Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

25 minutes ago, Larry said:

However, I have trouble with the notion of "unfit for Supreme Court because he drank a lot in college". 

Yeah wouldn't it be ironic that he loses his SC seat for just about the same reason Clinton was impeached. Lying under oath.  The way I see it Kavanaugh must be have been very worried about giving a more honest assessment of his late teens/early 20's, so much so that he was pretty much lying, and someone like him would know damn well that lying under oath is often times worse than the actual crime/alleged crime.  

All he had to say was admit to his heavy drinking and but re-iterate that there was no amount of beer or alcohol that could get him to do what is alleged.  Something along those lines.  Instead he was trying to build a fake version of himself.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Larry said:

However, I have trouble with the notion of "unfit for Supreme Court because he drank a lot in college". 

That's fair, but I don't think that's the argument. The issue is he lies wantonly, including about things like college drinking that ordinarily wouldn't be a huge deal. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Nobody does. What makes him unfit is that he's lying about it. 

I don't care if he lies about drinking a lot in college. 

Any more than I care about Bill Clinton lying about cheating on his wife. 

Edited by Larry
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Larry said:

I don't care if he lies about drinking a lot in college. 

Any more than I care about Bill Clinton lying about cheating on his wife. 

I don't understand this at all. If someone is willing to lie about under oath about something as trivial as drinking 30 years ago, it means that person has problems telling the truth. That's a terrible character flaw for some that is a judge and wants to be on the Supreme Court. 

I'd urge you to reconsider. 

BTW, the reason he lies about drinking and not ever passing out, it's cause he can't otherwise declare with certainty that he never did any of these things if there have been times he was blackout drunk. It's pretty transparent.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

you played yourself

I wouldn't label Lindsay Graham as an " Angry White Man ".

As far as Kavanaugh, he certainly displayed stretches of anger during his testimony, but it's funny how ( if ) being falsely accused of rape, and participating in drug-fueled gang rape parties could downright piss a guy off.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I wouldn't label Lindsay Graham as an " Angry White Man ".

As far as Kavanaugh, he certainly displayed stretches of anger during his testimony, but it's funny how being falsely accused of rape, and participating in drug-fueled gang rape parties could downright piss a guy off.

That's amusing. I'm guessing you think he was totally honest during his testimony as well. 

The FBI investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh will be defined by White House instructions, former FBI Assistant Director Ron Hosko told CBS News. A floor vote on Kavanaugh's confirmation in the Senate has been delayed a week while the FBI conducts a limited investigation into allegations by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her at a house party when they were both teenagers.

Investigators could look at other witnesses who have not yet been contacted, such as other people who attended the party or the person who drove Ford home after the alleged assault took place.

It's unlikely, said Hosko, that the White House would ask the FBI to track down leads that could tarnish Kavanaugh's reputation, such as looking more thoroughly into his history of drinking and questioning his credibility. The White House dictates "what they want the FBI to do, and by extension, what they don't want the FBI to do."

Hosko said that he believes that if the investigation just involves interviewing four to five people, it should be wrapped up in a few days. It would then be presented to the White House, which would then give the report to the Senate Judiciary Committee. If there is nothing truly new in the report, it likely won't take long for the document to be made public.

"Is the instruction to interview the four people? If that's what their instruction is, that's what they'll do," Hosko said, adding that the investigators were unlikely to pursue other leads without instruction.   

Manny Gomez, a former FBI agent and current president of MG Security Services, told "CBS This Morning" Saturday that the FBI might oversee a polygraph test on a witness.

If they are talking to Ramirez too though, that would seem to indicate that it won't be a super narrow probe.

Edited by visionary

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

If they can polygraph people, why not polygraph Kavanaugh at some point this next week?

Just now, Spearfeather said:

Glad you liked it, but if you're now talking about honesty instead of anger, I'm not sure either one of them were being totally honest.

It helps to fit the narrative you've created to claim Dr. Ford was being dishonest. I don't know what happened but we all now know that Kavanaugh lies. That should be enough to remove any person from consideration and from being a Judge at any level.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, visionary said:

So you don't think repeated perjury is disqualifying for a Supreme Court justice?

Mill give the same reasoning I applied to Bill Clinton. 

I dont have a problem with somebody lying under oath, if the question is about something completely unrelated, being asked purely for the purpose of getting the subject to admit something to make him politically vulnerable. 

Whether Kavenaugh was ever drunk, or whether Bill Clinton cheated on his wife, has nothing to do with committing a crime. The only reason for asking it is to try to get a politically embarrassing sound bite. 

12 minutes ago, Larry said:

Mill give the same reasoning I applied to Bill Clinton. 

I dont have a problem with somebody lying under oath, if the question is about something completely unrelated, being asked purely for the purpose of getting the subject to admit something to make him politically vulnerable. 

Whether Kavenaugh was ever drunk, or whether Bill Clinton cheated on his wife, has nothing to do with committing a crime. The only reason for asking it is to try to get a politically embarrassing sound bite. 

This is so misguided. The allegation specifically mentions Kavanaugh being drunk/drinking excessively. Of course his drinking is relevant. 

The fact that you are okay with someone who could be a Supreme Court justice committing perjury is baffling. It speaks to his character and it goes against the principles of the judicial system. 

31 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

This narrative you've created that I've created a narrative...

You said he was falsely accused. Therefore it helps you to claim that by saying Dr. Ford was not honest. 

• Like 2