Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: Time to Put Up Or Shut Up

skins island connection

Who wins the battle of Cowboys and Redskins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this heated game?

3 hours ago, markmills67 said:

No way we win this game after the absolutely atrocious refereeing decisions against the Texans. The NFL don't want our Redskins anywhere near the play-offs. 

Referees(sorry Cowboys) 30 Redskins 17

HTTR 

Because I am a REALISTIC this scenario has played out over n over in my head.. unfortunately..

15 hours ago, skins island connection said:

So. Now the Redskins play the Cowboys, on turkey day, with the winner having an edge, if slight.

You do such a good job with these threads, but I want to amend one thing...

If Dallas wins, they do have a slight edge. But if we win this game, we make it virtually impossible for the Cowboys to win the division (2.5 games back with 5 to go - the next one vs. NO). So, this is our chance to step on their throats and end this little two-week mirage they've had. 

I'm VERY nervous about their running game though, for two reasons: 

1) This iteration of the Cowboys (Dak & Zeke) traditionally has success running on us

2) We haven't looked like the same rush defense that shut them down for a few weeks now

I also think they are stronger at home in general. 

I want this win SO badly and I think we show up. But I see them moving the ball and getting points. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar script to this past Sunday where we fall behind and then buckle down a little. Unfortunately, I can't envision us walking off that field at 7-4 (3-0 in the East) and dropping them to 5-6. I hope I'm wrong, but I see:

Dallas 26

Redskins 17

It'll be a one-score game in the fourth and we'll have the ball. But similar to last week, I see us not being able to convert and having to punt. Then, the Cowboys will do enough to kick a FG and put the game away in the final 3-4 minutes. 

16 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

If Dallas wins, they do have a slight edge. But if we win this game, we make it virtually impossible for the Cowboys to win the division (2.5 games back with 5 to go - the next one vs. NO). So, this is our chance to step on their throats and end this little two-week mirage they've had. 

1) This iteration of the Cowboys (Dak & Zeke) traditionally has success running on us

2) We haven't looked like the same rush defense that shut them down for a few weeks now

I want this win SO badly and I think we show up. But I see them moving the ball and getting points. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar script to this past Sunday where we fall behind and then buckle down a little. Unfortunately, I can't envision us walking off that field at 7-4 (3-0 in the East) and dropping them to 5-6. I hope I'm wrong, but I see:

Dallas 26

Redskins 17

It'll be a one-score game in the fourth and we'll have the ball. But similar to last week, I see us not being able to convert and having to punt. Then, the Cowboys will do enough to kick a FG and put the game away in the final 3-4 minutes. 

i posted this in another thread, but back in 2014 the Cowboys were 6-1 going into the game with the Redskins.

DeMarco Murray had rushed for 913 yards in those 7 games.

He would end up rushing for over 1,800 yards for the season.

He rushed for 141 yards in the game against the Redskins.

The Redskins still won.

They did it with defense and turnovers, with jussst enough of a run game, and with Colt being an incredibly efficient game manager after starting off shaky.

That's been the Skins' formula pretty much all season this year lol...

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

i posted this in another thread, but back in 2014 the Cowboys were 6-1 going into the game with the Redskins.

DeMarco Murray had rushed for 913 yards in those 7 games.

He would end up rushing for over 1,800 yards for the season.

He rushed for 141 yards in the game against the Redskins.

The Redskins still won.

They did it with defense and turnovers, with jussst enough of a run game, and with Colt being an incredibly efficient game manager after starting off shaky.

That's been the Skins' formula pretty much all season this year lol...

I think a win is possible, don't get me wrong. It's less the 60 minute matchup and just the utter shock I'd have to look up at 7:30 or 8pm on Thursday and have us in complete control of the NFC East. That just doesn't seem to happen for us even in years when we do win the division. 

Surprised so many pick the Skins after a loss... typically its pick against the skins after a loss and pick them after a win around here.

Im guessing its because Colt came in and brought a spark.  Many thinking he is better than Alex...  Guess Im in the minority.  I think Colt is good in spot action.  Not as a starter.  Sure he has won games before as a starter so maybe Im wrong but I don't think he has it.  Will throw for more yards but will ultimately make mistakes costing the Skins this game.  Hope Im wrong and hope the Skins will continue to lead the NFCE.

24-17 Dallas

What I see in this game?  I see the refs screwing us in at least two huge plays.  I see our D getting burned  in at least 4 plays 3 by Zeke and one by Dak because he escaped being sack by 3 of our guys and gets a critical 3rd down and long.  And I see Colt methodically moving the ball on this Dallas D something that Alex has not done all year.  Because of the refs once again we lose this one. This league needs the cowboys in the post season.

I’m glad everyone is feeling confident I wish I was. 

I just feel feel it’s too much against us. Short week, on the road, Thanksgiving Day game, Colt being the Qb, Cowboys with momentum, and now Cooper. Just seems to historically add up to a Redskins loss.....I hope I’m wrong going to have a house full of people watching this game, including my massive cowboy fan mother (she is from Texas) 

It just seems too good to be true that we might actually be better with Colt and beat our rivals on a Holiday.

Redskins: 18

Cowboys: 28 

I don't expect us to win in Dallas on Thanksgiving, I think its a bit much to ask with everything that's going on but even with a loss to Dallas, I think we can get healthier and rack up enough wins to take the division, Dallas plays the Saints the following week.

Its a must win for them but not so much for us, that coupled with the fact we have been scared of success and don't know how to handle these situations makes it hard for me to think we come away with the win, but by no means is the season over with a loss.

8 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Dallas 26

Redskins 17

Why thank you !

But, the 'slight advantage' I referred to IMO was accurate for this reason;

If the Redskins win, I smell a huge letdown against the Eagles. I know they're blowing dog right now, but just the vibe of not playing them yet knowing they want to play the spoiler role, AND its on a Monday Night [ you know we play so wonderful on Monday nights ]  not to mention the Jags and Titans make me nervous because they're so erratic, and both could be battling for a division title with Houston, so they'll pull out the back of their playbooks to win. Desperation time.

If Dallas wins, they really only have the Colts to deal with, their other games look to be easy wins for them.

But none of this matters if Colt seizes his moment and is allowed to play the game. If Gruden doesn't hamstring him with conservative playcalling, then Colt will be the feel good story for this team. Right now Gruden will probably call a conservative game and hope for the best, he doesn't want to give up the lead in the division, but he does get very predictable in his play calling, and that could feed right into Dallas' hands.

5 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Surprised so many pick the Skins after a loss... typically its pick against the skins after a loss and pick them after a win around here.

Im guessing its because Colt came in and brought a spark.  Many thinking he is better than Alex...  Guess Im in the minority.  I think Colt is good in spot action.  Not as a starter.  Sure he has won games before as a starter so maybe Im wrong but I don't think he has it.  Will throw for more yards but will ultimately make mistakes costing the Skins this game.  Hope Im wrong and hope the Skins will continue to lead the NFCE.

24-17 Dallas

There are probably a decent number of back-ups in the league who could turn out to be at least average QBs if the job is given to them and that particular team goes through its ups and downs until they build around him. Stuff like that would take a few years to really determine it though.

Bad thing is its a win-now league, and its rare for a back-up nowadays to climb out of the back-up position and succeed. Brady is the exception to the rule, but then again I think that's right about the time where the league was changing to this win-now era.

It would be the same scenario had it been Smith; build around the QB, complement his attributes. But smith was too wary of attacking downfield.

Elliot had his worst game of the year against us earlier this year. 33 rushing, and 9 yards receiving. I do think we can shut him down, and that will be the focus, but they'll try to get him more involved with passes this time. Actually, I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm going to go with the same score as last game: Redskins 20-17.

The big concern for me is the defense has been gashed a little bit with the running game the past couple of weeks. We currently rank 18th in yards per carry defense this season. Maybe the young DL are starting to wear down? On the bright side this defensive unit forces turnovers. LOTS of turnovers. I think it is another close low scoring game. But it is tough to go against Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Dallas: 20

Skins: 17

Archived