skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Washington Redskins
    • Carolina Panthers
    • The unlikely tie?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2018 at 04:59 PM

When: Sunday Rocktober 14th  1:00 p.m.

Where: FedEx Field

The title says it all.

" Here we go, again".

On Monday night, in front of a national audience, the Redskins went down to Nawlins and was out of the game before they hit the field, literally.

It was Drew Brees night, and he didn't disappoint his fans, throwing for 26 TDs and 2,394 yds [ well it seemed that way ], and during his one-man orgy with the Redskins secondary, broke the all-time passing yards record held by Peyton Manning. Well WHOOP-TE-DOO !

Everyone knew he was gonna do it, Monday night, the attention it drew, yada yada yada.

It sounds bad, and it pretty much was; the Redskins had no chance of even competing in the game. They were out-played, out-coached, and out-of-sync. Alex Smith played 5 yd kindergarten catch with his receivers while Brees was throwing big passes when he wanted to, without disruption. Coming off of a bye week, Redskins fans were hoping, praying, that the team would be prepared and not be humiliated, but that just didn't happen. The biggest wonder is why does this team always lay an egg in big games?  Gruden has no ability to fire the guys up, get or keep them motivated and upbeat, and the record is now screeching and scratching like a rap song, because its been played over so long its customary.

Meanwhile, the Carolina Panthers come into town with a 3-1 record, looking to add to the W column.

Cam Newton as well as the team has always played well against the Redskins, with an attacking defense that disrupts the offense.

Sunday, they had a hard-fought victory over a gamy New York Giants squad by a score of 33-31, and the Giants kept it close but it wasn't enough. Newton's scrambling and ability to take a hit with no issue made the giants frustrated.

This sunday, well, I just don't know how to put it [ I actually do but I'm holding out hope ] but this could turn into an ugly game very quickly. Cam's scrambling gives every team fits, and even though their roster isn't stacked with pro-bowlers they get the job done [ Gruden should take lessons ] and it could be a loooong day. There is the old ' win one lose one' possibility that some are pointing to in hopes that karma will not turn her back on the Redskins, saying they should win this game.

Karma is sleeping in the zinc gutters of Snyder's mansion and she ain't moving!

There is the whole Josh Norman thing; we know Panther players will be verbally abusing him which could lead to an ejection; don't be surprised one bit if it happens, be surprised if it doesn't, and I can only imagine the mood in the Redskins locker room is not a good one. I think it will take one more stinker game for the Hindenburg to come crashing down and all hell breaks loose. Yea, it is early in the season, but this team has a history of taking dives then struggling to get back to .500, and eventually players will look to be traded to another team.

Yea, it does sound like a doom & gloom thread, but I've seen this movie dozens of times and I know the outcomes, and now the pressure is squarely on Gruden's shoulders.

Look for this game to be relatively close but in the 4th qtr the Panthers simply wear down a beaten Redskins squad, as the 30-something thousand Panther fans in the stands erupt with joy.

When the dust settles and the fur balls gather,

the Redskins just have no answer for Cam.

final score:

Redskins 16

Panthers 33

First correct score prediction wins that ever-elusive Redskins flag [ it is not absorbent so the tears will not soak into it.

Good luck, and  G O   S K I N S !

Skins 20

Panthers 17

Following the pattern, we get the win following a loss.   I think our run defense steps up to neutralize Carolinas strength.  We score just enough to get a w.  All in front of a sea of Carolina blue in the stands while Danny's blood boils.  

If it goes the other way, how sad will it be if we see a norv turner led offense beat us and we reminisce to think about norv's tenure here as "the good old days".

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Skins 20

Panthers 17

Following the pattern, we get the win following a loss.   I think our run defense steps up to neutralize Carolinas strength.  We score just enough to get a w.  All in front of a sea of Carolina blue in the stands while Danny's blood boils.  

If it goes the other way, how sad will it be if we see a norv turner led offense beat us and we reminisce to think about norv's tenure here as "the good old days".

The first qtr, maybe even the first half, could be a pride check for the defense, but knowing Gruden's inability to adjust will open the game up for Carolina in the 2nd half.

I like to follow it via Vegas because you get analysis that doesn’t include emotion or recency bias. My general philosophy is that you always want to side with the house and against the public when there is a wide gap. 

From what hat I can gather there wasn’t a strong lean either way in either our games with the Cardinals or Saints. There wasn’t much info in either of those games about the “sharp side.” 

In the Colts game, public overreacted to week 1 and went heavy on Skins. Sharps went the other way... sharp money on Colts. 

Week 3 it flipped. Public overreacted to Redskins egg against Colts and the public money was HEAVY on Green Bay whereas sharp money went Redskins. 

So I’ll wait, but my guess is that the early line set at a Pick Em in an indicator that sharps will be on the Redskins. No doubt Joe public will react to our debacle in NOLA and pound the Panthers. 

Archived