Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

26 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The Dems effed up with Bork.  He died in 2012.  That would have been an Obama pick up.....

Kavanaugh and Gorsuch are miles better than Bork so every American should be glad Dems didn't peer into the future and make that trade off

I do wonder if Kavanaugh gets through and we later find out he was involved in some illegal/torture related stuff, if he will be impeached or end up resigning.  Should be interesting.  At this point it definitely seems like some big stuff is in there that some folks do not want to come out.

Edited by visionary

Just now, visionary said:

I do wonder if Kavanaugh gets through and we later find out he was involved in some illegal/torture related stuff, if he will be impeached or end up resigning.  Should be interesting. 

I have to think that Trump knows everything he was and was not involved in.  Or at least the folks who made the short list for him know.  If something like that was in the background, they would have skipped him for one of the other right wing Jurists instead.  It wouldnt be worth that risk. 

Just now, visionary said:
I do wonder if Kavanaugh gets through and we later find out he was involved in some illegal/torture related stuff, if he will be impeached or end up resigning.  Should be interesting. 

No chance he would resign and the GOP would never impeach over torture related issues. Unfortunately we just don't have a federal government that is holding anyone accountable these days. 

7 minutes ago, Hersh said:

No chance he would resign and the GOP would never impeach over torture related issues. Unfortunately we just don't have a federal government that is holding anyone accountable these days. 

The GOP may not be in control forever.   Also his family may not want to deal with the backlash.  We’ll see what happens.

Edited by visionary

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I have to think that Trump knows everything he was and was not involved in.  Or at least the folks who made the short list for him know.  If something like that was in the background, they would have skipped him for one of the other right wing Jurists instead.  It wouldnt be worth that risk. 

If so, there would be no need to hide and suppress so many of his records. This isn't a strategy for the GOP, it's complicity.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Watching the hearing and getting tired of the grandstanding. Your point has been made.  If you want to keep repeating it, go talk to the press.  Let's get on with the hearing. 

There’s a lot of pressure from the left and even the middle to hold this up as long as possible and at least look like they did everything they could to stop it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Trump only cares about someone who can protect him. Kavanaugh was the best option. Mitch McConnell wanted Trump to go with 2 other judges cause of Kavanaugh's background.