Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Revised Season W/L Prediction

Veryoldschool

Revised Season W/L Prediction  

57 members have voted

1. 1. After Watching 4 Games Predict The Skins Regular Season W/L Record.....

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2018 at 03:59 AM

I voted for 9-7 in the preseason poll but after watching 4 games my optimism is gone, I'm voting Dark Pit Of Despair.  Gruden was able to kept the team fighting until the end last season despite horrific injuries but I don't see it this year.  I hope I'm wrong but the NO game stomped on my faint hopes.

Ya know....I am happy any time the skins win...when they loose I'm upset.. sometimes more than other loses.. Redskins fan till I die yadda yadda yadda..but this up one week down ugly as **** the next is really ****in with my emotions.. especially if they come up with the win at home this week, and we're still sitting in first place (giants win tonight,please Lord,Cowboys lose this Sunday)just to lose at home against our biggest rivals. And of course that's when the wheels really fall off after we lose to the Giants and put an end to the winning every other game, go on a loosing record and Gruden is replaced by an interm..I imagine there's a different thread for this but..I mean when's enough enough?..I guess we can hold out hope the skins can go on a run like 2016 but ehh it's kinda ugly now with this...grey cloud looming over our head..??

As I said right after the game, not even the Pats are exempt from stinker games, and we looked good against Arizona and Green Bay, so I'm not condemning this team to the proverbial pit of 6-10 or worse misery at all.

But by the same token, the performance, particularly by the defense, was alarming enough to make me realize that a double-digit win season will again not be in the cards for the Skins. So given that, we might as well be in the pit of misery. And anything below (not including) 9-7 should necessitate a coaching change in the least.

And the narrative of "well, what did you expect, the Saints are elite blah blah, Brees record blah blah" really has gotten old.  The Skins will have an 11-5 or better reguilar season one of these years......whether it will be in our lifetimes is another story!  But when they do, they will have to win games like Monday night's.  

I'm still at 7-9. The NO game sucked for sure, but they'll probably end up being the second best team in the NFC. Seemed more like playing the Patriots in the past. I think it's possible for this team to split the Giants and the Cowboys. Maybe get a win against the Eagles. That in itself is a big step from last years 1-5 in the division. 

5 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm still going 15-1..

That would be quite the magic trick :P wonder which loss gets taken off our record? ? ? maybe the game against the saints was just a REALLY bad nightmare and the game hasn’t happened yet? 

To give my answer, Im still going with 11-5. Yes it was a horrible game, but who kowws, maybe the skins come out fired up and beat the panthers, and then do what we think they should do against the cowboys and giants, in what looks like a bad division so far? ??‍♂️ 

I am typically more optimistic but I honestly do not see more than 2 additional wins the rest of the season. The sad part is I see them the two weeks after losing to Carolina. We beat dallast and the giants to get to 4-3 and get our hopes up high. Then go into a 9 game tail spin. 

The only positive is that our draft position will be higher and Bruce should be gone. 

Funny before the season, i said I need to see the Arizona game to gauge but 4 games in and having seen that and more I still don't have a feel for it.  I think Trent Williams said it well one week they look like world beaters and the next they look like they are going to have top 5 pick in the draft.

this game coming up to me is telling, if they lose I suspect the wheels come off, if they win then the narrative is can they win 2 in a row?  Right now I am going 8-8.  to me the season goes as Adrian Peterson goes.  Who would think a late preseason pick up is the most pivotal player?

Chris Russell Retweeted Dan Steinberg

Lots of frustration. A lot of anger in that building and in the executive branch. They won't say it, but many wondering when the hammer is going to drop. A bad loss on Sunday & a large # of empty seats just might do it. #Redskins

On 10/12/2018 at 8:40 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

8-8.  Gruden has tried so hard to actually get to 8-8 the last 3 years but not quite achieved it.  9-7, 8-7-1,7-9.  

Hes been SO CLOSE to perfectly average that he’s got to hit it eventually.

Pretty much exactly what and why I think .500 too. 

32 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I was positive after the draft, not so much after the Guice injury and preseason. Now I voted 6-10 and probably should have picked the worst option. This ship is going down fast. 

I was up like you after the Guice pick.  Down when he got hurt.  My confidence was revived some when I saw Peterson in the preseason/Arizona.  I said this just now in another thread.  I think our best hope is this guy can stay healthy and thrive. If not, I think the pessimists are on to something. 

peterson.jpg

Archived