Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Redskins at Saints

TK

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Cousins made something all last year on our terrible receivers AND an even worse running game. 

But what's the point in continuing to bring it up. Dude ain't comin' back. 

He made nothing of it after CT got hurt.

This isn’t a knock on Cousins,  Bruce assembled an awful WR group.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s stupid, but thereÂ’s no way Cousins or anybody could really make anything out of our awful receivers.

Redskins passing offense finished 11th passer rating, 9th touchdowns, and 12th in yards last season.  With Ryan Grant, Doctson, Crowder, and Terrelle Pryor.  Jordan Reed played six games.  Chris Thompson played ten.  We saying those receivers were much better?

Alex Smith isn’t nearly as bad as he’s played today, but we’ve yet to see he can be the best part of the offense.  That he can carry the offense.  He needs a lot of other things to go right to shine, and I mean to look good not win.  Winning in the nfl is a team effort.  

1 minute ago, shakinaiken said:

Agreed. And  maybe the counter argument is "we had no choice, Cousins wasn't signing here." But Smith-Gruden is never going to work. Alex needs creative offenses and a potent running game. He's not going to sit back and run a drop back passing game that peaked in the early 2000's. 

Yep. This offense is predictable, low budget and poorly run. Richardson's body language on the ground ball throw from Smith says it all. As a matter of fact, I don't recall on any interview from the WR where they mention Smith as "accurate". They say he's a good leader and other accolades one would say about a veteran. But not accurate. We'll see. But this game was eye opening.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That team I saw play yesterday isn't sweeping anyone.  Their oline and secondary suck to, injuries, Ajaya is on IR

I saw the Redskins lose to a very bad Colts team at home. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Eagles sweep the skins.

Archived