Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Kenny Loggins Special

skins island connection

Who wins?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Monday Night football battle?

• Redskins
    • Eagles
    • The crippling yet unlikely tie.

Well, I am pissed !

I was in the 'Best/Worst Season ' thread, commenting on the 91' Redskins, and I began to drift back in time, a time where Gibbs would strategize the offense, Pettibone would scheme up a stout defense, and before I could get comfy in my chair the Redskins would already be up 14-0 on an opponent.

%*@@# B%%&#$*, why in the hell can't this organization ever hire people who know what the hell they are doing?!  Why, why, does it have to come down to week 17, and needing 3 or 4 teams to lose and somehow the Redskins can back-door into the playoffs, only to be promptly bounced out?  Don't worry, these were rhetorical questions, I know the answers.

29 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

The Eagles fans have been on IG and Twitter saying this will be Monday Night Massacre Part 2.  I hope they are proved wrong.

I can’t help but feel the same way.  It feels like a game where the wheels fall off and rejuvenates the Eagles season, atleast for a week.  The Cowboys win and our own drama has given the week a negative vibe.

Eagles are 6.5 point favorites and they never cover the spread.  Logic says this should be a close game.  But it ‘feels’ like it has the making of a blowout.

Nothing would make me more happy at this point in the season than to get a W and continue pretending though.

Outside of our actual record, this all feels similar to end of season 2009 and 2013 with all the drama off the field and declining performance on it 

i just can’t see how anyone can predict a Skins win. Outside of the secondary and RB, i don’t see anywhere else where we have an advantage and those advantages aren’t even all that big to me 

On 11/30/2018 at 7:41 AM, skins island connection said:

If this team comes out flat-footed and gets man-handled all game, Gruden should not be allowed to get on the bus/plane home.

I couldn't agree more skins island. If he can't get his team up for a divisional game that could end up deciding the division and playoffs, then he needs to stay in Philly.

On 11/30/2018 at 7:39 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Jay but didn't love him more or less saying this isn't a must win when asked, saying there is plenty of football left after that game -- its not a code red. 

I'm not sure if Jay is this naive or if he's trying to keep the pressure off the players. Make no mistake Jay Gruden, this game is huge, it is a must win, and there is not plenty of football left as close as this playoff race is. The #1 goal is, win this division Jay!

On 11/30/2018 at 9:02 PM, skins island connection said:

Well, I am pissed !

I was in the 'Best/Worst Season ' thread, commenting on the 91' Redskins, and I began to drift back in time, a time where Gibbs would strategize the offense, Pettibone would scheme up a stout defense, and before I could get comfy in my chair the Redskins would already be up 14-0 on an opponent.

%*@@# B%%&#$*, why in the hell can't this organization ever hire people who know what the hell they are doing?!  Why, why, does it have to come down to week 17, and needing 3 or 4 teams to lose and somehow the Redskins can back-door into the playoffs, only to be promptly bounced out?  Don't worry, these were rhetorical questions, I know the answers.

For real! What the hail happened to that warrior mentality at the most important time of the season. I will never forget the battle for this division in 1983, when we went down to Dallas in camouflage and absolutely rolled them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1983/12/12/redskins-leave-dallas-heart-in-31-easy-pieces/879e0850-526e-458a-850c-3642f5bdac8c/?utm_term=.876e08de9ad8

"We came prepared for a battle," said Redskin linebacker Rich Milot, explaining why two dozen Redskins left their three-piece suits in the closet this weekend and chose to wear Army surplus camouflage fatigues.

Seeing all that khaki and green and all those paratrooper boots and Special Forces berets--these warriors had been to John Riggins' tailor--someone asked Milot what country the Redskins were prepared to take.

"I guess we invaded Dallas today," he said.

Washington 31, Dallas 10.

41 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

For real! What the hail happened to that warrior mentality at the most important time of the season. I will never forget the battle for this division in 1983, when we went down to Dallas in camouflage and absolutely rolled them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1983/12/12/redskins-leave-dallas-heart-in-31-easy-pieces/879e0850-526e-458a-850c-3642f5bdac8c/?utm_term=.876e08de9ad8

"We came prepared for a battle," said Redskin linebacker Rich Milot, explaining why two dozen Redskins left their three-piece suits in the closet this weekend and chose to wear Army surplus camouflage fatigues.

Seeing all that khaki and green and all those paratrooper boots and Special Forces berets--these warriors had been to John Riggins' tailor--someone asked Milot what country the Redskins were prepared to take.

"I guess we invaded Dallas today," he said.

Washington 31, Dallas 10.

I’m not knocking your faith but it is ironic you pick out an example of something that happened 35 years ago.

By the way, that was the same game as  “No Danny No” being yelled by Tom Landry as Cowboys went for it on 4th and 1, isn’t it?

Ahhh...the days I was actually proud to be a Redskins’ fan.

Just now, Csup said:

I’m not knocking your faith but it is ironic you pick out an example of something that happened 35 years ago.

By the way, that was the same game as  “No Danny No” being yelled by Tom Landry as Cowboys went for it on 4th and 1, isn’t it?

Ahhh...the days I was actually proud to be a Redskins’ fan.

Exactly! How sweet it was to go into games expecting to win, knowing this team is going to be well prepared for whoever we play.

I love the optimism that some of you have.  I wish I still had it, too.  Unfortunately, we took a pathetic offense, removed the better QB and the only downfield threat.  Now were playing again on national TV in a game we need to win.  On the road.

I'm working from home tomorrow night and I may still turn this one off early, which hasn't happened more than 3 times in 30 years.

Redskins :13

Fleabags: 31

Norman and Clinton-Dix are going to get used like a roll of paper towels at an adult movie store.

9 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

I love the optimism that some of you have.  I wish I still had it, too.  Unfortunately, we took a pathetic offense, removed the better QB and the only downfield threat.  Now were playing again on national TV in a game we need to win.  On the road.

I'm working from home tomorrow night and I may still turn this one off early, which hasn't happened more than 3 times in 30 years.

Redskins :13

Fleabags: 31

Norman and Clinton-Dix are going to get used like a roll of paper towels at an adult movie store.

Lmao sempre, damn. I know I should be nervous but I'm not. I'm confident that not only will we win, but we will beat Philly by double digits.

18 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

Lmao sempre, damn. I know I should be nervous but I'm not. I'm confident that not only will we win, but we will beat Philly by double digits.

That's a bold statement mate. A real bold one.

Early this week I was confident we could sneak in and W the game.

But with all the crap we've seen flying this week regarding the PR debacle over Foster and that nobod in the FO stepped in but Gruden, I'm not so sure we even stand a chance.

OK we've got some good news with CT being back. But we've also got Reed and Quinn listed as Questionable. Not sure Quinn is due to his ankle earlier this week, but I don't really remember them being injured last week.

This whole week seemed to have been revolving over the Foster story and not prepping that important game. With coaches disagreeing about it, the whole story took some time out of them, less gameplanning and so on. Players are probably spending time talking about it... So I'm not sure we'll have our heads into the game on monday night.

Doing what you are expecting would require a really strongwilled team. One with lots of pride and character. We've shown some will, some pride, some grit at points during the game. But we've also shown the exact opposite many times as well.

I'm not confident either.

If we want to win, we need to keep it as low scored as possible, just like the Cowboys did with the Saints. If it turns out we're gonna need 25+ points to W, then you bet we're gonna lose it.

28 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

If we want to win, we need to keep it as low scored as possible, just like the Cowboys did with the Saints. If it turns out we're gonna need 25+ points to W, then you bet we're gonna lose it.

Your right Wildbunny, it is a very bold statement and I see it happening. I agree with you about our defense, and believe they will tighten things up. That embarrassment in Dallas hurt some pride, and I don't think it's going to happen again in Philly. I didn't know about Reed and hope to God he is playing, because we are not facing an elite defense like we played the last 2 weeks. They are more beat up than our offense and we will put points on the board and control the clock. Don't be surprised if we put up 30 plus, if penalties were called in Dallas, which they never are as the Saints experienced as well, we would have hit at least 30 points, and that was without a play maker like CT. 

18 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I miss the days of being confident. For those who were not around for that era, it was like Christmas morning every Sunday, and Monday.

Over the last couple years, who has been the one player who has always given us fits?

I'll give you a hint; it rhymes with " Tack Hurts ".

If Manusky and Gruden haven't dedicated time and scheme to shut him down, he will be the difference-maker.

So we'll see if they did their homework.

Alot of good valid points here from folks on the Redskins/this game. We've had however many days it's been to prepare and practice for this game and I guess other than Swearinger calling out the defense I feel there's been nothing really positive from the team scince the turkey day loss. No kind of positive report about Colt and the receives.. nothing about Crowder really....that foster situation is ugly..well I mean alot of negativity towards the team for it.. rightfully so. And I feel it's left the Redskins players in an uncomfortable feeling. The Redskins have to be fired up for this game.. tempers flaring at midfield in pre game.. qb rallying his crew/dj doing his thing with the d, if I don't see this stuff pre game it shows me there coming out flat which isn't a good way to start the game.

Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion, rightfully so but I really question some of y'all's passion, it has me feeling there's no hope..well that and I'm used to Redskins football...time to prepare, huge HUGE MUST WIN game and they come out flat as **** and get there ass's handed to them. So it leaves me at which way to feel?.. extremely pumped confident we got this beat em down skins..orrrrr nervous as **** with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye worried as ****. I have noticed in times past if I go into the game hum ho ya ya ya we aren't good don't stand a chance the skins suprise me and win.. I kind of call it reverse psychology. So as usual I'll be watching the game with my family and if I go into my dad's house with the"reverse psychology" attitude he'll just ask me to leave..he won't put up with it. So I'm setting the tone for the game now and thats.....I'll stay confident we have a chance based on how we have delt with games coming from a loss. If we win we win if we lose we lose and I'll be right back for another Redskins game. 

Archived