Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

2 hours ago, visionary said:

Sounds like everyone else in politics, TBH.  

As I've said before, I found her to be more credible when testifying so don't mistake me for a Kavanaugh apologist when I say the following (although I know some of you will):

First, I didn't mind him being angry.  The pearl clutching about him coming out swinging in his opening statement is a bit over the top.  No doubt he genuinely feels that he's being falsely accused, who wouldn't be angry about it?  He wasn't wrong about his life and his family life being destroyed, not that anyone cares.  His wife has received death threats (so I'm being fair, so has Ford).  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/09/20/death-threats-brett-kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford/1371995002/

"My condolences to you for being married to a rapist. Although you probably deserve it," one person wrote in an email obtained by CNN.

Another message sent this week said "F*** YOU AND YOUR RAPIST HUSBAND," according to CNN. 

The Wall Street Journal cited two other emails sent to Ashely Kavanaugh's government email account. She works as town manager for a suburb of the Village of Chevy Chase. A phone number listed for her office went straight to voicemail and a message from USA TODAY was not returned. 

"May you, your husband and your kids burn in hell," one message read. Another said she should tell her husband to "put a bullet in his … skull," according to the WSJ. 

WTF, does she deserve that?  Who wouldn't be angry about their wife and kids being dragged into something like this?  Yeah, he boofed the pooch when answering questions and appearing credible but as I said I think the pearl clutching about him being angry is a bit ridiculous.  

I think a lot of people would be angry about being falsely accused.  And to prove my point and to try to lighten the mood a little, here's some Dave Chappelle: (NSFW)

Second...yeah, of course it's partisan.  Is anyone surprised?  He's a conservative that's trying to be approved for the Supreme Court and liberals are trying to block him from getting the seat.  They're trying to block him because they're afraid of and disagree with his views.  He's gonna try to overturn R v W is one of the battle cries.  I don't see any of his fellow conservatives coming down hard on him and trying to block him.  On the contrary, they're doing whatever they can to ram-rod him in there.  Is that not the situation he's found himself in?  He called it out for what it was, which is partisan politics.  I will agree that the Clinton conspiracy thing he mentioned was ridiculously stupid and didn't do him any favors.  But liberals aren't pissed that Trump is president and can appoint who he wants to the SC?  So he called out his situation and who's against him for being what it is and people are upset about it?  An SC justice is supposed to be impartial but he's not exactly in an impartial situation with impartial people treating him in an impartial manner.  

In the end, I think he's an shady person but the worst parts for him, IMO, were not answering questions truthfully and not admitting to being a jerk and doing douchey things in high school.  I said it before, the best thing he could have done was just fess up to everything, say he's learned from mistakes and say that's not who he is anymore.  The little lies and dodging of questions point to the notion that he's most likely lying about what happened with Ford.  He's not a truthful, forthcoming person, which is enough.  Being angry for what he feels is a false accusation and calling out his attackers, I can understand.  

It's ****ty that the FBI investigation is already appearing to be a half assed effort.  That dude Squi, who apparently is one of the linchpins that could corroborate her story and prove that Ford traveled in Kavanaugh's circles (which he denied) absolutely has to be on the list, it's a ****ing dog and pony show if he's not.  The above tweet says that names can be added but I would be surprised if any are.  All the names that are on his dumbass calendars have to be on the list.  Democrats should be rightfully pissed.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2

Man, the emails that Ashley Kavanaugh is getting is just unreal and unbelievably stupid.  I think we should have a new procedure where if 95% of the population agree, we can send a person off to a desert island or something.  Some people are just too stupid to be a part of society.  Good grief.

• Like 2

Just now, bearrock said:

Man, the emails that Ashley Kavanaugh is getting is just unreal and unbelievably stupid.  I think we should have a new procedure where if 95% of the population agree, we can send a person off to a desert island or something.  Some people are just too stupid to be a part of society.  Good grief.

Net neutrality and Ajit Pai.  But that's a different conversation for a different time.

I'm curious if Flake, Murkowski, and Collins will make a stink about the WH limiting the FBI investigation so much. If not, then shame on them.

Unfortunately I don't have much hope. Collins will probably put out another "I'm concerned" statement and then proceed to do nothing and vote for BK. 

Senator Hatch Office Retweeted Tom Elliott

Dems: Dr Ford deserves a hearing! Republicans: Let’s have a hearing! D’s: Bullies! This hearing is a sham! D’s: We need an FBI investigation! R’s: Ok we’ll have an FBI investigation. D’s: This investigation is a farce! The goalpost moving never stops.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, twa said:

Dems: Dr Ford deserves a hearing! Republicans: Let’s have a hearing! D’s: Bullies! This hearing is a sham! D’s: We need an FBI investigation! R’s: Ok we’ll have an FBI investigation. D’s: This investigation is a farce! The goalpost moving never stops.

Ah yes, nothing like a senile old white man tweeting angrily to set everyone straight.

Dems, of course, have sought a thorough investigation from the get go.  That has not changed.  That still has not been provided.

Hatch, like Grassley, Graham, and about a half-dozen other R senators, belongs in an old folks home.  At this stage he is nothing but a destructive element for our republic, and the world will be better for him being gone when he is finally out of office.

40 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Think of the shame I feel...people thought it was appropriate to send Susan Collins coathangers. 

It was not even remotely so, and I hope she knows we liberal women are not all that wretched. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, twa said:

Well, it is a farce.  Key people that need to be interviewed aren't on their list.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Ah yes, nothing like a senile old white man tweeting angrily to set everyone straight.

Dems, of course, have sought a thorough investigation from the get go.  That has not changed.  That still has not been provided.

I think you may be right about the but the Rs don't have to grant any of that (even though they should for their own sake, which is why they are doing it). 

BTW, if you are Feinstein and you've had this info all this time is there any way in hell you have not been looking into Kavanaugh, getting as much dirt as possible on via private investigators or any other means? Or, has she and we've heard it already? 

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Until the names/accounts of the people sending these e-mails have been outed then I tend to take these reports from either side with a grain of salt. Who's to say people from Team Red aren't sending those e-mails to drum up sympathy for Kavanaugh?

1 minute ago, AJ* said:

Until the names/accounts of the people sending these e-mails have been outed then I tend to take these reports from either side with a grain of salt. Who's to say people from Team Red aren't sending those e-mails to drum up sympathy for Kavanaugh?

I guess that's possible.  I still say that's incredibly stupid and dishonest on top of it.  They would have my ironclad vote for one way trip to a desert island.

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Did you watch her face fall every time he started to talk? 

Watch it again, you'll get what I mean.

8 minutes ago, AJ* said:

Can you reach the other side of the Grand Canyon with that stretch?

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Can you reach the other side of the Grand Canyon with that stretch?

Can you show me the actual name or account of the person who sent these e-mails? Any reports of where it came from? State? IP address? Anything at all to show who actually sent them? 

3 minutes ago, AJ* said:

Can you show me the actual name or account of the person who sent these e-mails? Any reports of where it came from? State? IP address? Anything at all to show who actually sent them? 

Well, ok then.  Ford got nasty emails and threats, too.  Do you think liberals are sending her nastygrams in order to drum up sympathy for her, too?  Let's see you apply the same logic to both parties involved in this situation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, ok then.  Ford got nasty emails and threats, too.  Do you think liberals are sending her nastygrams in order to drum up sympathy for her, too?  Let's see you apply the same logic to both parties involved in this situation.

There are crazy people on both sides probably, but I will note that I've seen a lot of people say awful stuff about Ford on twitter pretty much every day and can't recall seeing much at all about Kav's family.  That said I feel bad for his family for what they are going through, but that does not excuse his behavior.  Many people have been treated likewise without acting like he did and they weren't demanding a promotion to the Supreme Court. 

Edited by visionary

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, that's what 'I tend to take these reports from either side with a grain of salt" means.