Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - NFC East FIRST PLACE Redskins VS dem bois

TK

18 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Why is everyone down on Gruden man.  

Your guy Gruden really needs to work on his body language on the sideline.  He looks like a nervous wreck.  It is very uninspiring.  And I think it's contagious; it has an affect on how your players view you.

His halftime adjustments are beyond pathetic.  This is a huge problem.

He doesn't scheme well either.  How can we not get Jordan Reed the ball more?  Other teams find a way to get the ball to their best player.  There are one or two other reasons also.  But I'll keep those to myself.

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This is an excellent and accurate post. 

If you completely ignore what Gruden critics have, you know, have actually said.

?

I don't ignore them. I've read every ****ing word they've said.

We beat the cowboys and are at least a game and a half, maybe two games up on the rest of the division.

But **** that. Lets just keep ****ing and whining about everything. ?

8 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The team has a chance to get to 5-2 next week, but **** that. They would rather the team tank, blow it up and start over than win.

Or maybe it's because we're 29-28-1 over the past 4 seasons and people want more than that? Usually when we call for coach firings it's knee jerk but this team is not floating above general mediocrity simply because they finally won two games in a row. Just pointing that out.

Anyway, I really hope the Never Been to Dallas fans are getting ALL OF IT on the Metro right now.

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Right now the biggest question mark is how lazy was this team in the Colts game?  How did they go out there and get pushed around by the Colts? I know it feels like a long time ago now, but this team could have been 5-1.

That is exactly what I was thinking a minute ago.  how unprepared were we for that game?

Looking back at todays win and our 4 wins in general this Redskins football team does 2 things well. We run the football and play good defense. As much as Alex Smith aggravates  me and as much as it hurts to lose Cousins who was clearly the superior passer one thing Smith has going for him that Cousins did not is he doesn't turn the ball over. Maybe upper management had the vision this arm chair QB does not to see we would be a contender with a bus driver behind center who doesn't throw interceptions. Then again maybe its just the High of winning talking :)

For those of you so pissed off at any negativity, hope you didn’t watch the post game show.  BMitch, DHall, and Trevor all teed off on Alex before really getting into giving kudos to anyone else.  I think everyone obviously is happy to win, whether carried by the defense or not.   But when you really look at it, with legit QB play this team would be freaking deadly, particularly with the schedule lined up the way it is.

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I don't ignore them. I've read every ****ing word they've said.

We beat the cowboys and are at least a game and a half, maybe two games up on the rest of the division.

But **** that. Lets just keep ****ing and whining about everything. ?

People can be happy about today's win and also realize the failings bigger picture. Yes, it's possible.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I absolutely do not understand what's going on in the minds of fans who complain about Manusky or say our defense is overrated. This defense has been flashing major potential since early last season and only injuries have held it back.

Exactly. Prescott made some plays to extend the drives. We had them stopped coerage-wise but we were without out #2 corner all game and our #3 corner late. JHC was playing well and missed a sack that could have done a lot, and that next to last drive the line missed Prescott, they had the pressure he just escaped it. 

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

People can be happy about today's win and also realize the failings bigger picture. Yes, it's possible.

Yeah I've never understood why some people think it is a completely binary choice. We can be very happy about a win but still concerned about issues with the team.

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The gameday threads are what I've always called them. The sewer gutter of the board where the worst trash piles up.

They don't enjoy the game day experience and they refuse to let anyone else enjoy it.

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think it's a pure defensive improvement. We have more talent, especially up front, so we can run more diverse plays and rely on them more.

It's so frustrating to watch the defense improve so much but the offense regress.

It feels like we can NEVER put together a complete team. We always have some unit that will suck ass.

Very true. Honestly, I can't remember a time when it was our defense leading the way. Would it be back to Gibbs? I don't remember much of those years.

Archived