Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Kenny Loggins Special

skins island connection

Who wins?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Monday Night football battle?

• Redskins
    • Eagles
    • The crippling yet unlikely tie.

12 hours ago, kleese said:

Exactly... sort of. But think about this... 

NOLA beats Dallas

Philly beats us 

Everyone is 6-6

Then Giants beat Redskins

Let’s say Eagles best Cowboys 

Then it would be 

Eagles 7-6

Redskins 6-7

Cowboys 6-7 

Man, that scenario would suck.

Like past years, having to win the remaining games and hope for some help; to scratch and claw, pray and curse, for a possibility to maybe somehow miraculously squeak into the playoffs, only to be ****-slapped and curb stomped in the wildcard round.

And that is IF the team makes it in.

For once, just once, I'd like to see this team make the playoffs without it having to come down to a multitude of scenarios, to win the division without it needing to come down to the final week, but this is what Gruden and the Redskins are.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:37 AM, Smurf3 said:

Got a kick out of Gruden saying that he is going to take full advantage of the 1 extra day of practice going from a Thurs game to a Monday game 11 days later. "Practice is the key (paraphrase)", said Gruden. My question is, what in the Sam Hill does a pro football team do and why only 1 extra day of practice if practice is the key?

Eagles 24

Reskins 10.

566602552_tp.jpg

Allen Iverson delivers emotional half time speech to rally the Skins.

Skins 20

Iggles 17

Police arrests: 8

23 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This would be more likely a lose if it was at home, we do better in road Monday night games overall then at FedEx.  Philly has been terrible with turnover this years win that battle we win this game

2 of our 4 losses we have won the turnover battle.  I wouldn't be so confident the offense will do anything with the turnovers

Eagles will win to make this a three way tie, basically pinning the Skins as the 3rd seed in the East. Going one step further, the Giants will eventually over take us and we will claim what is rightfully ours...the last place seat in the NFC East.

Perfect storm of playing the cowboys on thanksgiving, now 1-8 all time and then what looks like a mini bye to prepare for the eagles. Except it’s gruden and the redskins in philly on MNF. This game will make the Michael Vick Monday Night game look like child’s play. Over 100 points scored in 2 of last 3 MNF games but they all belong to the eagles.

Skins 0 eagles 101 

43 minutes ago, SkinsFanPA said:

2-14 in our last 16 on MNF.

On the road.

With a back-up QB.

Why not.

Redskins 21

Eagles 17

I don't understand how this team who has had multiple coaches, different captains, and has changed over almost completely 3-4 times in that timeframe is so consistently bad on MNF. It really defies any logic...

And I get it, people are going to say "it starts with the owner" or "**** trickles down hill" and that's true. But that still does explain why we cannot win on MNF. The same owner was here for big, late-season wins. Why is MNF such an insurmountable mountain?

I am about as certain as ever that we lose this game - and lose badly. But if - if they figure out a way to win it could really be a huge launching point to finish the season strong. 

I just do not see it. Everything about this game plays into Jay's worst traits - prime time disasters, lackluster performance out of a bye or long break, MNF disasters. There is just nothing that suggests the team will be ready to play. I really hope they surprise me. I am extremely tired of these prime time disasters. I have at least stopped being delusional enough to think we will really win. This way it's a nice surprise if they do somehow win. 

23 minutes ago, Mooka said:

We're a losing football team in the Dan Snyder era. 138-176-1

Not 2-14 bad but obviously more likely to face a good team on mnf.

Right..that's what I'm trying to bridge...

As you pointed out, in a typical 16-game sample we are likely to win 6-7 games. Why are we so drastically bad on MNF?

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Eagles will win to make this a three way tie, basically pinning the Skins as the 3rd seed in the East. Going one step further, the Giants will eventually over take us and we will claim what is rightfully ours...the last place seat in the NFC East.

So the giants (at 3-8) are somehow going to get FOUR more wins to pass us? 😂😂😂😂😂 Yeah. Alright. I doubt They get that 4th win this weekend, they’re playing the bears. They could get win #4 against us. MAYBE. They won’t get win #5 against the titans. Or the colts. And definitely not against Dallas week 17. 

Yep, giants are staying in the basement right where they belong. 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Right..that's what I'm trying to bridge...

As you pointed out, in a typical 16-game sample we are likely to win 6-7 games. Why are we so drastically bad on MNF?

I bet our record against winning teams is closer to 2-14 then 6-10.

And our divisional record? Probably not that great either. Cant research it atm at work.

MNF you're just more likely to play a good team or division rival.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't understand how this team who has had multiple coaches, different captains, and has changed over almost completely 3-4 times in that timeframe is so consistently bad on MNF. It really defies any logic...

And I get it, people are going to say "it starts with the owner" or "**** trickles down hill" and that's true. But that still does explain why we cannot win on MNF. The same owner was here for big, late-season wins. Why is MNF such an insurmountable mountain?

Ummm...maybe, JUST MAYBE it has to do with having QBs that suck, and a defense that sucks, and this team having ZERO consistent playmakers? 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

I bet our record against winning teams is closer to 2-14 then 6-10.

And our divisional record? Probably not that great either. Cant research it atm at work.

MNF you're just more likely to play a good team or division rival.

I guess - it still seems like a pretty drastic deviation from the rest of what we do. 

Of those 16, we are 2-7 in the division and 0-7 vs. everyone else (Panthers, Steelers x2, Chiefs, Saints, Seahawks, and 49ers). 

I suppose you're right...those teams are all clearly pretty good teams. I think the Panthers were down the year we played them, but still...at best that's a push for us. And 2-7 in the division is a little lower than normal, but not ridiculously out of whack. 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ummm...maybe, JUST MAYBE it has to do with having QBs that suck, and a defense that sucks, and this team having ZERO consistent playmakers? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, not the direction I wanted to go. I was never contending that we should be 14-2, just that 2-14 is so much worse than what we are over any other 16-game season, so why is it that much tougher for us on MNF. 

3 hours ago, SkinsFanPA said:

2-14 in our last 16 on MNF.

Considering this dynamic is very public nationally these day (in the past it seemed to be a local topic) with ESPN even running a humorous bit about whether the Redskins should be outlawed from MNF -- wonder if that makes this feel to the Eagles like its a trap game?    Eagles are already if I recall 7 point favorites - and were 4 point favorites the week before playing the lowly Giants,

Actually in all seriousness, all of that might give the Redskins an edge heading into this game.  I think by now they get that some of the fan base and national pundits see them as a bit of a joke in a high stakes game on national TV.  So wonder if that gives them a good edgy underdog mindset.

I loved when Swearinger was posed the stakes behind this eagles game and was asked whether he agrees the stakes are that high and he said he thinks its even higher.  I like that Jay is running an extra practice this week.  Maybe all of it is a good omen.

I am sticking with a Redskins win if Thompson plays, loss if he doesn't play.

This is a game where Colt has to shine.  This is his opportunity going against a secondary that literally has players that were not playing anywhere a couple of weeks ago.  And no excuse from our receivers either, they need to separate and they need to catch the ball.  To me this is the season in this game so I can't pick against us.

Redskins 28

Eagles 20

Honestly I think one reason this team has been so bad on MNF in the last 10-20 seasons is because they are very undeserving of getting the prime time spots to begin with.  I read a statistic a few years ago that NFC East teams tend to draw good ratings.  Every team in the division has a good historical rivalry with each other. Regardless of which two teams are playing each other, there always seems to be a rich and historic storyline to go with the game. Couple that with the fact that in the last 20 seasons, the division seems to be one where it is either jam packed really tight, or one team runs away with it from the start, and the other three are mediocre.

The NFL is about ratings for prime time games, so if the 'Skins draw well despite being mediocre, they are undeservedly being thrown into prime time games, often against better teams.

That said, I am picking the 'Skins to win because I am desperate as a fan to see something different for a change, they as a team should be even more desperate for a win. Nope, I ain't got another reason.

'Skins 24

Eagles 21.

Our defense is extremely hungry and especially with swearinger calling them out.. and I hope he called them out on the practice field.. you watch our defense is going to feast on them.. Norman with a pic and a punch out...yep that's right it's all right there for us to lose and we are the Redskins so everybody knows what to expect...but not here.not this baked tater... Doctson and Reed combine for three and a half touchdowns and Chris Thompson returns with a touchdown.. Kerrigan gets another pick-six this time in their house and our defense dominates..we win!

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Giants struggled in the 2nd half in key plays trying to stop Adams.  The Redskins defense needs to wake up in this game and stop the run for a change.

NY could have taken Adams out of the game if they would have continued what Philly couldn't stop. Couldn't agree more about this defense, they shut down some of the best running backs in the game. I don't know what happened to them lately. Our playoff hopes depends on our defense, if they play well, we will win the division.

53 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Our defense is extremely hungry and especially with swearinger calling them out.. and I hope he called them out on the practice field.. you watch our defense is going to feast on them..

I'm with ya tater, I don't see them laying another egg on prime time. They will get a couple picks off Wentz.

Archived