Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

There are definitely some things to like about Rosen. He gives his WRs a chance to fight for the ball. He got bailed out by them - esp Fitz - but tha's OK. You have to trust them. Not every time is going to be successful. That also turns into some picks but that's Ok IMO. Just needs to limit them. He does not seem to panic when the pocket starts to break down. Stays in but then runs when the opportunity presents itself. He tends to throw a little off balance more than I would like, but that can be coached. When he does step into a throw, he has great footwork. I like his down field throws for the most part. Again, just needs to be a little more careful and not force quite as many. 

I can be on board with Rosen as long as they do not use a 1st rd pick, this years or next. I am OK with them throwing in an additional later rd pick with say a 2nd if they have to. But if AZ stands firm on the 1st, then pass. 

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Now here's a REAL wildcard: Cincinnati. After Driskel and Dalton last season, I've got to imagine that if one of the top 5 QB drops their way, they'd be hard pressed to pass it up.

No worries lol

I agree, that there will be some wildcards.   

We're actually in a favorable position here...  Arguable 3 QBs with 1st round grades (5 might go in that round on reaches), Murray, Haskins, Lock.  If we make a play for Rosen, we may be able to get him at a value... 2nd or 3rd (I'd prefer 3rd of course). If we don't get him, and someone else gives up more to get him, that likely means ANOTHER QB falls because thats yet another team that's unlikely to take a QB in the 1st / 2nd rounds.  If neither team ahead of us makes a play for Rosen, then they likely take a QB and a possible better player falls to us.  

1 minute ago, oraphus said:

Just because Denver got Flacco.. does not meat they will not pick up a QB in the first round and make his sit for a year behind an established starter like Flacco.

Very true, but the trade for Flacco leads me to believe that they want to compete now.  They could have groomed a 1st rounder QB behind Keenum.  To pay Keenum what you did, then trade for Flacco the following offseason, to THEN use a 1st round pick on a QB?  Elway would get roasted.  

It is important we use either a 2nd or 3rd on Rosen, because if he does suck and we end up with a 4-14 or 5-11 record, there should be nothing blocking us from drafting one of Tua, Herbert or Fromm. If we were to use #15 to trade for Rosen, my worry is that because the FO would have sank a first rounder into him, they'd pass on one of the QBs to give Rosen a longer leash (after 2 sucky seasons as a pro)

We should be looking to get hold of Rosen plus their #33 pick. That would soften the blow for me of trading away our first.

#15 and #46 for Rosen and #33 works for me.

We are left with #33 and a couple of third rounders. Plus a QB on a rookie deal for the next three years. There is high value in that for us.

Replace #46 for a third rounder if that's too rich for you. Either way, get Rosen and #33, great deal.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

We should be looking to get hold of Rosen plus their #33 pick. That would soften the blow for me of trading away our first.

#15 and #46 for Rosen and #33 works for me.

We are left with #33 and a couple of third rounders. Plus a QB on a rookie deal for the next three years. There is high value in that for us.

Replace #46 for a third rounder if that's too rich for you. Either way, get Rosen and #33, great deal.

This is another great way to go about this. Given how deep DL / OLB / WR is in this draft, there should be first round quality guys available on 2nd round pick contracts at #33. Worst case, you can trade back from that pick to get more picks

2 hours ago, dballer said:

I try to put myself in the Cards position...I feel like the 15th pick is too high of a price to expect. If he was worth a 10th last year, he's worth far less than that this year. He has one less year on his rookie contract now, and did not perform like a top 10 pick on the field. I feel like a 2nd is a legit asking price. That being said, i would be pissed about it. Gave up a 1st, 3rd and 5th for a mid round 2nd. I guess if you end up with Kyler it would help heal that wound, but yeeesh. 

I would add that with AZ having to foot much of the bill for Rosen, they’d put that in their calculus.  So sure, 15 seems steep, but only having to pay him 6(or whatever)/year is big.  For the Skins in particular, a low cap hit, plus the likelihood we aren’t willing to trade up for one of the top 3 qbs (and aren’t willing to pay for Foles)... well, let’s just say AZ still has some leverage.

12 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

A coach absolutely, most definitely can reduce or correct a QB's INT problem.

First thing to consider, is an INT issue can have numerous possible causes.

And a coach can assist with a multiple amount of causes, to put it briefly.

To cite a perfect example, look no further than the difference between Cousins 1.0 and Cousins 2.0

I definitely would not give a first for him though.

As I mentioned earlier, he has been devalued from the time he was drafted.

The only way I would take Rosen, which also makes sense, if we can trade our 3 round pick that we got for Kirk. If that happens then I am okay with that. Guess I am warming up to that idea now. Hopefully we can get a legit WR for him too. This needs to be addressed either in free agency or via the draft. A proven WR would be ideal though. 

20 minutes ago, Darc Requiem said:

The Cardinals team website has cut the price of Rosen jerseys from $100 to $40. I'm curious what his market will be, if it's multiple teams, it may get too expensive.

I’ve always thought this was a foolish move, basically telling everyone what’s going to happen before it does.  All to make a few extra bucks.

It makes more sense to me to just eat the jerseys.

Edit: They are still full price on the team website.  It’s apparently one store in Phoenix that dropped the price to $39.99.

Doesn’t mean he won’t be moved but looks less silly for the team.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Actually, I was just joking on the fact that ES posted your comment twice lol...see what happens when I don't put "lol" in my posts!!

Lol, yeah I was looking at your post on my phone quickly so didn't see that my thing was posted twice.  So I thought you were talking about the Murray part of my point. 😀

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve always thought this was a foolish move, basically telling everyone what’s going to happen before it does.  All to make a few extra bucks.

It makes more sense to me to just eat the jerseys.

Edit: They are still full price on the team website.  It’s apparently one store in Phoenix that dropped the price to $39.99.

Doesn’t mean he won’t be moved but looks less silly for the team.

Ah my mistake, I thought it was the team page.

FWIW (Not Much). Rosen was my number two QB in last years draft. There is no denying the skill set he has. Now did he struggle in his rookie season? Yep. He made mistakes all over the place. But please show me a rookie QB who doesnt make them? I wonder if they could get him for say our second and one of our thirds. The ultimate irony of the Cousins comp pick going to replace his position. And for sure the price is right. You basically have a rookie QB locked up for 4 years. And IMO Rosen is better than any QB in this draft. At least on college film anyways.

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

But that's the problem, we don't know if Rosen is actually starting quality. He's had one mediocre year, and comparing that with Daron Payne instantly making the defense better the moment he stepped on the field? I'd rather keep that first rounder in the bank than spend it on a flyer for a damaged-goods QB.

I mean I personally would give a second. But for arguments sake, if the staff believes he is a legit NFL QB they should be willing to give a first. And I don't think you can call him a "damaged-goods" QB yet. 

As for Payne, how good did he make the Defense? He is a stud, and the defense was still terrible. One stud defender doesn't turn a bad defense into a good one. But, a decent QB can potentially turn a bad offense into a decent one. 

3 hours ago, skinny21 said:

@MartinCAbsolutely.  I think AZ would want our 1st next year at minimum.  I say Doctson because they need receiver help, even if they draft one this year.  Yes, he’s looking like a bust, but there’s still potential upside there, and he hasn’t had a qb willing to put the ball up for him.  They wouldn’t jump for joy, but it’s a touch of sugar added to the pot.  

I would rather keep Doctson if we are getting Rosen. Rosen WILL give Doc chances. Not saying those chances will end up netting a good result. But he will get his chances with Rosen under center.

If I was the Cards GM, and drafted Murray, I would still keep Rosen if I couldn't get a 1st round pick for him.  Any backup they sign will be more expensive than Rosen.  Unless they think Rosen is a complete bust (or a locker room cancer), I think it would be smarter to keep him as a backup than to trade him for a late 2nd or a couple 3rd round picks.  

2 minutes ago, Nerm said:

If I was the Cards GM, and drafted Murray, I would still keep Rosen if I couldn't get a 1st round pick for him.  Any backup they sign will be more expensive than Rosen.  Unless they think Rosen is a complete bust (or a locker room cancer), I think it would be smarter to keep him as a backup than to trade him for a late 2nd or a couple 3rd round picks.  

On it’s face, that makes sense.  However they dont need the drama and controversy that no doubt comes along with that.  

3 minutes ago, Nerm said:

That would be a hard sell all around...

You're basically creating a competition (because if Murray struggles there will be calls for the pedigreed backup). I think it also sends the wrong message to guys who may end up in Rosen's position...basically that the team may sign you and then stash you on the bench for your prime years. No one will like that idea. 

Archived