Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Federalist: It's not 'White Threat' harming our Politics, It's Tying Race to Destiny..

nonniey

49 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I didn't know where else to put this.  I was reading about the controversial ad in a Kentucky election for judge, when this portion caught my eye:

Are you ****ing kidding me? No one, in the history of Congress, thought it would be a good idea to classify lynching as a federal hate crime? WTF is it classified as?

Murder.

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe we should be best and remain civil when remembering that there are good people who are part of those lynching parties.

I thought there were no good Democrats?

5 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

I didn't know where else to put this.  I was reading about the controversial ad in a Kentucky election for judge, when this portion caught my eye:

Are you ****ing kidding me? No one, in the history of Congress, thought it would be a good idea to classify lynching as a federal hate crime? WTF is it classified as?

Would that mean it's able to carry an additional hate crime designation if applicable or that a lynching must be considered hate crime?  The former makes a lot of sense.  

3 hours ago, Destino said:

Would that mean it's able to carry an additional hate crime designation if applicable or that a lynching must be considered hate crime?  The former makes a lot of sense.  

Yeah, that was my first reaction. Wouldn't a lynching be automatically a hate crime?

47 minutes ago, youngestson said:

Yeah, that was my first reaction. Wouldn't a lynching be automatically a hate crime?

India is having a problem with lynchings apparently caused, at least partially, by baseless claims spread on WhatsApp.  Not too long ago Brazil had issues with lynchings over people accused of crimes, some of them minor.  While US history certainly has a very sad (and enraging) history linking racism and this particular sort of mob violence/murder, there's nothing inherently racist about an angry mob killing someone. 

There is however, something particularly cruel about it.  I've read up on many such incidents and the way lynchings are portrayed in movies, a mob simply hanging someone, do not reflect the reality of just how awful these murders actually were.  The sort of horrors racist terrorists gleefully engaged in, sometimes even posing for smiling pictures, is worse than I think most people realize.

21 minutes ago, Destino said:

India is having a problem with lynchings apparently caused, at least partially, by baseless claims spread on WhatsApp.  Not too long ago Brazil had issues with lynchings over people accused of crimes, some of them minor.  While US history certainly has a very sad (and enraging) history linking racism and this particular sort of mob violence/murder, there's nothing inherently racist about an angry mob killing someone. 

There is however, something particularly cruel about it.  I've read up on many such incidents and the way lynchings are portrayed in movies, a mob simply hanging someone, do not reflect the reality of just how awful these murders actually were.  The sort of horrors racist terrorists gleefully engaged in, sometimes even posing for smiling pictures, is worse than I think most people realize.

In my mind "lynching" = Emmit Till. Though I am aware it does not have to be racial. 

Somewhere on this board there was a small conversation about why history matters. This is a good example of it. In this country hangings just mean something different than  they do for the rest of the world. 

I honestly never considered other countries hanging people until now. 

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Somewhere on this board there was a small conversation about why history matters. This is a good example of it. In this country hangings just mean something different than  they do for the rest of the world. 

I honestly never considered other countries hanging people until now. 

"Whoever controls the past controls the future."

20 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Executive orders aren't really a new thing. Obama issued fewer executive orders per year than any president since Grover friggin' Cleveland.

Yup. And yet I had a friend at the time decrying Obama as a dictator...who seemingly has no problem with EOs now.

Archived