Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

6 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

The above isn't being said in the context of being relevant to Brett, right?

He made 200k in debt disappear and is not a magician by trade.

Something's fishy.  Investigating that isn't politics.

That should be.  Does the committee not have that info?

On a different note, is there any reason for Kavanaugh to be in this meeting?

22 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

And I dont respect hypocrital posts.  Either it's wrong to obstruct for political reasons or it is not.  The percentage is irrelevant.

There was nothing I said that was hypocritical. The effective process that had been in place for decades was changed by Mitch McConnell. Nuance doesn’t equal hypocrisy. The percentage is relevant. We don’t live in an all or nothing world. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

There was nothing I said that was hypocritical. The effective process that had been in place for decades was changed by Mitch McConnell. Nuance doesn’t equal hypocrisy. The percentage is relevant. We don’t live in an all or nothing world. 

So what amount of obstruction is acceptable?  And who gets to determine that?

It's somewhat ambiguous as to whether its a white power symbol or not.

It became extremely popular among right wingers because Trump used it a lot, including becoming widely used by people like Cerovich, Milo, and Spencer.

That being said there's a bit of a meta/ironic quality to it, a sort of "we only use this symbol to make the libs think its a white power symbol but its not actually a symbol we use."

I myself have just sorta done the "ok" symbol and sometimes catch myself opt for thumbs up or something similar to avoid any issues, as I tend to run with very meme-aware people.

The key, I would think, would be context of the ok sign.  Is it in response to outside stimuli where such a sign would make sense?  If not, then its somewhat suspicious.

Her hand is somewhat suspicious, but its also very possible it was on accident; I tried that hand positioning myself and it was not wholly unnatural feeling, just not something I'd probably do naturally PERSONALLY, but someone might.

Her background does raise some questions.

But back to the matter at hand!

WHERE DID YOUR 200K IN DEBT GO AND IS THE PRESIDENT ABOVE THE LAW!?

29 minutes ago, tshile said:

i didn't know "i got something stuck in my teeth" was the white power sign

gotta be careful about that

gotta add it to the things I learned here along with wide stance and hallway sex.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

WHERE DID YOUR 200K IN DEBT GO AND IS THE PRESIDENT ABOVE THE LAW!?

White House said his friends paid back the money for baseball ticket purchases in the past

https://gritpost.com/brett-kavanaugh-200k-debt/

On Wednesday, The Washington Post reported on Kavanaugh’s financials, which list personal debt ranging from $60,000 to $200,000 (financial disclosure forms only require ranges) that White House spokesman Raj Shah say was accumulated by purchasing Washington Nationals season tickets with credit cards over the past decade, a personal loan, and from debt incurred through home improvements.

Mysteriously, that debt was entirely paid off just last year. Shah said the money came from friends who repaid their baseball ticket debt, though he wouldn’t give the names of the friends who attended the games with Kavanaugh, how many people he bought tickets for, or any additional details about the tickets. Financial disclosure forms also don’t require that a person reveal the source of how a debt was paid off.

It would be interesting to see if Kavanaugh corroborates that under oath.

this is just a comment on a tiny slice of things, but of the goper's on the judiciary comm i.thought tillis, and then graham,---mainly him--- had the best rebuttals to the dems

2 hours ago, twa said:

That tweet is wrong

thats unpossible. its a tweet. i saw it.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, tshile said:

i didn't know "i got something stuck in my teeth" was the white power sign

gotta be careful about that

the sign, while long-present if not widely used in britebart/neonazi/nationalist gatherings  (john birchers used to use it when i was a kid), and seen at trump rallies since the beginning, has indeed been popping up more frequently in trumpland lately.....along with bringing "anon" out into the ovary office as the crazy man further unhinges and continues to draw all the sick, mailing. and stupid ever closer

that's why the small % of semi-decent humans that call themselves republicans are steadily drifting away---sadly, it's a rather unsatisfying hobson's choice for them 

i'm hoping the video image is doctored. :huh:^_^

46 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

So her resting her right arm/hand (into a white power sign)  on her left arm is perfectly innocent and random? Riiiight. 

I am an eager beaver when it comes to spotting the WP hand symbol. I am convinced it did start as a joke but now has been adopted as a white nationalist hand symbol. I dont think she was doing it. The third bottom finger would have to be intentionally extended.

image.png.32ca798301ec144ae7c224c7082da882.png

^^ alt right "news" contributor and former Trump staffer

image.png.11ecdc5ce7404811a5f42857f714dad7.png

^^ alt right "journalists"

image.png.b4c104ba366de86b5a7ea1f0c5a5635e.png

^^ Milo

55 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

So her resting her right arm/hand (into a white power sign)  on her left arm is perfectly innocent and random? Riiiight. 

I was joking about the face she was making in the first 5 seconds.

i feel like i have to clarify that because you have to be careful about being associated with or condoning white power/racism **** these days, even with people you know. it's sad and also stupid, but it's where we are.

for further clarification - I did not know there was a white power symbol ( though I suppose, if I was forced to think about it, I would have assumed one existed because why not?) and I certainly didn't know *that* was the white power symbol.

can't even make jokes anymore. politics ruins everything.

• Like 2