Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

12 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Giant waste of time.  I see full release of records as a legitimate grievance, but if the threat of impeachment was enough to suspend the operations of the executive, nothing would ever get done in this country.

If we establish that every nominee must produce every record for review, we’d have to nominate kids because otherwise it would take years for them to all be reviewed , people would be dead before they could be confirmed. 

32 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If we establish that every nominee must produce every record for review, we’d have to nominate kids because otherwise it would take years for them to all be reviewed , people would be dead before they could be confirmed. 

His WH staff secretary records now go to whether he lied in his previous confirmation hearing.  There's no getting around that.  Justice Gorsuch was confirmed without a records release brouhaha and he's no kid.  If the judiciary committee agreed right away to request all staff secretary record, I doubt there would have been any trouble getting those records in time to confirm before midterm.  Certainly before swearing in of new Congress.  Confirmation before mid term or even before new Congress is a political desire.  If the nominee likely has too much record to make the political timeline work, Trump should've gone with another nominee.

I still think they have plenty of time though.

4 minutes ago, twa said:

if they were worried about him lying then they would have settled for the targeted search offered on that matter.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/402431-dems-to-challenge-kavanaugh-for-white-house-records

Grassley was open to a deal for a limited search of Kavanaugh’s staff secretary records but Republicans say Democrats refused.

There are no signs the two parties will be able to reach an agreement.

Grassley doubled down on refusing to ask for Kavanaugh's staff secretary documents in a letter sent Saturday to Feinstein and Democratic Sens. Patrick Leahy (Vt.) and Dick Durbin (Ill.).

Grassley said that after initially refusing to negotiate, Feinstein's office pulled a "political stunt" on Friday and sent him a list of potential search terms to look for in Kavanaugh's staff secretary documents.

"Unfortunately, it is too late in the process to reopen the possibility of requesting staff secretary documents," he added. "Their actions evidence bad faith and politicized what could have been-and should have been-a bipartisan process."

Sounds like one side is still willing.

8 minutes ago, twa said:

to stall 

Grassley ain't playing.

And further down the toilet the confirmation process goes.  I'm sure the dems will use this as a justification to further obfuscate for their next nominee.

If Grassley doesn't care about whether a nominee perjured himself in a prior confirmation hearing, that's a damn shame.  Then again, GOP doesn't seem to give a damn about Trump's illegal activities either, so why should this matter?

2 hours ago, bearrock said:

Giant waste of time.  I see full release of records as a legitimate grievance, but if the threat of impeachment was enough to suspend the operations of the executive, nothing would ever get done in this country.

Dont really think it’s a concern 99% of the time but it’s a little different when the president is under investigation for potential treason and has just been named a co-conspirator in multiple felonies 

whenever i see him i want to beat him up. not based on any particular position. something about the way he looks, sounds and his body language just makes me want to do that. it's like the bill maher thing only bill has plenty of great comedic moments. cavanuagh has nothing. just a suit. smarmy. that's what is--well, that's one thing. i don't like this guy. pretty short, too. also the hair again. remember what i told you, if you remember nothing else i have ever told you, remember to note the hair from now on. never forget that. should have listened to me way back when there was still time.

i think i'm gonna go out with dana loesch.

she's crazy. great hair.

but i digress