Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: Time to Put Up Or Shut Up

skins island connection

Who wins the battle of Cowboys and Redskins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this heated game?

11 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Cowboys fans are really ****y right now,Talking about Redskins have no chance with Colt...I have a feeling they are gonna be very upset by the end of the night..

I really hope so. I mean, 6 years to the day of our beatdown on them (the final score doesn't exactly indicate how badly we destroyed them, at all), why can't it happen again?? **** em. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I really hope so. I mean, 6 years to the day of our beatdown on them (the final score doesn't exactly indicate how badly we destroyed them, at all), why can't it happen again?? **** em. 

They actually think he is worse than Smith in this offense..i could understand where they were coming from if they compared Smith from 2017,but Smith 2018? no way in hell is Smith better than Colt in Gruden's offense.

12 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Ha ha Shannon Sharp “Trent Richardson missed the last three games, he’s questionable” for the Skins...aka reasons why the couchboys will win.

Shannon was a little lost there lol, but he is right about how hard it is to prepare on a short week 

and win,  being without some major players. But Skip was right, the Redskins have heart and that is why they are leading the East, and doing it injured. We have key players coming back that is going to make this offense better immediately, but I think we still have enough to beat the Cowboys today.

Cowboys.jpg

The game today is the season - and yes I know all the permutations and mathematics - and the obvious "It's just one game!" It's more than the win loss column today. It's who is this team really? Is it a gritty, tough team that can win the big game? That has players that make plays when it counts most? Or is it a team that had some very lucky bounces make them look better than they are. 

If they lose this game I believe it will be the start of an ugly slide that will likely end with a losing record and Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden - among others - being fired. If they can somehow pull this off and win today, it will launch to a second half of the season with so much confidence that a Div win will be all but imminent and a 1st rd PO win quite possible. 

I hope it's the later. HTTR!!  

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

The game today is the season - and yes I know all the permutations and mathematics - and the obvious "It's just one game!" It's more than the win loss column today. It's who is this team really? Is it a gritty, tough team that can win the big game? That has players that make plays when it counts most? Or is it a team that had some very lucky bounces make them look better than they are. 

If they lose this game I believe it will be the start of an ugly slide that will likely end with a losing record and Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden - among others - being fired. If they can somehow pull this off and win today, it will launch to a second half of the season with so much confidence that a Div win will be all but imminent and a 1st rd PO win quite possible. 

I hope it's the later. HTTR!!  

I know I may be skewered for this but if somebody guaranteed me that Bruce Allen would be fired if the Skins lost today and didn’t make the playoffs I would take that in a heartbeat.  The skins have a good shot at making the playoffs this year but they aren’t built for long term sustained success.  

Lots of media love for the cowboys, they are young the sky is the limit, blah, blah, blah.  Funny enough NFL AM ran a segment a couple of weeks back about how the Redskins are an old team but still hanging in there.  That's BS since we got a young roster but since Alex is an older QB and Peterson is 33 -- they got labeled with that brush.

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lots of media love for the cowboys, they are young the sky is the limit, blah, blah, blah.  Funny enough NFL AM ran a segment a couple of weeks back about how the Redskins are an old team but still hanging in there.  That's BS since we got a young roster but since Alex is an older QB and Peterson is 33 -- they got labeled with that brush.

Just turned on the NFLN, had to change the channel in disgust as the jabbering nitwits had a discussion about NY making a run at the div, the Eagles, the 'Boys and just blew us off like trash.

**** alla them, I so wanna see Jerry spewing in his booth today as we roll their asses and take their milk money

2 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Just turned on the NFLN, had to change the channel in disgust as the jabbering nitwits had a discussion about NY making a run at the div, the Eagles, the 'Boys and just blew us off like trash.

**** alla them, I so wanna see Jerry spewing in his booth today as we roll their asses and take their milk money

Do you think the the players notice all the disrespect they are getting?

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

Do you think the the players notice all the disrespect they are getting?

Swearinger mentioned weeks back that he does.  The level of disrespect before this game is at epic levels.  You'd think this is some lopsided joke of a match up like Alabama versus Citadel today.   Some already saying Dallas wins today (including a guy on NFL Am) and also beats the Saints next week, too.

All of the media hopping on the Cowboy Pinto Wagon.

I hope the Redskins T-Bone them into a ball of fire, just like Pintos used to do.

But the sad thing is, if the Redskins do win, the media will give it the half-ass coverage and immediately hop right back onto the Saints Rams and seemingly now Bears discussion.

This is one of the reasons why Colt has to play good; personally I could care less what the media says, they've been biased for years against the Redskins. Even in the Texans game, both announcers refused to even USE the team name, just the city when opening their pie holes.

Eventually, if the Redskins start a winning streak, they will HAVE to discuss us, even though they will all be calling for our opponent to win the game.

5 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I hope the Redskins T-Bone them into a ball of fire, just like Pintos used to do.

But the sad thing is, if the Redskins do win, the media will give it the half-ass coverage and immediately hop right back onto the Saints Rams and seemingly now Bears discussion.

This is one of the reasons why Colt has to play good; personally I could care less what the media says, they've been biased for years against the Redskins. Even in the Texans game, both announcers refused to even USE the team name, just the city when opening their pie holes.

Eventually, if the Redskins start a winning streak, they will HAVE to discuss us, even though they will all be calling for our opponent to win the game.

The narrative tomorrow will be its a weak division.  Skins won't get any credit for winning this game.  Listening to pregame stuff I don't even know why we even bother to show up....🤮

34 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

All of it is a scripted narrative in writers meetings to drive viewership and ad revenue. The Redskins don’t have a positive enough image to talk well about them no matter how good they are. The couchboys have a large international fan base. The media knows that they created it and have to feed their large fan base money making offspring. It’s cheaper than creating another fan favorite in the Redskins.

11 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

All of it is a scripted narrative in writers meetings to drive viewership and ad revenue. The Redskins don’t have a positive enough image to talk well about them no matter how good they are. The couchboys have a large international fan base. The media knows that they created it and have to feed their large fan base money making offspring. It’s cheaper than creating another fan favorite in the Redskins.

You’d think they treat it more like Vegas does - pimp the underdog to drive up excitement and viewership.  

So many intriguing points - Division lead in the balance, Texas boy McCoy taking over, the last matchup, the exciting loss to the Texans, the history, Cowboys vs Indians, etc.  

BTW, I’m going 23-17, bad guys (if our line was healthy, I’d pick us).    

15 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

You’d think they treat it more like Vegas does - pimp the underdog to drive up excitement and viewership.  

So many intriguing points - Division lead in the balance, Texas boy McCoy taking over, the last matchup, the exciting loss to the Texans, the history, Cowboys vs Indians, etc.  

That is the very reason I am going with us. The Texans had a better line and ends and they had their hands full with our backups. We will be able to run on them, Nsekhe played extremely well in TWs absence.

27-17 Skins win

7-3-7-0 couchboys 

10-7-3-7 Skins

Well the good thing about high expectations is that they crash very quickly if things go sideways in the game.

As far as the Cowboys media love.  This happens every season anytime they are around .500 by Week 10.  It's in the media's best interest to force that team into being relative.  I bet if the Cowboys lose today, the media will still spend more time going over their remaining schedule and coming up with scenarios that they can win the division, than talking about a big road game victory to extend the division lead. 

I think the speedster wr Michael Gallup will miss this game as well due to the recent death of his brother.  I hate that any player would have to be out due to THAT particular reason, but that is another contributing Cowboys player that won't be lining up against us.

There is no way in the world we are supposed to lose to these guys with all that they have going on personnel wise.

4 hours ago, skinny21 said:

They are more banged up than we are, sonI think we have a roster advantage.

Archived