Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

I dont know why yall would be tired of Avenatti yet. All he has been is right so far. And he is using the means by which our society has decided to work to get things done. 

Hes playing by the rules the President and the GOP have set masterfully. If anything you should scared cause eventually someone like him will be President. 

Also @Spaceman Spiff I get Kav being angry if hes innocent. But he didnt do his family any favors by being such a open liar. No one would trust him after that performance and thus his family catches the heat. They say a mans family are the ones that live with his demons. 

Him responding "Do you??" to the senator who literally just asked him "did you ever black out" as professionally and respectfully as possible was a sigh of his ****ty character more than it was his righteous anger spilling forth. He was acting like a ****ing child. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I dont know why yall would be tired of Avenatti yet. All he has been is right so far. And he is using the means by which our society has decided to work to get things done. 

Hes playing by the rules the President and the GOP have set masterfully. If anything you should scared cause eventually someone like him will be President. 

Also @Spaceman Spiff I get Kav being angry if hes innocent. But he didnt do his family any favors by being such a open liar. No one would trust him after that performance and thus his family catches the heat. They say a mans family are the ones that live with his demons. 

Him responding "Do you??" to the senator who literally just asked him "did you ever black out" as professionally and respectfully as possible was a sigh of his ****ty character more than it was his righteous anger spilling forth. He was acting like a ****ing child. 

Well, yeah.  I don't think he's innocent either, but he sure thinks he does.  You're right, he lied about everything else, makes it more believable that he's going to lie about something more severe like attempted rape.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

A half assed FBI investigation has started, results due Friday I believe.

Half-assed is an extremely generous way of putting it.

We're getting like, 1/10th of an ass, at most.  Probably more like 1/20th of an ass.

Like if you multiplied the % of real chicken in Subway chicken breasts circa 2013, by the % of real beef in Taco Bell seasoned ground beef circa 2008, you would still have substantially more ass than this investigation gives.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Under normal circumstances, I believe this is the point where the nomination gets pulled.

All I really want to know is if Mark Judge ever worked at Safeway -- which would be a key connection to Dr. Ford... how would she know this? Again, to me the fact that there is a connection to BK would refute one of his claims that it would be impossible for them to meet.

Additionally, all of his Yale classmates coming out about the type of drunk he was, claiming he lied to the Senate is damning.

BK is smart enough to know that if it comes out he was a heavy drinker plus angry/violent drunk --I mean comes out in a way that the Senate can see and not just the public, he is done... because he wouldn't be able to remember such an incident.

To me mischaracterization of his drinking and the partisan tone he displayed at the hearing disqualify him enough -- not to mention the Kozinski scandal too which people are also bringing up.

The fact that there is a concern with a fishing expedition wrt Dr. Ford claims leads me to think they are afraid of a big catch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Under normal circumstances, I believe this is the point where the nomination gets pulled.

All I really want to know is if Mark Judge ever worked at Safeway -- which would be a key connection to Dr. Ford... how would she know this? Again, to me the fact that there is a connection to BK would refute one of his claims that it would be impossible for them to meet.

Additionally, all of his Yale classmates coming out about the type of drunk he was, claiming he lied to the Senate is damning.

BK is smart enough to know that if it comes out he was a heavy drinker plus angry/violent drunk --I mean comes out in a way that the Senate can see and not just the public, he is done... because he wouldn't be able to remember such an incident.

To me mischaracterization of his drinking and the partisan tone he displayed at the hearing disqualify him enough -- not to mention the Kozinski scandal too which people are also bringing up.

The fact that there is a concern with a fishing expedition wrt Dr. Ford claims leads me to think they are afraid of a big catch.

I agree with your take on Judge.  IIRC, he's being interviewed by the FBI this week, is that correct?  

I said it before, I'll say it again, the fact that they're not interviewing that Squi guy is ridiculous.  EVERYONE on his calendar should be interviewed.  

• Like 1

On one hand, finding out that Ford did indeed run into Judge at a Safeway seems like it doesn’t add much to Ford’s allegations (aside from helping the timeline).  On the other hand, just recalling running into Judge 36 years ago, where virtually no conversation occurred (certainly nothing noteworthy, according to Ford) adds to the weight of her testimony.  Why would she recall that fact if she didn’t have a basis to do so?

Man, I hope this investigation isn’t as limited as it seems to be...

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree with your take on Judge.  IIRC, he's being interviewed by the FBI this week, is that correct?  

I said it before, I'll say it again, the fact that they're not interviewing that Squi guy is ridiculous.  EVERYONE on his calendar should be interviewed.  

I am almost certain the whole purpose of this sham investigation was for GOP Senators to be able to say "See!  The FBI talked to Mark Judge and nothing came of it."  If they can get Mark Judge's denial in an FBI report, without any contradictory evidence against him, they can say they've been right all along.

They will conveniently gloss over the numerous limitations.

3 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

On one hand, finding out that Ford did indeed run into Judge at a Safeway seems like it doesn’t add much to Ford’s allegations (aside from helping the timeline).  On the other hand, just recalling running into Judge 36 years ago, where virtually no conversation occurred (certainly nothing noteworthy, according to Ford) adds to the weight of her testimony.  Why would she recall that fact if she didn’t have a basis to do so?

Man, I hope this investigation isn’t as limited as it seems to be...

I think it adds a ton to her credibility if they can prove Judge was there, and I hope they can.

Gotta wonder if Safeway still has records from 36 years ago, though.  Can't imagine they had a computer system back then and even if they did it's ancient and I'd be curious if all the information had been ported over to newer systems throughout the years.  If all the records were kept by hand? Someones gotta dig through boxes and files.  Safeway, being as big as it is, should be organized...but 36 year old records?  Going to be way hard to find, I think.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think it adds a ton to her credibility if they can prove Judge was there, and I hope they can.

Gotta wonder if Safeway still has records from 36 years ago, though.  Can't imagine they had a computer system back then and even if they did it's ancient and I'd be curious if all the information had been ported over to newer systems throughout the years.  If all the records were kept by hand? Someones gotta dig through boxes and files.  Safeway, being as big as it is, should be organized...but 36 year old records?  Going to be way hard to find, I think.

Tax Returns. If he made enough to file a 1040EZ it would have the W2 for where he worked. Plus his friends remember and he remembers.

• Like 2

... and I will add. If Dr. Ford is just a Clinton plant and lying about this incident and the primary parties involved she should be prosecuted as well.

Just saying...

The GOP is dumb for whitewashing the investigation, because a Dem House can dig all they want in January 2019 if they get the House.

Just run an honest investigation and lay everything on the table...

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

Just saying...

The GOP is dumb for whitewashing the investigation, because a Dem House can dig all they want in January 2019 if they get the House.

. . . after he's confirmed, in an investigation which will instantly be labeled as partisan (almost certainly, correctly).  

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

Sooooo, been gone for a few days.

Did I miss anything?

Not really. Those who hated the choice because he is a conservative jurist still hate him. Those who support him mostly don't post here, and a few people who were undecided may have changed their minds or don't have the mental energy to care.

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

Half-assed is an extremely generous way of putting it.

We're getting like, 1/10th of an ass, at most.  Probably more like 1/20th of an ass.

Like if you multiplied the % of real chicken in Subway chicken breasts circa 2013, by the % of real beef in Taco Bell seasoned ground beef circa 2008, you would still have substantially more ass than this investigation gives.

Sounds like about a 1/4 boof.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Not really. Those who hated the choice because he is a conservative jurist still hate him. Those who support him mostly don't post here, and a few people who were undecided may have changed their minds or don't have the mental energy to care.

How about the people who are focused on making sure the process is legitimate, wherever it may lead? How come that is never an option when people are creating categories for the different "teams" involved in all this nonsense?

Is there anyone else on Team Process? Team Truth? Team Country over Party? Or Team "Let's not act like a ****ing banana republic with a kangaroo court"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

This is some BS. Most accept that it was going to be a conservative jurist. That may be the reason some don't like him but a lot don't like that he is a lying POS. 

• Like 1