but didn't love him more or less saying this isn't a must win when asked, saying there is plenty of football left after that game -- its not a code red.  Usually games that aren't seen by this team as must wins -- don't end up well.  Maybe the Cowboys win yesterday will make this game feel like a must win a bit more.

But I do like the extra practices this week so hopefully they play with a sense of urgency.

Well it’s not a code red or must win. Problem with calling a game must win as a coach is you are admitting the remaining games have no meaning if you lose. If we lose to the Eagles then the Giants game because a code red— or at least as close to being must win without technically being must win. They need to be 7-6 in two weeks to be in a good spot. Obviously if they are 8-5 they will be in a great spot. 

5 minutes ago, kleese said:

Well it’s not a code red or must win. Problem with calling a game must win as a coach is you are admitting the remaining games have no meaning if you lose. If we lose to the Eagles then the Giants game because a code red— or at least as close to being must win without technically being must win. They need to be 7-6 in two weeks to be in a good spot. Obviously if they are 8-5 they will be in a great spot. 

I get that. I can do the math, too.  I just didn't love Jay explaining more or less if they lose there is plenty of football left after that game if it doesn't go well.   Only reason being this team seems to let down some in games that are non must win games.  They seem at their best when they play upset with an edge especially after a loss or need a run to make the playoffs. 

Having said that, the extra practices might be a sign of a sense of urgency.  So maybe they do play with their hair on fire.

Note: I have the luxury of my organs making these picks with the knowledge that the Cowpies beat the Saints Thursday night... 

HEAD: Eagles 31 Redskins 20. This is exactly the type of game where the Redskins historically disappoint, at least in the last 20-30 years. Monday Night, must win to stay on top of the division, against a Divisional opponent. I've seen this movie before and I'll have my barf bag beside me.

HEART: Eagles 42 Redskins 10. First barf bag is full--on to the second...

This will go down as the worst loss of the season and not only signify the end of the season for the Redskins but prompt wholesale changes to the team in terms of coaching and front office leadership at the end of the season. Yeah, that bad....or that good, depending on how you view things currently. 

LIVER: Redskins 16 Eagles 14. Yay! The Redskins hang on to win as the Eagles kicker misses a field goal to win the game in this slugfest. Swearinger is once again "ok" with the team's practice habits this week...for now.

Yeah, I might skip this game... all the announcers are going to talk about his how great the cowboys have been playing, how bad the redskins defense has gotten, and the elephant in the room, Rueben Foster... coupled with the the fact I’ve got this penciled in as a loss, really don’t see anything enjoyable.

28-20 eagles.

Last night's Cowboys win is the final piece of evidence our season is over, and our record on MNF is PUTRID.

34-13 Eagles.

And Gruden gets Chris Thompson re-injured by repeatedly going to him over the middle in the final minutes of the 4th quarter to prevent losing by over 30 points.

7 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Last night's Cowboys win is the final piece of evidence our season is over, and our record on MNF is PUTRID.

34-13 Eagles.

And Gruden gets Chris Thompson re-injured by repeatedly going to him over the middle in the final minutes of the 4th quarter to prevent losing by over 30 points.

So pathetically sad watching the POS Girls make Bree's look pedestrian.  Are they really that ****ing good?  It's news to me.  I hate them but guess what?  They apparently rise to the occasion and take the opportunity.  Not the Skins. 

This team wilts in any prime time opportunity.   CT is a chandelier.  But agreed about the way they use him.  Couple of time Alex threw passes that got some of our

guys crushed.  

I thought we might win this game but given last night's outcome, and the doubling down on pressure, which our guys can't seem to handle, I give the win to the Eagles.  

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Why does no one have hope..or even think we stand a chance?...we(sorry, the Redskins)shock the worl..es community and get a win..on the road...on Monday night

Our prime time record is atrocious of late, Colt did not look good last week, AP is starting to show signs of fatigue and the chemistry on defense just hasn't been right since HaHa took yo draft pick Dix joined the team. Also is it me or does Gruden look really dejected on the sidelines ?

It's prime time and I'm thinking of which player will step up and be prime time.... and I honestly can't think of one.  Maybe Kerrigan.  I'm sticking with my prediction that Colt gets sacked 8 times.  Philly will bring the heat early and not stop until they get burned by it.  There's just nothing left to fear about our offense.

Throwing 3 picks, it’s hard to make an argument McCoy played well vs Dallas.  However, considering the Saints only scored 10, and our October meeting with them saw our O score 13 (and we had a turnover to work with)... Colt essentially putting up 24 with no turnovers to work with, no run game, and only 3 points in ‘garbage time’... that’s not bad at all.  

Obviously, if scoring that many points comes with 3 turnovers, well, we’re very unlikely to win that type of game.  If McCoy can score 24+ and limit the turnovers, we’ve got a shot.  If our run game can tick up a bit, and our D can pick up turnovers, I think we have a shot with this schedule.  Not holding my breath of course.  

25 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Our prime time record is atrocious of late, Colt did not look good last week, AP is starting to show signs of fatigue and the chemistry on defense just hasn't been right since HaHa took yo draft pick Dix joined the team. Also is it me or does Gruden look really dejected on the sidelines ?

Tom Brady wouldn't have looked good if it was him instead of Colt not having time to practice

Come on really, I mean really there is very little chance we win this. 

The debates are is this a must win, YOUR DANG RIGHT IT IS! Fastest way to win your Division is to beat the teams in your division, so yes this is a must win game! 

However we just don’t have the juice...the coaching staff has been figured out, and we are injured (again) without a legit NFL starting QB at the helm, and without a legit #1 WR. 

Eagles: 32

Redskins: 12 

Colt throws 3 INT’s and no TD’s 

43 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

It's going to be ugly, for Philly and their fans ;)

There we go!!..come on people let's get up n go!!.. team Redskins if you read this, please win...please play with all your heart...play passionate with your hair on fire, beat the man in front of you and play with ****ing pride 110 all the way every play..GO GET EM REDSKINS AND BEAT DOWN PHILLY...we can do this folks.. Chris Thompson has done it before..been there done that..the silver back is going to man handle them as well as the rest of our o line.. gruden pulls some **** out of his ass(couple years ago in NY fake punt for a first down)we know he has it him COME ON GRUDEN GET THE **** UP AND DO SOMETHING AND BEAT PHILLY!!!..dj has the d fired up and ready to take back this division that was meant to be ours from the beggining and we win in Monday putting us back in the driver's seat.. or at least in the passenger seat which is fine with me just makes for a more interesting end to a season... PLAYOFFS START NOW SKINS..PLAY LIKE IT!!!..HTTR AND **** THE EAGLES!!!

Archived