Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

AstroTurf and faux outrage

I'm thinking if you haven't seen anything to be outraged about you have your eyes closed. Maybe people wouldn't be seeing Nazi signals if the White House wasn't championing Interment Camps and the separation of families and calling Nazis "fine people." Hell, Republicans in Illinois selected an actual Nazi to represent them in a national race. An out and out Nazi... not someone who used to be and saw the light, not someone who is suspected to be racist, but is a proud member of the Nazi party.

There are very real reasons to be disgusted by the White House, the GOP controlled congress, etc.

26 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'm thinking if you haven't seen anything to be outraged about you have your eyes closed. Maybe people wouldn't be seeing Nazi signals if the White House wasn't championing Interment Camps and the separation of families and calling Nazis "fine people." Hell, Republicans in Illinois selected an actual Nazi to represent them in a national race. An out and out Nazi... not someone who used to be and saw the light, not someone who is suspected to be racist, but is a proud member of the Nazi party.

There are very real reasons to be disgusted by the White House, the GOP controlled congress, etc.

It is nobodies fault but your own if you believe that Zina Bash, the wife of a US attourney, a woman of Mexican and Jewish heritage was making a white power signal on national television.

I dont believe anyone here ACTUALLY thought that way.  That they were just jumping on the latest "**** anyone who doesnt absolutely toe the liberal line" attack.

But if anyone here REALLY DID think that she was signaling white power, then you've become exactly like Alex Jones.  And Birthers.  And Sandy Hook deniers, and 9/11 nutjobs.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

But if anyone here REALLY DID think that she was signaling white power, then you've become exactly like Alex Jones.  And Birthers.  And Sandy Hook deniers, and 9/11 nutjobs.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you although I will say that a reasonable person could look at that video and say that she is making the gesture on purpose, whatever the reason or meaning behind it.

But here's my question... why are you like, "**** the liberals!" all the time and complaining about hypocrisy and faux outrage when another, more accurate way of saying what you just said would be

51 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

But if anyone here REALLY DID think that she was signaling white power, then you're maybe approaching borderline behavior that's in line with what the party that I still support and defend has been embracing for years, which could lead one to question whether or not I really care about that sort of thing or if I'm just full of **** and looking for reasons to say, "**** the liberals".

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

It is nobodies fault but your own if you believe that Zina Bash, the wife of a US attourney, a woman of Mexican and Jewish heritage was making a white power signal on national television.

It's all of a whole though. Do I believe that that specific US attorney who was in charge of separating children and interment camps is without blood on his hands? Do I think this White House hasn't sent out an endless stream of racist dog whistles? Do I know that they have quoted White Supremacist web sites? Do I know that they have copied and pasted White Supremacist images, memes and literature? Do I know that they have retweeted and lent their support to racists?

I do know all these things.

Now, do I buy for a second that US attorney's defense that his wife wasn't making any sort of specific gesture, but that the reverse A-Okay was just how she comfortably and unconsciously rests her hands normally? Not in the least, especially not if you watch the entire video from where her hands are before the text message, to her receiving the text message, to afterwards. And to be completely honest, I don't think I've ever seen anyone in my entire life accidentally make the A-Okay sign. She may not have been sending out supremacist messages, but the idea that that position is her natural resting position is an idea that's quite absurd.

On the scale of Trump atrocities... it's minor and not really worth delving into, but in this White House where racist dog whistles and racist outright trumpeting is an hourly occurrence... your position that the wife of a US Attorney might not be embroiled in racism isn't a very strong argument. The fact that she's both Jewish and Mexican works better, but when it comes to the modern Republican party... It has quacked, swam, flown, and done way to many duck-like things for us ever to imagine they are anything but ducks.

• Like 2

I’m more perplexed than outraged.  If she is a subordinate of Miller and wholeheartedly supports him and his policies (which her husband may be carrying out) then anything is possible.  I don’t think we have enough info yet about her thinking to be sure what exactly she was up to though.  

Edited by visionary
  • Like 2

It's an awfully seriously charge without some concrete evidence.  That she worked for Miller and if her husband was very active in the child separation, that's concerning.  But at the end of the day, it's not even the nominee, but his assistant.  Doesn't seem like a big deal.

• Like 2

Again..Stephen Miller (who was raised a Jew) is a white nationalist neo Nazi douchebag. It's not hard to fathom that there are others who share his ancestry that might believe the same dumbass ideas as him. Including anyone that worked for or with him.

Maybe it was innocent. Maybe it's an overreaction. But seriously who the **** holds their hands and arms that way? 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you although I will say that a reasonable person could look at that video and say that she is making the gesture on purpose, whatever the reason or meaning behind it.

But here's my question... why are you like, "**** the liberals!" all the time and complaining about hypocrisy and faux outrage when another, more accurate way of saying what you just said would be

Because its the Tailgate.

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Again..Stephen Miller (who was raised a Jew) is a white nationalist neo Nazi douchebag. It's not hard to fathom that there are others who share his ancestry that might believe the same dumbass ideas as him. Including anyone that worked for or with him.

Maybe it was innocent. Maybe it's an overreaction. But seriously who the **** holds their hands and arms that way? 

We're just asking questions.  Why wont anyone answer our questions!?  Maybe her hands are frozen that way from carrying the super iron thermite up the stairs at tower one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The problem with the precedent question is that historically, precedent is only precedent until a new precedent is set. 

Considering everything that is going on with Trump at the moment (and foreseeable future) it is imperative that whoever is confirmed as a supreme court justice commit themselves to not standing in the way of any possible prosecution of high crimes & misdemeanors the President may be charged with. It is crucial that they do not view the President above the law. 

18 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'd say this answer is a way of avoiding the unpleasant stimuli and conflict of conscious that you'd experience if you underwent a serious introspective analysis of why you continue to support the GOP.

Your mistake is equating my hatred of liberal idiocy for support of the GOP.  While I do support the GOP some of the time, and support GOP politicians more often than I support Dem politicians, I am not a supporter or fan of the entity that has become the GOP.  But there are more than enough folks here daily beating that dead horse.  My input is unnecessary.

30 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Your mistake is equating my hatred of liberal idiocy for support of the GOP.

I've been paying attention well enough and I have a difficult time agreeing with that. If it isn't out and out support, it's definitely enabling based on preconceived biases that you're unable to let go of. The liberal idiocy that you hate is a microfraction of the idiocy coming out of the GOP these days.

I have no problem with bothsidesism or whatever it's called. In fact, I think it's quite a good thing but only as long as the criticism is allocated proportionally to each party's faults. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I've been paying attention well enough and I have a difficult time agreeing with that. If it isn't out and out support, it's definitely enabling.

I have no problem with bothsidesism or whatever it's called. In fact, I think it's a good thing but only as long as the criticism is allocated proportionally to each party's faults. 

You should check all threads concerning abortion, gun control, death penalty.  Or threads where I supported Dems pols like Bill Nelson, Brian Schweitzer, and even Joe Biden before he sold us all out.  

Enabling on a message board is a bizarre theory.  My posts in no way shape or form make it easier for the GOP to accomplish anything.  It's just a message board.  We could have some milquetoast threads where we all kind of agree with each other, but those would be rather boring and fall off the first page rather quickly.  If they come across as support, that's probably right more often than not, but I would suggest that's more a result of the boards sausage grind than it is a prefect snapshot of any of our views and positions in entirety.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Enabling on a message board is a bizarre theory.  My posts in no way shape or form make it easier for the GOP to accomplish anything.  It's just a message board.  We could have some milquetoast threads where we all kind of agree with each other, but those would be rather boring and fall off the first page rather quickly.

I'm working under the assumption that your views extend beyond this message board and yes, the idea that the liberals are on par with or worse than the GOP is EXACTLY what allows them to get away with all of the bullcrap that they pull.

Yeah, it'd be a boring message board if there were no debate in any thread but disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing is pretty silly. If I started a thread titled, "Does butt taste good?" I doubt there'd be a whole lot of arguing.That's where the GOP is at. They are a ****ing disgrace and the greatest threat that out country is currently facing. One party has problems. The other is an absolute **** show monstrosity and framing it as anything else is enablement.

Kilmer is 100% a GOP schill. He is upset at requesting documents of a Supreme Court candidate and been vocal about that despite it being standard; not as vocal about the GOP refusing to hold a hearing for a Supreme Court nominee; okay with a president who is under investigation for felonies and potentially Treason nominating someone who has said he doesnt think a president should be charged for a crime.

Kilmer is fine with this because he is happy with the GOP being in power and all the corruption it means.

Its been interesting watching him become even more radicalized since the Trump presidency. Kilmer has bent over forwards and backwards to defend most of  Trump’s actions and the GOP supporting his actions.

He is not fair about this and cannot be fair. He is not going to debate with anyone in good faith on these topics.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

We're just asking questions.  Why wont anyone answer our questions!?  Maybe her hands are frozen that way from carrying the super iron thermite up the stairs at tower one.

Its especially amusing to hear that the left hasnt gone bat**** crazy, repeatedly

Legalize pot and social media saturation, what couuld possibly go wrong?  We are in crazytown allright

• Haha 1