Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Federalist: It's not 'White Threat' harming our Politics, It's Tying Race to Destiny..

nonniey

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sure. Which studies did Riggo post?

What can I say? Bull**** flies.

RE Riggo's post -guess I should have said referenced instead of posted.  

You do understand the that Democrats and the left absolutely are pushing politics based on groups and racial distinctions and have been for years (in the case of the Dems almost 200 years). 

I only read the portion of the article posted to the thread but is it another,  "Oppression was fine until the Oppressed started speaking out against t" arguments?

I think we can all agree that every now and then some wacky policy initiatives are introduced that seem to go way over the line of "equality" or seem to do more harm than good in the big picture, however when I still hear from people that "race relations are fine until Obama divided us" I'm sorry, but that just reeks of people who were content with unequal protection under the law and simply just didn't want to hear about it and any instance of people speaking up about the issue equated to "identity politics" 

Just now, nonniey said:

RE Riggo's post -guess I should have said referenced instead of posted.  

You do understand the that Democrats and the left absolutely are pushing politics based on groups and racial distinctions and have been for years (in the case of the Dems almost 200 years). 

So? That's any different than any other major political party in American history? The GOPs southern strategy lost on you? 

Dear lord. Is your argument that the Dems are doing this in a vacuum?

For the 100th time, both parties push identity politics.  It isn't necessarily a bad thing in all instances.  Having a rational political platform about inequality in our society and wanting to do something to change it is a good thing. I don't care what you label it.   If studies show that different races/creeds/religions are treated different and/or unequal by society at large, something should be done.

Why people lambaste that as "OMG Identity politics" yet give the GOP a free pass with their "blame the scary brown & black folks for your own problems" as if that isn't doing the same thing........ugh.

I'm tired and don't feel like arguing at the moment.  But I do have an actual question.

When talking about the race percentages, what do mixed people count as?  I know a ****load of mixed people but never asked how they fill out a survey (except for one white russian dude who marked Asian, funny as hell).  I'm wondering how mixed people effect the overall numbers.

30 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Funny thing is you jumped right onto what the writer was criticizing and praising (but true to form got it completely backward). He is saying race should be irrelevant, society should be color-blind and "intermingling as you call it" may be a mitigation that undermines the determination to separate by groups and race. 

I wasn't talking about the anything the writer was saying.....as you didn't post the link initially. Kinda hard to get the authors point if you dont provide any way for me to see it. So you can kiss my ass for real. 

19 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm tired and don't feel like arguing at the moment.  But I do have an actual question.

When talking about the race percentages, what do mixed people count as?  I know a ****load of mixed people but never asked how they fill out a survey (except for one white russian dude who marked Asian, funny as hell).  I'm wondering how mixed people effect the overall numbers.

Thats a good question. Im mixed....not sure exactly with what. Pops was some kind of African American, Native American, Ethiopian something or other. Moms has alot of African American, Native american and some kinda white (dont mean that disparagingly either, as I just dont know, but the pictures are clear). None of my parents where into their genes enough to know. And all of my grandparents with the exception of my grandma on pops side dies before I was born so I couldnt ask them. 

I identify as what my mother raised me as - A black male. As I have gotten older though, I do wonder if I should look into it just for ****s a gigs. 

On a related note, Glenn Loury and Coleman Hughes discussing identity politics and other subjects. 

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I wasn't talking about the anything the writer was saying.....as you didn't post the link initially. Kinda hard to get the authors point if you dont provide any way for me to see it. So you can kiss my ass for real. 

Thats a good question. Im mixed....not sure exactly with what. Pops was some kind of African American, Native American, Ethiopian something or other. Moms has alot of African American, Native american and some kinda white (dont mean that disparagingly either, as I just dont know, but the pictures are clear). None of my parents where into their genes enough to know. And all of my grandparents with the exception of my grandma on pops side dies before I was born so I couldnt ask them. 

I identify as what my mother raised me as - A black male. As I have gotten older though, I do wonder if I should look into it just for ****s a gigs. 

Wife and I recently did an ancestry DNA test. It was interesting and seemed to be pretty accurate from what we could tell. 

26 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Ive seen medical providers put down "AA" (which kinda pisses me off bc she is half white and it follows the "one drop" rule) and I have seen medical providers put down "other". I have never seen a "mixed" option for taxes or medical forms.

I prefer "other" ... I guess.

3 minutes ago, grego said:

Wife and I recently did an ancestry DNA test. It was interesting and seemed to be pretty accurate from what we could tell. 

I really want to do one but im very worried about what these people will do with my DNA after I give it to them. Like, almost an irrational fear of a dystopian society where the clone Llevrons have enslaved us all type of worried. Dont judge me lol 

https://www.businessinsider.com/dna-testing-ancestry-23andme-share-data-companies-2018-8

**** scares me bruh

20 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yeah I did a ready, fire, aim on the original post.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

In California there was a referendum to end bilingual education - several studies had shown that Latino kids who had gone through the school system being taught in Spanish rather than English ended up (big surprise) economically/academically disadvantaged. The problem was, there was a very large contingent of schoolteachers employed as part of CA's bilingual programs, and they lobbied tooth and nail against it. At the same time, there was a schoolboard chairman in iirc Oakland who tried to claim that Ebonics was a language and urban black schools thus needed funds for bilingual education.  Ironically, one of the most outspoken critics of this was Jesse Jackson, who rightly called it insulting.  The referendum passed in CA, and the same guy who financed getting it on the ballot then tried to do the same in another state (Colorado, I think).

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand how being "taught in Spanish rather than English" is bilingual education.

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Funny thing is you jumped right onto what the writer was criticizing and praising (but true to form got it completely backward). He is saying race should be irrelevant, society should be color-blind and "intermingling as you call it" may be a mitigation that undermines the determination to separate by groups and race. 

Wait, I don’t have time to read the article now, but are you saying the author says it’s the left that isn’t color blind? 

I’ll read it tonight but on a side not, if anyone doesn’t think every single politician on all sides doesn’t play identity politics and if anyone doesn’t  think Donald Trump does that as much if not more than anyone currently, that person should not be considered a serious thinker...to put it kindly.

Yeah one side plays identity politics as they bring awareness to oppression and injustices and work toward building equal rights toward marginalized groups. 

The other plays identity politics by spreading lies and propaganda to incite fear and hatred toward each of those marginalized groups. 

It’s definitely the fault of the party working towards equality tho. No question  

42 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I really want to do one but im very worried about what these people will do with my DNA after I give it to them. Like, almost an irrational fear of a dystopian society where the clone Llevrons have enslaved us all type of worried. Dont judge me lol 

https://www.businessinsider.com/dna-testing-ancestry-23andme-share-data-companies-2018-8

**** scares me bruh

I laughed but do I think the government is getting their hands on DNA from those companies? Hell yeah. 

Now I just gotta make sure I stay away from the cjs. Had enough of it for one lifetime. 

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What bilingual education policies? Genuinely asking.

When I was middle school in DC, Spanish was mandatory.  I don't care what anyone says, all things considered with demographic changes in this country, thats smart.  It's also a romantic language which helps to not look at languages like French and Italian as alien. 

I will say this, English needs to be the official language of this country sooner rather then later. I won't support having to make traffic signs in spanish and english, that's gonna cost extra money. 

I think a lot of white people are scared of being a minority because they see how minorities have been treated in this country and get treated in a lot of other countries.  In some African countries when black people got control again they started taking stuff from white people and destroyed their economy.  Zimbabwe is obviously an extreme but we have to make sure once we're a majority minority country that we don't go on a revenge tour.  

I remember reading this article and posting it here, please read it. In a generation the Polish population went from 90% of the city to 11%:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/for-the-first-majority-muslim-us-city-residents-tense-about-its-future/2015/11/21/45d0ea96-8a24-11e5-be39-0034bb576eee_story.html?utm_term=.e81344c99fe0

As a black person, I try not to take desentrification to heart, but I do when failing schools get renevated when the demographics finally flip. Change is inevitable, but hard deal with when you can't tell if it's your best in intrests (or worse know it isnt)

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Good question, as I've seen situations where I could put black and white, mixed, or other. I don't pick one unless I have to, but identify as black culturally and that's what I've seen a lot of mixed people do (identify with a culture if they are mixed).  I've met oreos that don't want to talk about it.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

When I was middle school in DC, Spanish was mandatory.  I don't care what anyone says, all things considered with demographic changes in this country, thats smart.  It's also a romantic language which helps to not look at languages like French and Italian as alien. 

I will say this, English needs to be the official language of this country sooner rather then later. I won't support having to make traffic signs in spanish and english, that's gonna cost extra money. 

I think a lot of white people are scared of being a minority because they see how minorities have been treated in this country and get treated in a lot of other countries.  In some African countries when black people got control again they started taking stuff from white people and destroyed their economy.  Zimbabwe is obviously an extreme but we have to make sure once we're a majority minority country that we don't go on a revenge tour.  

I remember reading this article and posting it here, please read it. In a generation the Polish population went from 90% of the city to 11%:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/for-the-first-majority-muslim-us-city-residents-tense-about-its-future/2015/11/21/45d0ea96-8a24-11e5-be39-0034bb576eee_story.html?utm_term=.e81344c99fe0

As a black person, I try not to take desentrification to heart, but I do when failing schools get renevated when the demographics finally flip. Change is inevitable, but hard deal with when you can't tell if it's your best in intrests (or worse know it isnt)

It is probably over 20 years old now, but there was a study done at one point in time that found that Spanish speaking immigrants actually learned English faster than other non-English speaking immigrants coming into the US (almost certainly because their parents already spoke some English).

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

**** scares me bruh

Off-topic funny, I was talking to a chick who did that with her biological sister and got different results. Ruh Roh.

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

I absolutely think the left has abandoned that goal. Funny thing is this was probably because of their affiliation with the Democrats who always were antagonistic to a color blind society.

I'd be curious if you can post something that would actually support that the view of the "left" has changed.  Why do you think that is true?

Obama:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A19751-2004Jul27.html

“There’s not a liberal America and a conservative America, there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and Latino America and Asian America, there is the United States of America.”

(Though, I guess as far back as I know in US history there have been African Americans that have supported the creation of independent African American communities (e.g. Malcolm X), but that actually seems to be declining to me.)

I'm mixed and like when they have an "other" option.

Honestly, white, black, and arab culture of the people in my bloodlines are all ****ing weird to me. I got over the push of needing to be accepted pretty quickly and side-stepped that whole pick a single race and embrace that as my identity deal. I've always been multicultural or an American in my mind. 

I can't wait till everyone's a mutt and we don't have to even think about accepting or rejecting based on color. I can't wait till we're forced to judge people solely on behavior and principles/values.

Archived