Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

I feel like when you’ve reached a point of parsing word for word the statements of a nominee for the Supreme Court to determine whether he “technically” lied under oath or not, you’ve already reached a conclusion that he is not fit for the role. 

This entire thing has become a pathetic joke. Find a nominee that’s not credibly accused of sexual assault and a proven liar. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

I concur. 

The accusation alone is disqualifying...that anyone would even think he did that, makes him unfit for SCOTUS...but when he's ALREADY LIED in his hearings?  I'll pass. 

Credible allegation(s) plus stonewalling. It can't be that any allegation topples a nominee. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the linked article:

Going into the Brett Kavanaugh hearing, critics questioned the choice of Republicans to cede many of their questions to Rachel Mitchell, a veteran sex crimes prosecutor. Was the hearing fair?

The hearing was a travesty, at once tragic, corrupt, and hateful.

The decision of the 11 Republican men on the committee to delegate their questioning to a prosecutor Mitch McConnell called a “female assistant” wasn’t even the most outrageous aspect of the proceedings. It says much about the hearing as a whole that while Mitchell did the men’s dirty work — failing to pursue any evidence that might corroborate Christine Blasey Ford’s narrative (e.g., a conspicuous entry in Kavanaugh’s Summer of ’82 calendar) — she too was in the end was belittled for the failing of being a woman. Banished to her seat at the children’s table soon after Kavanaugh started to testify, she sat in humiliated silence while Lindsey Graham and his bros took over the questioning to beat up on Ford in absentia once her testimony had ended.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/09/ford-kavanaugh-hearings-were-a-case-study-in-gop-misogyny.html

Note: there's an ad that appears on the page, the X is in the right edge middle. Also, NSFW due to swear words in the text.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I concur. 

The accusation alone is disqualifying...that anyone would even think he did that, makes him unfit for SCOTUS...but when he's ALREADY LIED in his hearings?  I'll pass. 

The irony is pretty thick. 

Kavanaugh made his GOP bones by trying to wedge Bill Clinton into a corner where he'd lie about receiving an NSFW from a consenting adult. When he and the rest of Ken's merry band of GOP hit-men succeeded,  a howl of righteous anguish

over Clinton demeaning the nation by his outrageous falsehoods rose from Fox News and its followers.  Never mind the POTUS is elected and can be removed in four years by voters or constitutional requirements if voters decided he was unfit. 

Now the same legal eagle has blatantly lied several times before a Congressional committee, Republicans tell us it's now just nit-picking and irrelevant as he needs to be (for the good of the nation) be placed on the SCOTUS where he serves a lifetime appointment.      

From Kavanaugh's opening statements to Lindsey Ghream's unhinged rantings, the hypocrisy level to this whole affair has been stomach churning. That's even taking the usual level of partisan non-sense into account. 

Edited by youngestson
Fat finger typing errors.
  • Thanks 2

My patient's mom has the Sunday talk shows on. I think I've now seen Hume on three different shows announcing the imminent collapse of civilization, because partisan Democrats have decided that only in a court of law is it necessary to prove someone guilty. 

I keep wanting to shout "lock her up!" At the tv. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

But if I don't keep trudging through whatever...I can't even begin to get on the field for a  tryout (to put it in Sunday football terms).

I'm tough, but only because I watched the elder women in my family. My aunt sewed the hems on bedspreads at Cannon for decades...300 a day. With no air conditioning or heat. 

We women will no longer be told that we have no voice. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Obfuscating. Seniors were legal (I really wasn't), people (but not me) might have had too many beers on occasion, how dare you imply Renate was easy!?!? I can't believe the Ds are dragging her name through the dirt!

He's implying he didn't do it without directly saying it.

Add: Kanye performing as a Perrier bottle is a nice diversion,

I think therein lies a problem. 

• Like 1

Yup, knew this investigation was going to be a scam the minute McConnell said he was ok with it. 100% chance he got word from the WH that they'd restrict it like crazy on the back end while telling the public they were letting the FBI do whatever they want. 

****ing pathetic. And I think there's an 85% chance that Flake, Murkowski, and Collins will just roll with it and will vote to confirm him. Unless someone leaks internal docs that actually show the WH deliberately limiting the scope so they have to address it.