Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: Time to Put Up Or Shut Up

skins island connection

Who wins the battle of Cowboys and Redskins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this heated game?

5 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Let's see. 3 O lineman out, top receiver out and we are on a backup QB and we have Jay leading us on the road with no time for Colt to adjust, with Dallas smelling blood. Hmm.

Adjust? Colt’s been running Gruden’s offense since 2014. If anything, Gruden can open up the playbook with him since he knows it so well. 

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, Idaho fan said:

Surprised so many pick the Skins after a loss... typically its pick against the skins after a loss and pick them after a win around here.

Im guessing its because Colt came in and brought a spark.  Many thinking he is better than Alex...  Guess Im in the minority.  I think Colt is good in spot action.  Not as a starter.  Sure he has won games before as a starter so maybe Im wrong but I don't think he has it.  Will throw for more yards but will ultimately make mistakes costing the Skins this game.  Hope Im wrong and hope the Skins will continue to lead the NFCE.

24-17 Dallas

For me Colt is not really a factor in my prediction.  It is just a gut feeling.  Too many seem to be backing Dallas (so called experts), it just seems prime for home let down.  Lets hope so.  Looking forward to the 'Mouth' giving Skip a hard time. ☺️

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Skins: 28

cowboys: 10

also, i just saw on Twitter that Jerry Jones apparently thinks the cowboys would have a shot against the chiefs or rams, and that skip bayless says he isn’t wrong...😂😂😂😂😂

Jerruh kind of sounds like some baked tater around here lol

saying he could beat the Rams and chiefs, he's already overlooking the saints LOL... Which means he's over looking us..lol god I love ya jerruh..

5 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Colt is confident.

The team is confident.

I’m confident.

Nevertheless, the Cowboys are a different, better team at home...particularly the defense.  We will need some magic to steal it, and Im not sure we can muster that in 3 three days.

Boys 27

Skins 23

Love the Skins +7.5, btw.

I understand the logic behind the thinking, I was kinda thinking that myself.  On the other side, they don't really have time to think about it and let it settle in, there's no time to overanalyze where they are, they just gotta get in there and fight.  

I keep telling myself that anyway.  If Colt can get it done this week, he truly earns the nickname, Marlboro Man, the Cowboy Killer.  

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

also, i just saw on Twitter that Jerry Jones apparently thinks the cowboys would have a shot against the chiefs or rams, and that skip bayless says he isn’t wrong...😂😂😂😂😂

Well if I'm an owner of a team, I would say the same thing.  Bayless is just a huge fan, so of course he's drinking the Kool Aid.

This one is a tough game to call. Literally EVERYONE is picking the girls to win.. except us homers here :)

I think the defense will do well but they'll be hard pressed to hold that big headed mutant elliot to 33 yards again.

Hopefully they come out fired up and send that ewok back home with another loss. If the skins can contain him, they win. If he gets rolling and scores a TD or two, we're gonna have a hard time.

At least Reed is healthy and Colt is comfortable with him, Same with Doctson it appears. So, there's some reason to feel good about this one. AP also ran for close to 100 against their defense last time, so that is a bonus as well.. Plus I don't see how Colt can play any worse than Alex did the whole season. Pretty hard to out-bad 175 yards and just over 1 td a game.

The Redskins are 3-1 on the road this year, and 6-2 vs nfc teams.

Hopefully the skins roll in this one 27-20.

I have a good feeling about his one.  Zeke will get his, Dak won’t, and Skins win on big D behind a 400 yard, 3TD 1 INT performance from Colt McCoy

31-24

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Colt leads a game winning driving in the ****hole known as Jerruh World.

Skins - 24

Cows - 23

Blast the Cowboys all you, Jerry World is a phenomenal facility.

58-11 in favor of the Redskins!!??  This is definitely a Redskins message board.  They have been utterly owned by the Cowboy for multiple years, which makes 58-11 sound kind of delusional.  

Dallas will either win in a blowout or in some gut-wrenching, controversial, soul-sucking way.  Whatever has to happen for the Cowboys to win will happen.  This, sadly, is the Redskins way.  Regardless, I'm looking forward to the game, because I really believe the Redskins can win...but they won't.

Cowboys 24

Redskins 20

19 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

58-11 in favor of the Redskins!!??  This is definitely a Redskins message board.  They have been utterly owned by the Cowboy for multiple years, which makes 58-11 sound kind of delusional.  

Dallas will either win in a blowout or in some gut-wrenching, controversial, soul-sucking way.  Whatever has to happen for the Cowboys to win will happen.  This, sadly, is the Redskins way.  Regardless, I'm looking forward to the game, because I really believe the Redskins can win...but they won't.

Cowboys 24

Redskins 20

You had me at I really believe the Redskins can win..

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Totally delusional that is what they are.  They can start in two Sundays against NO.  LOL.  in the meantime the 5 teams they have beaten have a combine record of 18-34

On one hand, you look at this game between the Cowboys and Redskins and you say to yourself " in divisional games ya never know what'll happen", and usually these types of games do end up being wild crazy unpredictable games with some highlights to make both sides smile.

On the other hand, you look at the board and do the math; 3 o-linemen out as well as a bunch of other starters, coming off a heartbreaking loss, on the road, short week, trying to stay atop the NFCE, on national tv, back-up QB, and you say to yourself " how on earth do they have a chance?"

Consider this; Dallas isn't flat-out looking past the Redskins to their next opponent the Saints, there's not been any chatter about it, but it is on their minds.

Now, the way I see it, the Redskins have nothing to lose. Most everyone is writing them off for the year, yet there's been no consideration of how Colt came into the Texans game and brought the team back from a fairly high point margin, considering the team had  not done this all season. Yes they want to keep first place in hand but as I said, everyone is not even thinking about the Redskins, they're practically giving the division to Dallas now.

So let Colt free. Let him attack the secondary, make the defense respect the big play at any moment. The pressure is all on Dallas to back up what the media is saying, and if the players simply do their jobs, don't try to be a hero, don't commit stupid penalties { yes I'm talking to YOU, Norman }, and don't get caught flat-footed, the Redskins will walk out of the stadium 12-13 points ahead.

Archived